JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
There are actually technically two with the MC and one with between two women, whom the MC can spy on (only if you didn't turn BDSM stuff off).
But all three are avoidable.
Personally, I watched all the scenes and I don't consider any of them to be femdom at all:ROFLMAO:. I only remembered one because it was a huge deal for some players:p. But yeah, there is always mismatch between tags definition (according to this site) and what players' definition (especially when you consider the pro- vs anti-).

Reactions: ItzSpc and Flynn974

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I'll be controversial here and say that if the dev let users' opinions influence that much on the content of this VN, he should open a patreon already. Because he's wasting one of the few upsides of making this game for free, that is having absolute control over it.
Flynn974 still has absolute control over it, that's why she (femdom female NPC) survived because she is a LI after all. The lore is pretty much will not change by any players influence because he has creative control over it.

However, for secondary contents (for example sex scenes, lewd, kinks, fetishes) can be influenced by the players who were giving their honest opinions respectfully. At least, that is what I think because the lewds, kinks don't really alter the story/lore, they are more like bonus contents IMO.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I'll be controversial here and say that if the dev let users' opinions influence that much on the content of this VN, he should open a patreon already. Because he's wasting one of the few upsides of making this game for free, that is having absolute control over it.
I don't really let users dictate how my game goes. But I make sure all potentially unwanted content is avoidable, because this is what I like to see in games I play myself.
Femdom will always be a part of the game (but it'll be light and avoidable), because I personally like it that way and think that some scenarios make sense with it.
Also, I probably will make a petreon at some point in the future. But the second I do, it's a new business basically. I'm currently writing a thesis for my master's and doing another side job. So, I've got enough things to keep track of and manage as it is.
I'm making the game as a hobby to fill my free time. I don't want to be pressured with releasing it within certain deadlines to avoid loosing or angering my supporters and I don't want to have to worry about fairly distributing content for different tiers and what not. At least not yet.
Once I'm done with my master's (probably later this year), I'll consider opening a Patreon account.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Only 1 minor scene which is avoidable (preventable) and femdom is not main theme of the game. My speculation is that the (femdom) female NPC will not get another chance at it since she was not liked (at all) by many vocal players:D. It is a miracle she even survived from being killed off the game in the first place:ROFLMAO:.
Are you serious ? That was the succubus right ?. So that scene offended people cause its femdom ? That was light as fuck. A prisoner getting a hand job. Christ. Thats all the uproar is about o_O Sure she was in a dominate position, but she wasnt toying around with him, humiliating him etc etc.

Was hoping the succubus would come back into the story. <.<
I liked the succubus. But then again Monster girls are my thing /shrugs. But seriously, that was light as when it comes to femdom.

tbh, I was almost annoyed I might of missed it.

Last edited:

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Are you serious ? That was the succubus right ?. So that scene offended people cause its femdom ? That was light as fuck. A prisoner getting a hand job. Christ. Thats all the uproar is about o_O Sure she was in a dominate position, but she wasnt toying around with him, humiliating him etc etc.

I liked the succubus. But then again Monster girls are my thing /shrugs. But seriously, that was light as when it comes to femdom. Femdom to me tho, is either an alpha girl taking her prey, or toying/humiliation. I rather the former (what monster girls are best at).
I think no one is more surprised other than Flynn974 about it. It is just that people have different views on things and react differently too. Those who understands, appreciate it and those who dislikes, avoid it. The best thing is that the scene was avoidable and femdom tags is set from the beginning, so it didn't escalate. It's a win-win situation IMO.

And yes, Nyxie is a LI and will be back (but not anytime soon). Personally, I like all the LIs, mainly because they are all distinct from one another, and it is hard to pick a favorite for now.

Reactions: rKnight and Nobles

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

I liked the succubus. But then again Monster girls are my thing /shrugs. But seriously, that was light as when it comes to femdom.

tbh, I was almost annoyed I might of missed it.
I think no one is more surprised other than Flynn974 about it. It is just that people have different views on things and react differently too. Those who understands, appreciate it and those who dislikes, avoid it. The best thing is that the scene was avoidable and femdom tags is set from the beginning, so it didn't escalate. It's a win-win situation IMO.
I didn't like the scene, and in fact I loaded a previous game to not have that scene in my saved game. Also, and it may be somewhat irrational since it's because of something that didn't happen in my save game, my intention is to ignore Nixie and not give her any points of any kind and completely avoid all her scenes becouse of this scene.

And yes, Nyxie is a LI and will be back (but not anytime soon). Personally, I like all the LIs, mainly because they are all distinct from one another, and it is hard to pick a favorite for now.
I don't like Nixie. And this despite the fact that the MC still doesn't know her. Of the rest of the LIs, I'm not passionate about Irina either. I guess I'll give her points based on how I feel at the time and avoid all of her sex scenes.

Reactions: EJW and wiseold6996

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I didn't like the scene, and in fact I loaded a previous game to not have that scene in my saved game. Also, and it may be somewhat irrational since it's because of something that didn't happen in my save game, my intention is to ignore Nixie and not give her any points of any kind and completely avoid all her scenes becouse of this scene.

I don't like Nixie. And this despite the fact that the MC still doesn't know her. Of the rest of the LIs, I'm not passionate about Irina either. I guess I'll give her points based on how I feel at the time and avoid all of her sex scenes.
Yeah, everyone has their preferences, likes, dislikes and it is great that Stray Incubus caters for that to the best of Flynn974 abilities.

Nyxie will be back I think because she is relevant to the plot when the time comes, so player who likes her can further the relationship, those who dislikes her will be given the option to avoid that.

Misty is the only LI so far, where player can stop interactions/relationship with her after Chapter 6.

As for the other LIs, my speculation is that the players will allso be given choice similar to Nyxie (i.e. pursue as LI or not). If player choose not to pursue the LI, she will still be in the game (under the right condition where the plot requires her) but 'romance' options will not be there.

At least, that's how I see it based on the information I have so far. Cheers.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, everyone has their preferences, likes, dislikes and it is great that Stray Incubus caters for that to the best of Flynn974 abilities.

Nyxie will be back I think because she is relevant to the plot when the time comes, so player who likes her can further the relationship, those who dislikes her will be given the option to avoid that.

Misty is the only LI so far, where player can stop interactions/relationship with her after Chapter 6.

As for the other LIs, my speculation is that the players will allso be given choice similar to Nyxie (i.e. pursue as LI or not). If player choose not to pursue the LI, she will still be in the game (under the right condition where the plot requires her) but 'romance' options will not be there.

At least, that's how I see it based on the information I have so far. Cheers.
I really don't think romantically ignoring a LI takes her out of the game. She will continue to play her role, but without being part of the MC's harem. I actually prefer to avoid Irina and Nixie being part of the harem (the reason is Nixie's scene in the prison, and yes, in the game I'm playing it hasn't happened, but after watching it I've lost my interest in both), with Irina my intention is to improve the MC's relationship with her but without achieving either sex or a romantic relationship. Regarding Nixie, my intention is for the MC to have the worst possible relationship with her.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
What exactly is the setting/technological level of the world? It's throwing me off a bit that the game went from seemingly medieval fantasy-ish to fully modern clothing and buildings. I'd almost think they were from a different VN if I wasn't playing it. Maybe I'm looking too much into it?

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
What exactly is the setting/technological level of the world? It's throwing me off a bit that the game went from seemingly medieval fantasy-ish to fully modern clothing and buildings. I'd almost think they were from a different VN if I wasn't playing it. Maybe I'm looking too much into it?
So... Let's just call it an ambiguous era in an alternative world. The ninja village doesn't have electricity and neither do most smaller villages, whereas larger towns and cities do. But no 20th century modern technology like phones, computers, or cars.
So, let's say the time period is equivalent to the 18th century or so...

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the game by the time I got to end of content. Best girl? Easily Misty for me. I'm a sucker for monster girls that have a bit more monster to them. It's rare you see a model that unique in an AVN, great stuff.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Really enjoyed the game by the time I got to end of content. Best girl? Easily Misty for me. I'm a sucker for monster girls that have a bit more monster to them. It's rare you see a model that unique in an AVN, great stuff.
Thank you! :)

Reactions: MidnightKing

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Heeey!
So... Last week has been mostly writing-intensive, but I've finished a good amount of renders and a few animations too. My short experience has tought me that it's a good idea for the writing to be as far ahead of the rendering as possible.
And even though the writing isn't even finished, it's already bigger than chapter 6...
I've finished about 350 renders, and I'm getting a vibe that this chapter is easily going to be over 1000.
So, this is probably gonna be a big one. Too early to say for sure, though.
Since I'm adding music and sound effects (I hope it'll be an improvement.), there's now a new bar "Sound" with it's own weight in the overall completion percentage.
This is why the overall percentage is taking longer to increase...
Also, since I have zero experience with how long it could take to add the music and sound effects, its weight in the overall progress bar is a very very very rough estimate...
HS2_2023-02-01-08-23-19-350.png
Lastly, I'm throwing in some peeks!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Heeey!
So... Last week has been mostly writing-intensive, but I've finished a good amount of renders and a few animations too. My short experience has tought me that it's a good idea for the writing to be as far ahead of the rendering as possible.
And even though the writing isn't even finished, it's already bigger than chapter 6...
I've finished about 350 renders, and I'm getting a vibe that this chapter is easily going to be over 1000.
So, this is probably gonna be a big one. Too early to say for sure, though.
Since I'm adding music and sound effects (I hope it'll be an improvement.), there's now a new bar "Sound" with it's own weight in the overall completion percentage.
This is why the overall percentage is taking longer to increase...
Also, since I have zero experience with how long it could take to add the music and sound effects, its weight in the overall progress bar is a very very very rough estimate...
View attachment 2356526
Lastly, I'm throwing in some peeks!
You probably have to 'remove' or strikeout the Testing weight from the Progress Report going forward because it never did get nowhere:ROFLMAO:. The only test is your own playtesting while developing the game and it has been excellent so far(y).

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
You probably have to 'remove' or strikeout the Testing weight from the Progress Report going forward because it never did get nowhere:ROFLMAO:. The only test is your own playtesting while developing the game and it has been excellent so far(y).

Nah... Trust me, there's a lot more testing needed now because of the sound thing. If anything, both the testing and the coding are going to take longer now. I just haven't figured out how to account for that in the overall percentage, so it's all jammed into the 'Sound' weight.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Nah... Trust me, there's a lot more testing needed now because of the sound thing. If anything, both the testing and the coding are going to take longer now. I just haven't figured out how to account for that in the overall percentage, so it's all jammed into the 'Sound' weight.
True to that. The player/public Testing never gets tractions but the self/own tests will be more compared to before.

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
Great update, really! It's just that...I hope Torr and Candy will get chance to grow as ninja. I feel kinda sorry for them :/

• Red Heart

etool

Jun 14, 2021
I was going to pass on this when I first saw it, but downloaded it out of boredom ....

I am SO Happy I did!!!

interesting story, kept me involved for the whole time

LI's are great, so glad you used smaller chested models and not just giant chested ones

hard to pick my favorites, lean toward the smaller chested ones (personal opinion)

and the last addition of Misty is great (never thought a spider girl could be so cute)

Looking forward to more

Good luck

4.70 star(s) 129 Votes