VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
ChrizStorm is going to love this update lol
His reaction to the end of v0.12 was cool. While he takes a comedic route to my game, it was cool to see him unable to not have an emotional reaction. That meant a lot to me.

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah it's just a shame he's the only youtuber playing it. I know there are plenty who play adult vn's, there are several who played/are playing Camp Buddy, and he seems to be the only one playing this

Reactions: Aaryn

Procyon

Oct 31, 2018
You did it once again Aaryn! Loved this chapter as well, and the little bits here and there still gave me those uneasy butterflies to keep me on my toes. Also, fantastic job on the CG's! they are definitely looking much better in this update, much more natural and I appreciate it!

Sep 22, 2018
I like the UI changes, although I had to go back and check the change notes and make sure that yes it was different than the last patch.
I find it interesting that Braden now seems to be the one to push things in a more sexual direction, initiating the kiss and being the one to suggest jerking off together, whereas in the early chapters there was a fair bit of Zack trying to catch an eyeful of the free eye candy (fixing the heat so that Braden wears less, removing the privacy screen in the shower). It shows Zack's developing feelings for Braden, valuing the relationship with Braiden and his opinion over a hot fuck. It makes a nice change from the whole "depraved homo seduces innocent straight for his own pleasure" thing I often see in erotic media

Sadomasochist

Mar 22, 2018
Still had fun this time but I can say it's a downgrade from that explosive previous chapter. However, that was unavoidable and I'm happy with what I got. Hope to see this keep going well

Nov 9, 2017
Still had fun this time but I can say it's a downgrade from that explosive previous chapter. However, that was unavoidable and I'm happy with what I got. Hope to see this keep going well
I'd say this update was a lot more "explosive" ;)

Also @Aaryn , read the update on your patreon, congrats on the increase of help. Don't know if Blayke posts/reads here though if he does than welcome

Reactions: Nalassa

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
AHA! The game developerS!
I fortold the coming of "WE", the plural...

Btw, I had to spell check that word "coming"... Twice... Don't really know why.

I lost my train of thought.

AH yes, the new update is awesome, don't really expect anything less from you at this point. And, although I hated cliffhangers, I miss them now.

You have proven to be an amazing storyteller, not just of this game but also that post on Patreon was very interesting, and new addition to the team can only make the game better.
You seem very happy about him, which can only mean good things for both you and this game!

There's a plethora of questions I would ask you, like for example why didn't Braden sneak into Zacks bed for a kiss, or have you sent your selfie to Blayke, where are the cliffhangers etc etc... But, I hate spoilers, and don't want you to kill me for some odd reason. Hence, I will shut up now. xD

Cheers!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yeah it's just a shame he's the only youtuber playing it. I know there are plenty who play adult vn's, there are several who played/are playing Camp Buddy, and he seems to be the only one playing this
If you have other youtubers that you feel would enjoy it, feel free to recommend it. I don't mind at all. Honestly, that's how ChrizStorm found out about it. I didn't recommend it to him. One of my Patrons did

You did it once again Aaryn! Loved this chapter as well, and the little bits here and there still gave me those uneasy butterflies to keep me on my toes. Also, fantastic job on the CG's! they are definitely looking much better in this update, much more natural and I appreciate it!
Heh, I like hearing things like this. I sorta get butterflies when I write it sometimes and I sorta make myself hold on to that for as long as I can. Helps keep me in the moment.

I like the UI changes, although I had to go back and check the change notes and make sure that yes it was different than the last patch.
I find it interesting that Braden now seems to be the one to push things in a more sexual direction, initiating the kiss and being the one to suggest jerking off together, whereas in the early chapters there was a fair bit of Zack trying to catch an eyeful of the free eye candy (fixing the heat so that Braden wears less, removing the privacy screen in the shower). It shows Zack's developing feelings for Braden, valuing the relationship with Braiden and his opinion over a hot fuck. It makes a nice change from the whole "depraved homo seduces innocent straight for his own pleasure" thing I often see in erotic media
Yeah, things are sorta going that direction it seems. I kinda feel like Zack was pushing things before because he felt confident that his secrets were well hidden. Now he doesn't have that curtain to hide behind and you're really seeing how timid and nervous he gets. At the same time, he totally has a crush on Braden and really seems to be at that awkward stage where you can talk around anyone except the person you're really attracted to--then you stammar like an idiot.

I agree with you on the downgrade. If you ever end up doing the Patreon thing, you'll see my "december diva" post where I hit a legit funk and was losing my mind because v0.13 wasn't better than v012. I felt like all of my updates have been better than the previous one and I wasn't emotionally prepared to take a step backwards. Logically, things can't always progress forward and we really did need things to go up and down but as a newb at all this, I seriously wasn't ready for that and it knocked the wind out of my sails pretty hardcore. It was also one the of the launching points for having someone behind the scenes to pull me out of those funks early rather than let them fester. Lesson learned. However people seemed to like the update

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'd say this update was a lot more "explosive" ;)

Also @Aaryn , read the update on your patreon, congrats on the increase of help. Don't know if Blayke posts/reads here though if he does than welcome
AHA! The game developerS!
I fortold the coming of "WE", the plural...

Btw, I had to spell check that word "coming"... Twice... Don't really know why.

I lost my train of thought.

AH yes, the new update is awesome, don't really expect anything less from you at this point. And, although I hated cliffhangers, I miss them now.

You have proven to be an amazing storyteller, not just of this game but also that post on Patreon was very interesting, and new addition to the team can only make the game better.
You seem very happy about him, which can only mean good things for both you and this game!

There's a plethora of questions I would ask you, like for example why didn't Braden sneak into Zacks bed for a kiss, or have you sent your selfie to Blayke, where are the cliffhangers etc etc... But, I hate spoilers, and don't want you to kill me for some odd reason. Hence, I will shut up now. xD

Cheers!
I'm responding to these two messages together since they're both about the Patreon post. For those that don't follow the Patreon, I've added a person behind-the-scenes to my team. I'll do a link to the full post for anyone who's interested

Yeah, I'm seriously excited about this dude and @Fenric Andrias , I'll pass along your welcome to Blayke. I don't think he's on here. We're going to launch a Discord server, too. I"ll put a link on here when I get a chance for that, too. Blayke will be on there, though.

I do miss the cliffhangers, too. I've gone a few updates without one. They'll hopefully be making their return because they're fun to write. I was hoping someone else would miss them

In terms of the questions, you can ask whatever you want :) I haven't ever really jumped into Braden's head in the game, I try to stay in Zack's POV because that's how it's written, but your question was interesting and I found my own answer made me laugh. I guess Braden didn't get up because he was fucking worn out! lol. One of those bust and roll over, go to sleep, kinda moments :p But that's not canon--just off the top of my head.

And to answer the other question, yeah, Blayke is actually one of the few people that knows the real me :p

Reactions: Kronordil

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
Yeah, cuddling would've made a conundrum of epic proportions in Zacks head. Well both his heads actually :D

I'm really astonished how well it's all tied in, and how nice and fluid story is progressing. It feels natural and logical. I did a full run from the start, feels and looks fantastic. New UI is looking professional and sleek!

Well since you said I can aaaaaask aaaaaanything :D
What was Braden looking at on his phone in the bathroom? Don't answer if it's going to be revealed in the game! (Eye of the Tiger was playing in my head when Zack kicked that door)

And is there a difference between the 2 routes now? Coz I always do the respect route, what can I say, don't want Zack to feel bad xD

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hey all, just activated our Discord server for the game. It's free but eventually we'll have channels for Patreons to avoid spoilers and stuff in the general chat. Here's the link if you're interested, stop by and say hey. I'm going to also put a link on the OP

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
does anyone have a save from last update??
If you use an old save, the game will give you errors and you'll miss content. Please start a new game and choose the chapter select. It'll get you to the same spot with no errors

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes