4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Month and a half has passed since he said "next week" in August 7th, is there any news?
No, he said "Expect the stuff sometime next week" in his post called "Newswire (August 7th)" but didn't deliver in time.
In August 29 he made another post titled "Sooon". From what I hear, it's just an image from the upcoming patch. No release date, no other info. Nothing. If I didn't enjoy everything else about this game, I'd stop caring entirely.

Reactions: Freezer14

NR83

Aug 1, 2019
Unfortunately I don't expect to ever see this game finished and it's a shame, because it has great potential. But the creator has lost the desire, or the illusion, or is afraid of being sued, and funding it in Patreon is a mistake and I encourage people to stop funding it. Really it's a shame. But that's what there is.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
He charges per creation so he doesn't owe anyone anything.
I don't think anyone here's saying anything's owed, we all have enough clarity to realize that this IS a pirate forum. But, even from a guy who was glad to see LJ was back from his 5-month hospital stay, it's fair to be critical where it's due. I don't think he has the best time management skills, and trust me when I say I know bad time management. Greater communication would be appreciated if he wants to build on his brand.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I don't think anyone here's saying anything's owed, we all have enough clarity to realize that this IS a pirate forum. But, even from a guy who was glad to see LJ was back from his 5-month hospital stay, it's fair to be critical where it's due. I don't think he has the best time management skills, and trust me when I say I know bad time management. Greater communication would be appreciated if he wants to build on his brand.
Maybe he sees it as a hobby rather then a career? My point is he can take as much time as he wants he can leave the game for months his patrons aren't losing anything by it.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
You mean besides the money there giving the guy for content they're expecting to get but aren't receiving. The literal reason they become patrons in the first place.
You didn't read the last pages,did you?Not to mention you didin't even check the patreon page.
He is getting money only when update is released.

Reactions: DrackDrap

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
You mean besides the money there giving the guy for content they're expecting to get but aren't receiving. The literal reason they become patrons in the first place.
He has his patreon set to PER CREATION they aren't giving him money for any content they aren't receiving. When he releases an update he gets paid otherwise he gets nada.

Of all the devs to criticize this one seems the most strange I get it you want content. So do I. But he isn't scamming anyone and his missed deadlines while disappointing unlike devs like Gumdrop or ICSTOR noone is out anything.

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
That cant be right i havent gotten any notifications that he's pausing pay periods. I still have the same monthly periodic pay periods that i have with other patreons
unless you were only a patreon for one month.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
You're not confusing them for another dev perhaps? but from what I'm reading that he only gets your money after he actually releases the update now if only more devs would be so kind to do that, I seen all this activity here and thought it was news of an update but sadly not.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Mainly from armion82 who claimed to be a patron. Turns out it was just plain bullshit. Just one suggestion from my side: please cancel your sub, you're paying a scammer lazy bum
What part was bullshit? The part about army being a patron or what they said about the deduction rate?

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes