VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Chp.1] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Joshy92 NebulousShooter Maviarab Elduriel

So you guys were here and did not even think to invite me,

Probably becuase it's had one release so far...far too long ago...in fact so long ago I'll be honest and say it could have been on the verge of dying...and I tend to forget it exists.

I know the devs have had some issues...but one release...it really needs something released soon before many people just stop caring.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
I hope I'm wrong, but it reminds me of "High Life", a very well-received first outing unanimously appreciated by those renderings (lighting, way of posing the scenes...) and after, a crazy expectation for second release that we never had because of a drama with the person who would write the story.

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
Probably becuase it's had one release so far...far too long ago...in fact so long ago I'll be honest and say it could have been on the verge of dying...and I tend to forget it exists.

I know the devs have had some issues...but one release...it really needs something released soon before many people just stop caring.
It really has been a long time...
Unfortunately, it's been too long.
I'm hoping this won't be like a lot other visual novels, that was really good.. that never came out with another chapter.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
It really has been a long time...
Unfortunately, it's been too long.
I'm hoping this won't be like a lot other visual novels, that was really good.. that never came out with another chapter.
Honestly, you can't expect quality AND lighting-speed quantity from an indie developer. This is not a huge studio. And even big names with several people on the project and 10 computers etc, do not spam content.

This is a game with 28 reviews, most of which are 5 stars! I doubt we would see more than one update per year.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
devlogcoso.png

Hi everyone! It’s been a while, and with good reason. These past few weeks we’ve been working hard on SoP and finally making some significant progress on the visual side (you can read the BTS article for more details).
We are now happy with the pace we’re working with and heading towards the final stages of development of Chapter 2, with details such as music, fixing bugs, and especially re-rendering some scenes with which I am not satisfied yet.
It's also taking us a bit longer because along with Chapter 2, we are preparing the release on , so there are many things that we still don't fully understand or need to clarify, such as copyright, achievements, pricing, among many other things.
We are aware that this chapter took longer than expected for many reasons, but mainly because although we would love to, the development of SOP is not our full-time job and we have not been able to put as much time into it as we’d wanted to.
Still, we appreciate all our patrons, who always support us, whether financially or by sharing the love they have for our game, thank you very much to each and every one of you.
Also, we love how much you guys engaged with the pictures last time, and the winner for our little question was definitely KnightOfArsford on Reddit with the word “Memories”.
Here’s a few more previews for y’all, so you can appreciate what Tony’s look like in the daylight.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
BeccaBTS (2)s.png

I made a behind-the-scenes post for patrons explaining how I light and work on a scene, and I decided to share one of the images I made of Becca with everyone. I hope you like it.

Have a great Sunday!

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes