4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Like, fair e-fucking-nough dude, but Jesus. That's the most you're gonna say after an almost 6th-month disappearance? There was literally no incentive to be a Patreon during that time.

My problem with Locjaw is that he thinks his product alone is going to be all is needed to keep people happy. You've got to actually check in with people, not just drift away for half a year and then go "Here's some animation I was doing, new update next month." Shit like this is why I stopped supporting him after his first disappearance.
I'm not going to be mad about this disappearance. I figure he's been real busy with life, and while a post every now and then saying "Hey, guys. I'm fine. Real life is busy and work is slow, but I am not dead" would have been so much nicer, I'm not mad over a lack of one and simply glad he's alive.

I do get why you are mad, though. I can't imagine paying a guy to support his work on a game only for him to vanish off the face of the Earth for several months is enjoyable.

And you are right, this game simply existing is not enough for me to want to support him since I know I'll just be throwing money at a wall and maybe, just maybe, and update will be tossed over.

I enjoy this game, but Locjaw is not high on my list of devs to support since I know I can go over to pretty much any other dev and I'll be getting proper communication and somewhat predictable updates.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I'm not going to be mad about this disappearance. I figure he's been real busy with life, and while a post every now and then saying "Hey, guys. I'm fine. Real life is busy and work is slow, but I am not dead" would have been so much nicer, I'm not mad over a lack of one and simply glad he's alive.

I do get why you are mad, though. I can't imagine paying a guy to support his work on a game only for him to vanish off the face of the Earth for several months is enjoyable.

And you are right, this game simply existing is not enough for me to want to support him since I know I'll just be throwing money at a wall and maybe, just maybe, and update will be tossed over.

I enjoy this game, but Locjaw is not high on my list of devs to support since I know I can go over to pretty much any other dev and I'll be getting proper communication and somewhat predictable updates.
Nobody could be mad at his return, but to me, I don't think something is clicking in his head where lack of communication for that long just doesn't fly.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Newswire Edit:

"Really sorry guys, the project is not dead, update with the new mechanics should drop in August, probably at the end of the month."
Considering the last couple times he gave a due date to his work was, I think, a couple weeks late; I'm gonna say September release at the earliest. Just a prediction here.

Like, fair e-fucking-nough dude, but Jesus. That's the most you're gonna say after an almost 6th-month disappearance?
After a 6 month disappearance, there better be a lot more content than the last time or I'm gonna rage. (Not really. I already raged about this exact topic the last couple times he/she did this. I'm used to it by now.)

There was literally no incentive to be a Patreon during that time.
Considering how little he/she cares about keeping his/her fans updated, he/she probably doesn't care about his/her Patreon. This could be more of a hobby to him/her than most other content creators.

My problem with Locjaw is that he thinks his product alone is going to be all is needed to keep people happy. You've got to actually check in with people, not just drift away for half a year and then go "Here's some animation I was doing, new update next month." Shit like this is why I stopped supporting him after his first disappearance.
TBH the quality of his/her game is enough to keep people coming back for more. We all hate that he/she abandons communication for such a stupidly long time, but when he/she drops a new patch, we keep eating that shit up anyways.

TL;DR
Your rage is very justified. I'm hoping for more content and communication from Locjaw, and expecting very little. And it's that low expectation that has curbed my past rage about this. The best you can do is grab the content if/when it's finally released, then forget about it all as much as he/she forgets about us. That, or, reprimand him on his Patreon during the limited amount of time he's/she's active per year.

Reactions: 2bornot2b

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I really have nothing to complain about here, considering he's not locking anything up for the moment with pay walls to at least get access to news. So, I guess that could lend some credence to the idea that this is just a hobby for him. But he's not getting my actual dollars for a long while until he's shown he's working more steadily on it, and I feel a lot of other people would agree.

Am excited about the newly refreshed update with the structure overhaul. Should be exciting.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Considering how little he/she cares about keeping his/her fans updated, he/she probably doesn't care about his/her Patreon. This could be more of a hobby to him/her than most other content creators.
I agree with you there. This game does very much seem like a hobby to him, since if he did care about the Patreon, we'd likely see significantly more communication than we do now.

But he's not getting my actual dollars for a long while until he's shown he's working more steadily on it, and I feel a lot of other people would agree.
Yeah. Currently, I certainly wouldn't give Locjaw any of my money, except maybe a one time thing whenever an update drops.

Nobody could be mad at his return, but to me, I don't think something is clicking in his head where lack of communication for that long just doesn't fly.
Yeah, even if this is nothing more than a passion project, I would have really appreciated the latest newswire, but a few months back just saying "Sorry, this is a passion project and I haven't been feeling like working for a while. I'm working on the game now, just don't expect anything in the immediate future."

Aug 18, 2019
yeah, its kind of shitty that he got people supportig him all this time and he didnt say a word about his dissappearance, but i cant say im not happy about his return. deadass thought the guy fucking died or something.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
There are a lot worse devs out there and sure it's frustrating that he disappears now and again but for all, we know he may have a hectic life schedule and can't get around to developing as much as he wants. Just glad that he's back and will get an update in the not so distant future, although I can't say that I approve of the Rey webm for obvious reasons :LOL:

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
deadass thought the guy fucking died or something.
Wouldn't be the first person, or first time, someone thought that. Before LocJaw started making 6 month long hiatuses a regular thing, his/her last update was about health problems. That was elaborated on after his first return. But with that, Covid, and life in general, we never know if this person dies in between breaks because, it's not just 6 month long breaks, it's 6 month communication gaps.

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Here is the Italian translation of "Strange nights" version "0.06".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Strange nights" versione "0.06".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
What's better, not saying anything for ages and then coming out with an update at some point or saying a bunch of things and never coming out with an update?

ICSTOR lmao

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Developer: LocJaw :illuminati:
That is what becomes regrettable.

If every developer thought twice before starting a game, none of this would have become a bad and vicious habit.

Look at how much game started and abandoned this website has.

There are merely huge amounts of games released almost every day here.

I feel sorry for those who invest in supporting these developers who just want to take advantage of some gain and then drop all supporters with mere lame excuses.

This is like trading a commodity in the dark without seeing the face of the seller and not knowing if the product is real. :WeSmart:

Reactions: elektronik909
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes