VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

titi12

Oct 18, 2017
Got a lot of errors while running the game especially at pool and just before is it normal ?
Pls help I find this game nice but too many errors can take it too boring

Reactions: amaleigh

Rampulla

Apr 30, 2017
Got a lot of errors while running the game especially at pool and just before is it normal ?
Pls help I find this game nice but too many errors can take it too boring
Yea me too, I just hope Aaryn can fix this without making us start a new game.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Unfortunately, you have to start a new game. Old saves never work. Basically, start a new game and then choose chapter 3 at the beginning. You can warp to chapter 3. You won't have to start completely over at the very beginning. This should fix the bugs you're experiencing.

Nov 9, 2017
Any chance on getting a different download link? Mega won't let me dl files of 1gb (no I'm not becoming a member of theirs just to download)

AngreeWookie

Dec 30, 2017
I always think that updates are worth starting a new game. In this case, with Braden and the whole relationship growing, I think the ending is worth the playthrough.

The doctor's office is definitely fun and engaging. I didn't know what I should do, so multiple save states ahoy!

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Any chance on getting a different download link? Mega won't let me dl files of 1gb (no I'm not becoming a member of theirs just to download)
Are you doing incognito in Chrome? That has a limit. I don't have a paid account for Mega and never have a problem unless I'm incognito.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I always think that updates are worth starting a new game. In this case, with Braden and the whole relationship growing, I think the ending is worth the playthrough.

The doctor's office is definitely fun and engaging. I didn't know what I should do, so multiple save states ahoy!
Basically, you have to start a new game because of the coding. When you complete something in the story, I activate a code line that serves kinda as a checkpoint. In order to activate this it must first be declared at the start of the game. Therefore, in order for me to use of saves, I would have to anticipate every choice from the first version. I'm just writing the story as I go. While I have an outline, the story has taken turns I didnt anticipate so there was really no way for me to forecast all the code. That's why I added the chapter skips at the beginning. It's my attempt to offset my neophyte coding ability. That way you can technically start the new game to activate the code but not have to play through it all again each update.

BlankerPint

Sep 30, 2017
This is one of the best games on F95, love how the story slowly evolves, please keep up the great work. I can hardly wait til the next udate - thank you Aaryn :)

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@Aaryn
images folder size:
0.61 PNG+few jpgs 1 588 928 566 bytes
0.61 WebP lossless optimized: 1 014 361 747
So game is 0,5GB smaller w/o quality loss.
Tools used:
- fileoptimzier for jpgs
- this tool to convert PNG-->WebP (I disabled non-PNG optimization and changed bat file to use lossless compression ("- lossless -q 100 -m 6") instead of lossy ("-q 85").

Reactions: Aaryn and attonrand

ftsgr

May 8, 2017
I can't start the game.
At first try i get an error about SDL2.dll is missing. I found the file and copy it at windows.
Then i get an error about python27.dll is missing. I found the file and copy it at windows.
And now the game just dosn't start. The error this time is "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
Can someone help me?

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I can't start the game.
At first try i get an error about SDL2.dll is missing. I found the file and copy it at windows.
Then i get an error about python27.dll is missing. I found the file and copy it at windows.
And now the game just dosn't start. The error this time is "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
Can someone help me?
Hey ftsgr,
That totally sucks you can't play it...or it actually may be a blessing cause you may freaking hate it. Anyway, I have no idea what this error is off the top of my head. None of the files look familiar based on previous errors and no one else has reported concerns like this. I did have a friend who played it and had a few errors that popped up at the beginning but then he closed it and it worked fine. I never did figure out what the problem was or if it was the same error you're getting. If you want to shoot me a private message, I can try and troubleshoot with ya. I also welcome anyone else to chip in on ideas if they have seen the same error

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Aaryn
images folder size:
0.61 PNG+few jpgs 1 588 928 566 bytes
0.61 WebP lossless optimized: 1 014 361 747
So game is 0,5GB smaller w/o quality loss.
Tools used:
- fileoptimzier for jpgs
- this tool to convert PNG-->WebP (I disabled non-PNG optimization and changed bat file to use lossless compression ("- lossless -q 100 -m 6") instead of lossy ("-q 85").
Hey Cobra,
Thanks for the link. If I get a chance, I can try and check it out. It would be nice to have smaller file sizes. Some sites have caps on downloads and that just sucks for everyone. I'm not familiar with this process though so it may take me some time to figure it out. However, I'm really behind on the newest update because of school responsibilities so that's sorta where I'm really focused right now. I appreciate the link though. I'll check it out :) Thanks a lot.

Reactions: CobraPL

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Hey Cobra,
Thanks for the link. If I get a chance, I can try and check it out. It would be nice to have smaller file sizes. Some sites have caps on downloads and that just sucks for everyone. I'm not familiar with this process though so it may take me some time to figure it out. However, I'm really behind on the newest update because of school responsibilities so that's sorta where I'm really focused right now. I appreciate the link though. I'll check it out :) Thanks a lot.
if you need any help, feel free to contact me. I could pre-optimize files for current release, but still you could/should be able to do it yourself for new renders.

Reactions: bas
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes