3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
I choose to train "Endurance" and after the training I don't know the value of "Endurance" lookin at the NPC detail
That's odd. In my experience, once you learn a character's endurance (or other attributes/skills) it shows every time under the 'Abilities & Skills' section. You can check it before and after training and see how it changed.

I do wish I could train endurance for other jobs though. Endurance seems to affect all employees (low endurance -> low energy -> being too tired to work).

Training is too overpowered as it is and allowing you to train people before putting them on the job would be too big of a cheat.
Training is powerful but once you have more than a few employees, the time requirement limits it pretty strongly.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Training is powerful but once you have more than a few employees, the time requirement limits it pretty strongly.
Add to this that when you want to change the training of a NPC you spend one complete turn to stop the training and you must wait the next time you can catch her at work to install the new training...

In the same idea there is also the problem (at least for me) to catch one of the 3 managers to interact withe them at work when you have upgraded your club and have a lot of rooms, as they can be in any room. Being able to directly move to the location of any of them at work would be a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TotalFluke

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
That's odd. In my experience, once you learn a character's endurance (or other attributes/skills) it shows every time under the 'Abilities & Skills' section. You can check it before and after training and see how it changed.
I was not clear wanted to say "after the launch of the training", see images. I did not verify the day after when the training is done but anyway in a 3 steps sequence we have not shown/shown/not shown which is hard to understand...

Step 1.png Step 2.png Step 3.png

edit: in this example I trained Strength

Last edited:

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
So the current city rules in my game allow performers to wear just underwear, I have influenced my performers to like wearing revealing clothing, and I have seen them wearing just underwear when they are resting in the break room. So why aren't they performing like that? I have seen performers at other clubs in underwear and I have at least one employee who wears clothing considered indecent while on the job. They just seem to dress in evening gowns on stage.

One more question the council seems to be perpetually deadlocked on what bill to consider next, I've tried talking to commissioners about bills to support next and advocating for one that I would rather they push for, but I'm not having a lot of success. I have a manager trying to sway them, but I'm not sure how much that will affect things. Is there anything else I can do about this other than replacing a commissioner in the next election?

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I don't understand. I see Endurance -28 in all three screenshots.
In this example I trained Strength :)

Anyway whatever the attribute concerned it's weird to see the value of the attribute in the dialog if you don't really know it, it is the same probleme as in the NPCs list where you see all values for a NPC even if you don't see them in the detail.

It is like sometimes the base value is used and sometimes the access is encapsuled in a function.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I agree that the more the NPCs are detailled and the more the game is good but there are 2 problems.

1/ As the dev of a game with a similar system for show NPCs I can be sure you will be very limited on the images. Imagine for example the number of pictures you would need to represent all sex positions and it's the same for all details on any NPC, seriously having an idea of the models available for Automatic1111 or ComfyUI I consider your work is very great for the clothes representations :)
The more there will be details and the more the game will go ti be a textual visual sim date, as many and as I'm not an english native it's not my cup of tea to concentrate too much on text.
That's a valid point, but that's already unworkable without even taking into account the hair/eye color. Creating a separate image for each possible sex position for each girl would just take too long and use up too much disk space. The solution would be a LabRats "paper dolls" system where the girls fit into specific shapes and you overlay clothes on top of it. But that has it's limitations and with as big a character pool here, it would lead to too many girls that would just have the same body.

2/ A lot of the datas we speak of are not available or are hard to decrypt for a non english native too.
- How can I know if "don't like brown eyes" have an impact if I don't know what is the color of my own eyes?
- "Ht:6-6 Wt:309 Fat 51 Fit 100 Hips 42 Penis 100" is for sure easyly understandable for anyone who know well the measurement system used but as it's not mine I sink :p . For me " Tall / Fat / Curvy / Fit / Large Hips / Huge penis / Short white hair" would be far more understandable...

But it will perhaps be better when in game documentation will be more advanced, so will see.
Info about hair/eye color will appear in the next version. I do apologize for the US units for height and weight. I can probably add a configuration setting to allow changing that to m/kg fairly easily. The other ones are just scales 0-100 range. They aren't units, so Fat 51 means average and Fit 100 means you are a body builder champ.

I did not speak of unrealistic things but thinks that seems to me non-coherent between them, for example beeing able to discuss in depth with a commisionner but not with any other NPC, and the fact that player is not a manager but a rookie waiting to godly events from the sky to get informations...
That option is there for commissioners to make it somewhat easier to see what they care about. People don't want to have to seduce the commissioners in order to learn stuff about them. Think in terms of commissioners being politicians and have established positions. So just like you can ask them how they feel about a potential law, you can also find out from them easily what their traits are. (I'm not sure if this is in the released version or maybe is part of the next one, but you should only learn important stuff from commissioners via that interaction, not their fingering skill).

Advancing in a game only prying the rng god and grinding can be called a "challenge", why not, in my definition of a challence there is some part of strategy but I can be false.

"During a successful training session you can learn the true skill."

Definitly no in the version I play and I consider these bold texts as bugs.
- I don't know the value of "Strength" and "Endurance" when I look at the NPC detail of a janitor
- I propose a training and I see the values for "Strength" and "Endurance" in the dialog
- I choose to train "Endurance" and after the training I don't know the value of "Endurance" lookin at the NPC detail

But to be positive you do some good job compared to most games here and the game in fun and interesting, even if sometime frustratting :)

Continue the good job.

Note : having a girls shooting "Oh yes I like to be fingered"during sex is not surprising but having one shooting "Oh yes I like Business Management" can be disturbing and personnaly I'm not sure it would not make my dick going flat... :ROFLMAO:
It's not guranteed that you will learn the skill on any session, but there is a chance that you will. Pray to the RNG gods to get it on the first try. If you don't get it then, maybe the 2nd or 3rd try you will.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021

I do wish I could train endurance for other jobs though. Endurance seems to affect all employees (low endurance -> low energy -> being too tired to work).

For improving the strength or endurance of others, you are better off gifting them a gym membership and making them like to work out. For janitors and waiters you can do the training which is faster and more reliable but also has the much important benefits of improving their skills.

So the current city rules in my game allow performers to wear just underwear, I have influenced my performers to like wearing revealing clothing, and I have seen them wearing just underwear when they are resting in the break room. So why aren't they performing like that? I have seen performers at other clubs in underwear and I have at least one employee who wears clothing considered indecent while on the job. They just seem to dress in evening gowns on stage.

One more question the council seems to be perpetually deadlocked on what bill to consider next, I've tried talking to commissioners about bills to support next and advocating for one that I would rather they push for, but I'm not having a lot of success. I have a manager trying to sway them, but I'm not sure how much that will affect things. Is there anything else I can do about this other than replacing a commissioner in the next election?
In general performers will wear their sexy clothing, very rarely will they wear their underwear when they are on stage. Now, some girls have nice lingerie that qualifies as one of their sexy clothing items, so that may be what you are seeing in other clubs. Also, if a girl's sexy clothing is too revealing, then they may wear their underwear. Essentially the law allows wearing clothing that's considered as revealing as underwear (level 3).

As for the deadlocked situation, your best bet is to pick one commissioner, the one that likes you the most or has the least will and try to sway him to change to something, anything to break the deadlock. Just keep spamming him to vote for/against something. It may be easier to change him to vote against the one he's voting for. The last version should also make it less likely for a commissioner to abstain in back to back votes, but doesn't appear to be working as it should so making a further change for the next version.

Dev, could you add a cheat that "refreshes" the pool of characters that show up in the city? I hate starting a game and only meeting uggos in town.
Because of the way attraction is calculated I can't replace an image of someone after it's been assigned as other peoples opinions and attractions would then be wrong. So would need to replay the game to create a new set of relationships and what not. It'd be very time consuming to do so.

(Note that early on, 17 of the characters are either owners, siblings of the owners or commissioners and those tend to be older/ugglier/more male than the average, so that creates that perception).

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Note that if you want these to show up in your game you need to update the image_modules entry in the user_config.dat file. If you don't have the entry, add this line:

image_modules string scw,nyb

If you have the entry, add

,nyb

to the end of the line (with no spaces after the previous value)
can you tell me it in step to step how i do it pls? i think im to dump to understand ^^

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Info about hair/eye color will appear in the next version. I do apologize for the US units for height and weight. I can probably add a configuration setting to allow changing that to m/kg fairly easily. The other ones are just scales 0-100 range. They aren't units, so Fat 51 means average and Fit 100 means you are a body builder champ.
The US units is only one part of the problem. The other part is to understand the corresponding of values and texts in the opinions.

For example the hair length. Ok, 0 correspond to "bald" but the other values? Is 36 corresponding to "short hair"? "Medium hair"?... Same for penis size or height.

I've seen there are some values managed in "likes.txt" but it would be far better for the player to have the same representations in the opinions and in the NPC detail.

If you see that someone it's far easier to manage a NPC indicated as "Tall" than one with Height=6-6 or Height=1.90,

Quality of gameplay suggestions :
- Please stop showing the arousal change (and more generally all grey text) in the log window, it makes it unreadable.
- In the list of NPCs present in the current room could you show their job next to their name? In some rooms like seating areas where you can have workers, performers and customers it's boring to click on each to see who they really are.

I got a lot of suggestions and advices in my notes during playing but your 2 assertions "training is cheating" and "challenge is grinding and randomness" made me understand that we have different views of what is a game and I won't make you lost more time with that, I will limit my returns to bugs and IA lacks.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
can you tell me it in step to step how i do it pls? i think im to dump to understand ^^
In config date there is a line :

image_modules string scw

replace it with :

Put the folder named "nyb1" from the .sip in the folder named "characters" and start a new game.

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
In config date there is a line :

image_modules string scw

replace it with :

Put the folder named "nyb1" from the .sip in the folder named "characters" and start a new game.
i have to start a new game for that to work?

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
i have to start a new game for that to work?
If you have a game running you have to exit and restart, because it loads all the image sets at startup. But you should be able to load a previous game and have the new images available for any new characters you meet.

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
If you have a game running you have to exit and restart, because it loads all the image sets at startup. But you should be able to load a previous game and have the new images available for any new characters you meet.
ah ok thx, then it is random when they show up in my game

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
More custom image sets would always be welcome!

Also what do you recommend using to "crop out" the female sprites from the base pictures? I'd like to try creating a few myself, but I have no skills in image editing and my attempts at making transparent images with Paint3d don't look anywhere as "clean".

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes