White Belt - March 11, 2024 at 13:00

Public - March 17, 2024 at 13:00

Get it here ->

1708145465170.png

Changelog for chapter 12:
  • 1115 New renders
  • 71 New animations
  • 50-ish New sound tracks
  • Sound effects and Music are now added to all the chapters in season 1, so I'd recommend you start a new game even more so if it's been a while since you last played the game.
  • New main menu animation.

• I'm currently adding sound to chapter 12 and polishing the script btw.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
Update release date for chapter 12:

God - Now!

Keres - Now!

Black Belt - February 23, 2024 at 13:00

Brown Belt - February 28, 2024 at 13:00

Blue Belt - February 28, 2024 at 13:00

Red Belt - March 5, 2024 at 13:00

Purple Belt - March 5, 2024 at 13:00

White Belt - March 11, 2024 at 13:00

Public - March 17, 2024 at 13:00

Get it here ->

View attachment 3361305

Changelog for chapter 12:
  • 1115 New renders
  • 71 New animations
  • 50-ish New sound tracks
  • Sound effects and Music are now added to all the chapters in season 1, so I'd recommend you start a new game even more so if it's been a while since you last played the game.
  • New main menu animation.

• I'm currently adding sound to chapter 12 and polishing the script btw.
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex

• Haha
Reactions: HanBoston

friedkeenan

Sep 6, 2018
Bruh germany is expensive af :(
I'm asking this sincerely because I'm genuinely interested in an answer. How much overlap do you think there is between this site and patreon? Because my impression has basically always been that there's really not much overlap at all, and what overlap does exist is mostly from here to patreon, and not from patreon to here. That patrons mostly tend to just not know about this site and that even when they do, it doesn't impact their willingness to give money much at all. It is also my understanding that part of the model of release tiers is that people who aren't continuous patrons will become a patron when the release rolls around, and then probably stop being a patron after that. Is it your impression that leaks on this site impact that dynamic?

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I'm asking this sincerely because I'm genuinely interested in an answer. How much overlap do you think there is between this site and patreon? Because my impression has basically always been that there's really not much overlap at all, and what overlap does exist is mostly from here to patreon, and not from patreon to here. That patrons mostly tend to just not know about this site and that even when they do, it doesn't impact their willingness to give money much at all. It is also my understanding that part of the model of release tiers is that people who aren't continuous patrons will become a patron when the release rolls around, and then probably stop being a patron after that. Is it your impression that leaks on this site impact that dynamic?
There are loads of people on this site who are patreon supporters of games. I think plenty of patrons are aware of this site lol, where do you think the leaks flow from... and a lot of their willingness to leak is related to their "loyalty" which is definitely impacted by how much of a money grab the game is perceived as. And I am just saying, have soooo many tiers kind of screams money grab.

And Flynn I hear you but at the same time, it isn't your customers' responsibility to finance your choice of living circumstances. Would patrons automatically pay more for a dev who lives in say Dubai or France, versus one who lives in some place like South America with a lower cost of living, for the same exact game? I don't think so. They care about the game quality, regularity of updates, the value of the content in the patreon posts, some care about votes and opportunities to 'influence' the game, etc. Your living expenses not so much. Just my $0.02 so take it for what it's worth.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
There are loads of people on this site who are patreon supporters of games. I think plenty of patrons are aware of this site lol, where do you think the leaks flow from... and a lot of their willingness to leak is related to their "loyalty" which is definitely impacted by how much of a money grab the game is perceived as. And I am just saying, have soooo many tiers kind of screams money grab.

And Flynn I hear you but at the same time, it isn't your customers' responsibility to finance your choice of living circumstances. Would patrons automatically pay more for a dev who lives in say Dubai or France, versus one who lives in some place like South America with a lower cost of living, for the same exact game? I don't think so. They care about the game quality, regularity of updates, the value of the content in the patreon posts, some care about votes and opportunities to 'influence' the game, etc. Your living expenses not so much. Just my $0.02 so take it for what it's worth.
Bro I understand your point of view but having many different tiers of patreon just allows the supporters to adjust the amount of money they are willing/are able to pay.
If they are starting to feel unjustified they will probably start complaining themselves or will just unsub and go their ways.
But looking at Flynns rising quality of work and also his frequency of releases i can imagine that the ppl are willing to support the dev different kind of amounts and thats what those tiers are for.
I mean the dev could also just reduce the amount of tiers but keep the same release schedule.
Like this: (dont remember the ranks, its just an example)
God Tier: Release Now
Keras Tier: Release 1 Week
Red Belt: Release 2 Weeks
Blue Belt: Release 3 Weeks
White Release 4 Weeks
Or
God Tier: Release Now
Red Belt: Release 2 Weeks
White Belt: 4 Weeks

And we couldnt say anything about that because thats the devs decision. Paying supporters will and also should get more benefits, EVEN IF there are piracy sites and leaks.
Btw 4 weeks for public is the norm for higher quality AVNs
I think having more kinds of different tiers that allows the supporters to adjust the amount of money they can give, is better than having less. It just looks like a way of moneygrab because there are more options but they arent actually IMO

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
It just looks like a way of moneygrab because there are more options but they arent actually IMO
It generates more money, but it is not a moneygrab.

Easy example: There are 3 Tiers, 5 Bucks, 20 Bucks and 50 Bucks. Now someone who wants to pay 10 Bucks per month will chose the 5 Bucks option. Everything else is too expensive.

But if you add a 10 Bucks-Tier, this person will pay it, giving more money to the Dev.

So it does indeed generate more money. But this is not a bad thing. In the end, every person needs to decide on their own what they want to pay (or not pay). The Dev can also have 100 Tiers with 1 Buck difference each, does not really matter that the person paying the money is the one who decides.

growmock

Nov 5, 2018
Maybe its just me, but I think focusing on remakes of the first 2 or 3 chapters would bring a lot more supporters. The first parts of games are so important. But the decision to only focus on new chapters is remarkable.

Reactions: RandyPhoenix
Sep 16, 2023
Maybe its just me, but I think focusing on remakes of the first 2 or 3 chapters would bring a lot more supporters. The first parts of games are so important. But the decision to only focus on new chapters is remarkable.
I think only chapter one is on the rougher side. It does get absurdly better starting from chapter 5 or 6, but it's not like the quality was bad before that. I think it was also stated that this update would add sound to everything prior to chapter 7. A remake would certainly be appreciated if it brought the early chapters up to the quality we enjoy later on, but since it isn't really bad to begin with, I think the dev's time is better spent working on new content.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
yea for this update the earlier chapters will get sounds etc so its recommended to start anew after ch12 release imo

Reactions: MagnusTempestus6

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Well, yeah. The whole system is confusing to me too trust me. It was however, highly recommended to me by several fellow devs. And as far as I understand it (from asking fellow devs), the tier based release boosted their income significantly, and yes many cancel right after they grab the update but many also don't espicially for the middle to high tiers which increases income significantly. But basically the high af tiers are (mostly as a few actually stay at the same tire for a few months after the release) just an initial boost, which I for one need cuz I have been eating a whole in my small savings ever since I came to germany as my patreon income was not enough to cover my expenses and since I didn't want to give on the project yet and get a job next to being a student, which will probably mean an update of SI once every 9 months if at all...

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Well of course, you're right. I did add sound effect and music to the earlier chapters, a full remake in my opinion is just gonna drastically cripple the progress of the upcoming chapters...

4.70 star(s) 133 Votes