Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
i kinda get the sentiment. Like, having to wait 3 weeks on my tier sucks donkey balls. That´s an extremely long wait and feels almost like a punishment :(

3-4 days between tiers? No problem with that. almost a month? Dunno if that´s worth the sub if it´s getting released on here before that.

bulbor

Aug 22, 2019
i kinda get the sentiment. Like, having to wait 3 weeks on my tier sucks donkey balls. That´s an extremely long wait and feels almost like a punishment :(

3-4 days between tiers? No problem with that. almost a month? Dunno if that´s worth the sub if it´s getting released on here before that.
Indeed. The game(s) are great but the tiers are unreasonable. Which is a shame, more generous tiers = more subscribers. I recommend the Dev to go look at for example Summertime Sagas tier system

Zbd498

Oct 24, 2023
I have to agree with the others saying the tier prices are much too high. I’m someone who’s gone to bat for this game many times on Reddit, especially when it was in danger of being cancelled, and I’d put it in my top 5 AVNs.

However, $35+ for access to a release that will take at MOST 3-4 hours to play through is not reasonable. That amount would buy you several indie games on Steam or a AAA game on sale. I like this medium and I’m happy to support creators but let’s be honest, you’re competing with a ton of other entertainment and a lot of it is free. And by the time the price gets down to the $5-10 tier that feels more fair, I may as well wait a week for it to become free.

As a contrast, Cosy Cafe, another of my top 5, is one where I will always pay for day 1 access because the price is very fair ($5) and I want to support the dev rather than downloading from here. I’m sure many other fans would do the same.

Ultimately the game will end up free to the public so it’s not a massive deal if the early access prices are exorbitant. Maybe the dev gets enough money from rich impatient folks paying 50 bucks that it makes up for the many lower spenders he’s turning away. I just wanted to share why I, as someone who would theoretically be OK spending money on this release, simply cannot justify it at the current tier price scheme.

Core_guy

Nov 28, 2022
I have to agree with the others saying the tier prices are much too high. I’m someone who’s gone to bat for this game many times on Reddit, especially when it was in danger of being cancelled, and I’d put it in my top 5 AVNs.

However, $35+ for access to a release that will take at MOST 3-4 hours to play through is not reasonable. That amount would buy you several indie games on Steam or a AAA game on sale. I like this medium and I’m happy to support creators but let’s be honest, you’re competing with a ton of other entertainment and a lot of it is free. And by the time the price gets down to the $5-10 tier that feels more fair, I may as well wait a week for it to become free.

As a contrast, Cosy Cafe, another of my top 5, is one where I will always pay for day 1 access because the price is very fair ($5) and I want to support the dev rather than downloading from here. I’m sure many other fans would do the same.

Ultimately the game will end up free to the public so it’s not a massive deal if the early access prices are exorbitant. Maybe the dev gets enough money from rich impatient folks paying 50 bucks that it makes up for the many lower spenders he’s turning away. I just wanted to share why I, as someone who would theoretically be OK spending money on this release, simply cannot justify it at the current tier price scheme.
Maybe he should add exclusive scenes to top tiers? Those scenes only could be seen by no paying users when the mage is finished. IDK.

Damn1t

Mar 5, 2022
Maybe he should add exclusive scenes to top tiers? Those scenes only could be seen by no paying users when the mage is finished. IDK.
Imo adding more scenes etc for top tiers doesn't work its just more work for the dev to try to add value to something people are paying for right now hoping a few outliers will pay the extra that either can't afford it or won't give that much.
It's just more work for flynn in the chance it might net more people which is a pretty low success rate imo espically if the rewards for that tier go public and are not exclusive to it.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Ultimately the game will end up free to the public so it’s not a massive deal if the early access prices are exorbitant. Maybe the dev gets enough money from rich impatient folks paying 50 bucks that it makes up for the many lower spenders he’s turning away.
imo this is the way to go. Either a leaker is paying huge money, or whales are. Everyone gets all the content eventually within a relatively reasonable amount of time. Sure, I could make quips about ideal timelines (I think 2 weeks from early high tier release to public release are ideal, but that's just imo), but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
imo this is the way to go. Either a leaker is paying huge money, or whales are. Everyone gets all the content eventually within a relatively reasonable amount of time. Sure, I could make quips about ideal timelines (I think 2 weeks from early high tier release to public release are ideal, but that's just imo), but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

We are in something really funny in AVN industry, at least in occident. People want good quality matertial, with fast release pace, but only few want to pay. And this bring us to many good AVN being abandonned. No editor mean no job for the dev (creators), only way is to use means like patreon with highly priced tier to hope to get a descent amount of money, and due to Patreon content rules, creator need sometime to adapt the game. And so far it's what work best for the devs.

At the end of the day, if you pay or not, if the game release every 3 months the waiting time is the same. Only difference is that you can play it before others. And Flynn974 need the cash to keep developing his game, or it might end as an unfinished game.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
People want good quality matertial
True

with fast release pace
false, people want steady release, not a flip-flop between 1 month to a year or two from the same dev

but only few want to pay
Conjecture, and a false one, considering how many people are funding these patreon milking machines, some with over 10k usd monthly.

The WEG industry was killed in its infancy by patreon, and it will never recover, because the monthly drip for little or no work does not give any incentive for devs to bother. There are less finished WEGs in a decade than the japs do in a year.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 136 Votes