VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

elleo

Nov 18, 2017
Easily the best update so far Aaryn, keep it up man! This is getting good!
My favorite update was v0.5 (chapter 2) Braden's bulge, at doctor office :p

I keep getting an error which loops me back to the scene where the protagonist tries out for the swim team. It's not worth starting over so I'm out I guess.
I have no loop or error in the game.

I think they're talking about chapter two or, looks more like they're not doing something right to move on. Or use an old save game?

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I keep getting an error which loops me back to the scene where the protagonist tries out for the swim team. It's not worth starting over so I'm out I guess.
I'm guessing you ran into a problem while using an old save game. You have to start fresh each time. There's a version of a "warp point" once you choose new game, though.

If you're sticking around to play more of the game, let me know if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I would be curious about the actual error you're getting. If you're upset about the bug and left, that's cool too though.

Traban16

Dec 21, 2017
Leaving for work and haven't talked about the past three updates. I've played them, and DAMN is this story just getting better and better! Though I'm a little confused on the passage of time. It seems like more time is passing than I'm aware of in the storyline.

Also, it seems very confined to the room in these last few ones. I get it, though. It is their "safe space" to be open and honest with each other, especually for Braden to open up to Zack. Not a complaint, just something I noticed.

AMAZING GAME!! Please keep up the great work!!

I look forward to the great storytelling more and more as it goes. I feel like I'm half-Zack now. LoL! XD

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Leaving for work and haven't talked about the past three updates. I've played them, and DAMN is this story just getting better and better! Though I'm a little confused on the passage of time. It seems like more time is passing than I'm aware of in the storyline.

Also, it seems very confined to the room in these last few ones. I get it, though. It is their "safe space" to be open and honest with each other, especually for Braden to open up to Zack. Not a complaint, just something I noticed.

AMAZING GAME!! Please keep up the great work!!

I look forward to the great storytelling more and more as it goes. I feel like I'm half-Zack now. LoL! XD
Aww, Thanks for the love, bro. I really appreciate it. I'm trying to make both characters consistent but relateable to most people on some level. I agree with you on the limited setting, though. I've thought about this. To be honest, originally, I sorta planned this. One of my initial challenges was to see if I could make a game with only 2 characters and 1 room interesting enough for people to play. For anyone with a literature background, I'd toss out something like McCarthy's The Sunset Limited that ended up being a HBO movie. I love dialogue and how it can weave a story and develop a character without an actual event having to happen. A lot of the game is exploratory for me in that regard.

Obviously, over time, as I thought about the story, I took it into other areas, including developing sports interests and--one of my favs--the doc office scene. I like the feedback, though Traban and I may take this to heart in the future updates. I do have a few other new areas planned but it may be a few updates before I get to it. Depends on how things go...I have an outline but I don't always stick to it.

On your comment about time: I have mixed feelings about this. Originally (I'm not sure if you played the early builds that were repetitive with stat points or not) I was using the repetition of stat upgrades to somewhat simulate time. Since then I'll admit to actually ignoring time and this could be in error. To me, I felt the dialogue suggests a longer passage of time because of slow progression and changes in the relationship. However, to be brutally honest, I could not tell you how many days have passed in game...I'd guess around 2 or 3 months in my head. Maybe I should consider some changes to explore that though...

Solid thoughts. Thank you :)

elleo

Nov 18, 2017
Depending on whether you know the game or not. (The way you play it.)
Chapter 1: 10 ~ 15 day...
Chapter 2: 07 ~ 10 day...
Chapter 3: 07 ~ 10 day...
Update: up to now 3 day

Reactions: Traban16 and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
lol. I love how you've tracked this shit better than I have :p

Reactions: Traban16

Traban16

Dec 21, 2017
Aww, Thanks for the love, bro. I really appreciate it. I'm trying to make both characters consistent but relateable to most people on some level. I agree with you on the limited setting, though. I've thought about this. To be honest, originally, I sorta planned this. One of my initial challenges was to see if I could make a game with only 2 characters and 1 room interesting enough for people to play. For anyone with a literature background, I'd toss out something like McCarthy's The Sunset Limited that ended up being a HBO movie. I love dialogue and how it can weave a story and develop a character without an actual event having to happen. A lot of the game is exploratory for me in that regard.

Obviously, over time, as I thought about the story, I took it into other areas, including developing sports interests and--one of my favs--the doc office scene. I like the feedback, though Traban and I may take this to heart in the future updates. I do have a few other new areas planned but it may be a few updates before I get to it. Depends on how things go...I have an outline but I don't always stick to it.

On your comment about time: I have mixed feelings about this. Originally (I'm not sure if you played the early builds that were repetitive with stat points or not) I was using the repetition of stat upgrades to somewhat simulate time. Since then I'll admit to actually ignoring time and this could be in error. To me, I felt the dialogue suggests a longer passage of time because of slow progression and changes in the relationship. However, to be brutally honest, I could not tell you how many days have passed in game...I'd guess around 2 or 3 months in my head. Maybe I should consider some changes to explore that though...

Solid thoughts. Thank you :)
1.) This game is amazing! I don't care if it was set in a shitty Adam Sandler movie. I would still play it!
2.) I like the idea of a Bottle-episode game. Sounds neat-o! :)
3.) I thought the passage of time was supposed to be around two or three months. I did play the earlier builds, and remember the Attendance stat. I just thought it was odd that Braden kept going to wrestling, but Zack never did anything else with the swimming team. I figured he was waiting for their first meet or practice while Braden was getting into a comfort zone doing his wrestling practice. It made sense to me while playing this update.
4.) PLEASE UPDATE SOON!! All the other games are trashy harem stories that have no "story" (except for Summertime Saga, only other one I really play for every update), and I NEED engrossing and compelling story-telling like this!! NEED IT!! :coldsweat:XDx'D

Reactions: Aaryn

Traban16

Dec 21, 2017
You are some kind of savant... LoL! XD

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
1.) This game is amazing! I don't care if it was set in a shitty Adam Sandler movie. I would still play it!
2.) I like the idea of a Bottle-episode game. Sounds neat-o! :)
3.) I thought the passage of time was supposed to be around two or three months. I did play the earlier builds, and remember the Attendance stat. I just thought it was odd that Braden kept going to wrestling, but Zack never did anything else with the swimming team. I figured he was waiting for their first meet or practice while Braden was getting into a comfort zone doing his wrestling practice. It made sense to me while playing this update.
4.) PLEASE UPDATE SOON!! All the other games are trashy harem stories that have no "story" (except for Summertime Saga, only other one I really play for every update), and I NEED engrossing and compelling story-telling like this!! NEED IT!! :coldsweat:XDx'D
I feel compelled to somehow make a 3D version of Adam Sandler and have him make a cameo now. Next update will be private golf lessons with Happy Gilmore.

The swim team will come back around. I had several different ways to include it but I couldn't really make up my mind to finalize things yet. Plus, the current update (poker night--I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers) was seriously wearing on me from a coding standpoint. It's something that's been planned from the inception. Something I was both excited about but dreading how to do it. Once this update is pushed out, I feel like I can concentrate on the plot part again. I'll admit to being nervous about this update more than any other--we'll see how it goes. I'm still testing and editing right now with a few CGs left to probably do.

The swim team should make an appearance before long, though. Far as we know, Zack is still waiting on the call from Mikhail. How in-depth I go with it, I haven't determined yet. It was also setup as a potential way to launch another character route to keep my options open. It will hold a role to the story, though.

Traban16

Dec 21, 2017
I feel compelled to somehow make a 3D version of Adam Sandler and have him make a cameo now. Next update will be private golf lessons with Happy Gilmore.

The swim team will come back around. I had several different ways to include it but I couldn't really make up my mind to finalize things yet. Plus, the current update (poker night--I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers) was seriously wearing on me from a coding standpoint. It's something that's been planned from the inception. Something I was both excited about but dreading how to do it. Once this update is pushed out, I feel like I can concentrate on the plot part again. I'll admit to being nervous about this update more than any other--we'll see how it goes. I'm still testing and editing right now with a few CGs left to probably do.

The swim team should make an appearance before long, though. Far as we know, Zack is still waiting on the call from Mikhail. How in-depth I go with it, I haven't determined yet. It was also setup as a potential way to launch another character route to keep my options open. It will hold a role to the story, though.
I like Happy Gilmore, and it would be epic to see him yell at a golf ball. XD Now I'm even MORE excited for this game! Arrgghh, I cannot wait for the next update! And the potential for more routes?!! All love to Braden and his sexy little ass, but that sounds beyond interesting!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I like Happy Gilmore, and it would be epic to see him yell at a golf ball. XD Now I'm even MORE excited for this game! Arrgghh, I cannot wait for the next update! And the potential for more routes?!! All love to Braden and his sexy little ass, but that sounds beyond interesting!
Lol, to clarify Adam Sandler wont be in game but I may consider making a CG of Zack yelling at a golf ball just because that shot has me curious now too. Lol.

Other routes are waaaaay down the line...

Nov 9, 2017
Finally got to play this again thanks to the compressed version posted earlier. Like where this is going especially the strip poker coming (or should I say cumming?) in a future update. Hopefully there's some mutual play between the two of characters outside of just seeing each other naked (which I assume is going to happen).

Any chance on seeing any scenes with Eddie or Mikhial in the future? Because even though I assume you want a slow burn (not too slow I hope) between Zach & Braden, having some sex scenes in would be nice. Besides, I'm curious what Eddie's packing under that jumpsuit.

Also, you might want to change the font color on the Doctor's name during the physical. Was reading it and thought Zach spoke twice and asked himself if anything was alright. Might try changing it to a green or other color so it doesn't match the mc's color font

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Finally got to play this again thanks to the compressed version posted earlier. Like where this is going especially the strip poker coming (or should I say cumming?) in a future update. Hopefully there's some mutual play between the two of characters outside of just seeing each other naked (which I assume is going to happen).

Any chance on seeing any scenes with Eddie or Mikhial in the future? Because even though I assume you want a slow burn (not too slow I hope) between Zach & Braden, having some sex scenes in would be nice. Besides, I'm curious what Eddie's packing under that jumpsuit.

Also, you might want to change the font color on the Doctor's name during the physical. Was reading it and thought Zach spoke twice and asked himself if anything was alright. Might try changing it to a green or other color so it doesn't match the mc's color font
Thanks for the feedback. We'll have to see what the next update holds... no spoilers :(

For Eddie and Mikhail, long-term they could be alternative routes for story exploration. However, there may be more inclusion of them in the near future. After all, it's a swim team for crying out loud.

Thanks for the thoughts on the doc font color. I'll look into it over the next month or so. You're the first that's mentioned it but I'll def look into it. I may be doing some smaller things like this for the next update and take a break from some writing stress.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Love this game. Happy to see interesting gay content ! :)
Thanks and I agree on the gay content. Not a lot of it out there...especially in the 3D category. While DAZ3D is kindof a pain...I learned basic navigation within a week or so. It's not really that hard. You'd think more people would try and write stuff.

Reactions: juju5653

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Woooow i cant believe i completely forgot about this game... i clicked on the gay tag and was looking through and nearly kicked myself. The last time i played was 0.2... i have some catching up to do

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Woooow i cant believe i completely forgot about this game... i clicked on the gay tag and was looking through and nearly kicked myself. The last time i played was 0.2... i have some catching up to do
Ooooh wow,
Heh, there's been a TON of changes since then. If you happen to swing back by, I'm curious what your thoughts are now. It's been a long time since I got feedback from somebody who played the really early versions when I knew even less than I do now. Let me know what ya think :)

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes