3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
what happened to Kendra Lewis?
Good question. Not sure. There's nothing immediately apparent as for why it decided that she was no longer in the race. It's probably a bug. I will need to load the save but it may take me a few days before I'm able to do so.

Having been playing this solidly for about a month, getting to the end starting again, then repeat, etc. I have a few questions.

Can I delete or replace images in the character folders, so that I can easily get the characters I want and avoid those I do not?
Can I make lesbiens turn bi?
Can I get girls to dump their boyfriends?
Why are some characters with seemingly poor stats amazing at certain jobs?
Can we have an option to distribute stat points for MC rather than constantly re-rolling until we get something acceptable?
Why do employees skills at their job decrease when I increase their intelligence?
Can we have more stats on the employee screen?
Can we have more sort options, like job, on the contacts screen?

There's probably a lot more that I want to ask, but that's a few things for now off the top of my head.
Yes, you can delete the images you don't want to load except the ones in the defaults folder. (But loading a saved game after doing that will result in blank images or worse issues so do this just before starting a new game).

You can turn gay/straight characters bi by chatting them up and discussing their sexuality. But you need them to like you somewhat to be willing to have that discussion. Get their opinion up to at least 25 (although more social characters may be willing to talk about it sooner).

You can get them to dump their bf in various ways. Make them hate monogamy and marriage, lower their opinion of the bf (by changing their opinion of the bf physical attributes), by spreading rumors about the bf, by seducing the bf, etc.

Better character creation options is coming in a future version.

Increasing intelligence was lowering the skills of waitresses and hostesses but that was changed on the last version. Which version are you using? If you still see that happening, give me more details so I can investigate.

Sorting by job in the contact screen is a good idea. Will add it to the list. Adding more stats to the employee list is a bit tougher due to lack of space. But will look into it.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Good question. Not sure. There's nothing immediately apparent as for why it decided that she was no longer in the race. It's probably a bug. I will need to load the save but it may take me a few days before I'm able to do so.

Yes, you can delete the images you don't want to load except the ones in the defaults folder. (But loading a saved game after doing that will result in blank images or worse issues so do this just before starting a new game).

You can turn gay/straight characters bi by chatting them up and discussing their sexuality. But you need them to like you somewhat to be willing to have that discussion. Get their opinion up to at least 25 (although more social characters may be willing to talk about it sooner).

You can get them to dump their bf in various ways. Make them hate monogamy and marriage, lower their opinion of the bf (by changing their opinion of the bf physical attributes), by spreading rumors about the bf, by seducing the bf, etc.

Better character creation options is coming in a future version.

Increasing intelligence was lowering the skills of waitresses and hostesses but that was changed on the last version. Which version are you using? If you still see that happening, give me more details so I can investigate.

Sorting by job in the contact screen is a good idea. Will add it to the list. Adding more stats to the employee list is a bit tougher due to lack of space. But will look into it.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm using version 0.4d, which I thought was the current version. I'm still working on a lesbien friend. She has an opinion of me of 95, she loves big penis, she likes bald heads (which my character has), she dislikes homosexual sex, she likes giving hand/blow jobs, etc. but she is still stubbornly clinglng onto just being lesbien. She is currently single, but she dislikes monogamy as well.

Reactions: josephinewaters
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm using version 0.4d, which I thought was the current version. I'm still working on a lesbien friend. She has an opinion of me of 95, she loves big penis, she likes bald heads (which my character has), she dislikes homosexual sex, she likes giving hand/blow jobs, etc. but she is still stubbornly clinglng onto just being lesbien. She is currently single, but she dislikes monogamy as well.
You need 4g, otherwise there is no option to convince her to like men.

Reactions: Neofolis

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
A value of 1.00 would be 100% female spawns.

I tend to push it up to 0.95 to make it much more likely to have two sisters while still having males around.
I have done that But still got the vanilla 0.75 percent
By any chance you know what gives?

Does it have to go on the user changes file?

EDIT: it's 0.99 now But I'd rather a 1.00

reedster84

Mar 28, 2021
I want to start by saying I am really enjoying this game. I have already put several hours into it and do not see myself stopping anytime soon. I issue/question I have is how do you know exactly what physical features your character has? My dude is bald and when I convince people to like bald heads more their attraction actually goes down. Is there a place that actually tells you what your hair length/eye color/other features are considered? Other than that, really digging this game. Thank you.

haremmaou

Jun 29, 2018
A value of 1.00 would be 100% female spawns.

I tend to push it up to 0.95 to make it much more likely to have two sisters while still having males around.
I did that but instead of female I got all male!. Do I need the # before the line or not? cause after I add the # I didn't see a single female in my game

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
You need to upgrade to the latest version (0.4g). In 0.4d there's no way to turn someone bi. You can load your 0.4d save game on version 0.4g. But note that once the next version is out, it will not be able to load a 0.4d save game, only the 0.4g. Only save games from the previous released version are readable.

I have done that But still got the vanilla 0.75 percent
By any chance you know what gives?

Does it have to go on the user changes file?

EDIT: it's 0.99 now But I'd rather a 1.00
See info here for how to get more females in the game: https://f95zone.to/threads/strip-club-wars-v0-4g-total-fluke-studios.187856/post-12943110

Whether you are a male or female MC has not impact on that probability, except for some stories where a character is created that the MC would be attracted to, so if you play as a straight female, it would create a male or if you play as a straight male it would create a female.

I want to start by saying I am really enjoying this game. I have already put several hours into it and do not see myself stopping anytime soon. I issue/question I have is how do you know exactly what physical features your character has? My dude is bald and when I convince people to like bald heads more their attraction actually goes down. Is there a place that actually tells you what your hair length/eye color/other features are considered? Other than that, really digging this game. Thank you.
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it. Those physical traits are not displayed anywhere, but they should be. It's been on the list to fix for a while now but haven't gotten to it. In general they should match the image but there's always room for interpretation. Although if the dude is bald, there should be no ambiguity there (like with long/medium/short hair which is mostly subjective). It could also be a mislabeled image.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
I have 0.4g now. I don't know why I had an old version, I only downloaded it about a month ago, unless the update was since then. In the new version I only seem to be able to train one employee at a time and only once per day. Previously I could have up to seven training sessions in the morning with one to seven different employees. If this is working as intended now, it will take a very long time to train everyone and they will be fairly incompotent for a long time waiting while I'm training other employees. Even more frustrating if, after training them, you find they are still not good at their job and you have to reassign them and train them again.

Jun 14, 2019
I have 0.4g now. I don't know why I had an old version, I only downloaded it about a month ago, unless the update was since then. In the new version I only seem to be able to train one employee at a time and only once per day. Previously I could have up to seven training sessions in the morning with one to seven different employees. If this is working as intended now, it will take a very long time to train everyone and they will be fairly incompotent for a long time waiting while I'm training other employees. Even more frustrating if, after training them, you find they are still not good at their job and you have to reassign them and train them again.
More training sessions same morning: it was a bug - quite the nice one, true enough -, and it was fixed.

Being good at job is quite a mystery to me, sometimes. Not just the trainsable skill/ability counts, but other factors, too. (Like some jobs is better for dumb people, and if your workers have high IQ, they'll never be good at these jobs.)

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
More training sessions same morning: it was a bug - quite the nice one, true enough -, and it was fixed.

Being good at job is quite a mystery to me, sometimes. Not just the trainsable skill/ability counts, but other factors, too. (Like some jobs is better for dumb people, and if your workers have high IQ, they'll never be good at these jobs.)
Yes, it is a mystery. Some people are much better at a given job than others despite having worse stats. I appreciate experience counts, as generally if you employ someone as a bartender, who has been a bartender for several years they will be very good, but as their is no full record of anyone's work history, there is no way of knowing if that is the only influence other than the stats we can see. With so many stats it is difficult to know what is or isn't taken into account and whether or not randomness is involved as well. For example, does having a higher boobs score affect how good you are at stripping?

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
That's weird. It's definitively a bug, you are only supposed to be able to train one employee at a time. I don't remember fixing it though. Now I'm curious how this whole thing happened.

This has been requested often and its on the list to fix (i.e. provide more info on how the job skills are calculated). Every job has a formula that involves 4-5 attributes but that's not indicated anywhere. However, the negative impact of intelligence for waitresses and hostesses was removed in the last version. It was meant to be a way to prevent smart people from applying for those jobs but it created confusion and I was never thrilled with the implication that dumb people made better servers.

Yes, it is a mystery. Some people are much better at a given job than others despite having worse stats. I appreciate experience counts, as generally if you employ someone as a bartender, who has been a bartender for several years they will be very good, but as their is no full record of anyone's work history, there is no way of knowing if that is the only influence other than the stats we can see. With so many stats it is difficult to know what is or isn't taken into account and whether or not randomness is involved as well. For example, does having a higher boobs score affect how good you are at stripping?
Yep, being able to see their experience after the interview process is also part of the better visibility for job skills. Stripping skill has a "attractiveness" component that yes is affected by some commonly desirable traits, like large boobs, young, thin, etc. It's not a big factor, but it's there. Note also that for most jobs, focus, lewdness and sociability play a big part and those can't be trained.

When's the next update and do can we expect?
Normally it would be around now, but the day job has been getting in the way a bit too much recently so it may be another week before it's ready.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Yep, being able to see their experience after the interview process is also part of the better visibility for job skills. Stripping skill has a "attractiveness" component that yes is affected by some commonly desirable traits, like large boobs, young, thin, etc. It's not a big factor, but it's there. Note also that for most jobs, focus, lewdness and sociability play a big part and those can't be trained.
In terms of abililies that can't be trained they can still change, but it is not clear what is causing the changes with some abilities. The most obvious one that I have seen change, but can't be 100% sure of the cause is lewdness. I've tried repeatedly having sex with the same character and nothing seemed to happen, then I would notice some time later that their lewdness had increased by one. I've also experimented with changing their opinions about different sex acts, but that didn't seem to do anything. Any changes I have observed were so small as to be pointless, it's only ever one point over a very long time period.

I'm not sure about focus either. I think I've noticed other characters focus change, but I know my own has changed as has my honor and I'm not sure what influeces either or whether or not I can only influence my own.

Obviously training at the gym and running seem to influence health slowly over time, but, for example, does gifting gym membership affect other characters health over time. That brings up another question. Are there any plans to be able to engage in specific non-sexual activities with other characters. Obviously there are the dating options, but would it be possible in the future to ask to meet a character at the gym and train with them? Obviously we would expect some reward for doing that, it could just be improved opinion, but it would be a good way to influence other characters health or happiness.

Sorry, I have far too many questions.

Jun 14, 2019
That's weird. It's definitively a bug, you are only supposed to be able to train one employee at a time. I don't remember fixing it though. Now I'm curious how this whole thing happened.
For me, in previous release(s?), you could ask someone to be trained, and after you could still ask another one. And weekdays morning there was the train event for one of them, and after the event the same event fired for the other one - still in the same morning window.

Now, with v04g, if someone said yes for training already, I can't ask someone else, the action - the training suggestion - not listed for any NPCs anymore, not until I end the current training. Heh, that's way I thought you knew about this bug and fixed it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TotalFluke

internet_says

Jul 17, 2017
how about the ability to offer for cash to send the girl to training for that skill instead of having to do it yourself.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Is it normal for new characters showing up as strangers that re-use image sets of people that already exist in my current save? Noticed it happened a lot the longer I kept going with one game.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
In terms of abililies that can't be trained they can still change, but it is not clear what is causing the changes with some abilities. The most obvious one that I have seen change, but can't be 100% sure of the cause is lewdness. I've tried repeatedly having sex with the same character and nothing seemed to happen, then I would notice some time later that their lewdness had increased by one. I've also experimented with changing their opinions about different sex acts, but that didn't seem to do anything. Any changes I have observed were so small as to be pointless, it's only ever one point over a very long time period.

I'm not sure about focus either. I think I've noticed other characters focus change, but I know my own has changed as has my honor and I'm not sure what influeces either or whether or not I can only influence my own.

Obviously training at the gym and running seem to influence health slowly over time, but, for example, does gifting gym membership affect other characters health over time. That brings up another question. Are there any plans to be able to engage in specific non-sexual activities with other characters. Obviously there are the dating options, but would it be possible in the future to ask to meet a character at the gym and train with them? Obviously we would expect some reward for doing that, it could just be improved opinion, but it would be a good way to influence other characters health or happiness.

Sorry, I have far too many questions.
The lewdness of all characters goes up as time goes by based on the fame of the clubs near where they live. The messages saying your district lewdness increased is a result of this. The higher your fame, the faster it goes up.

Focus goes up drinking coffee. Endurance goes up by running, swimming or doing cardio work outs. Strength goes up by lifting weights. Honor changes when you do honorable or dishonorable things (i.e. you break a promise, your honor goes down, you tell the truth when asked about a rumor they heard, it goes up). But in general these changes are very small.

Gifting a gym membership to someone will make the more likely to go to the gym and workout. It works better for greedy characters that may not want to pay for it. But lazy characters (low will power) probably won't have much use for it. Also make sure they like working out to increase how often they go to the gym. I've considered the idea of a "gym date" but haven't put it in yet. But a more general non-romantic activity system can be interesting too.

how about the ability to offer for cash to send the girl to training for that skill instead of having to do it yourself.
Cash is so easy to come by that this would be too game breaking. However, you can hire managers and have them train them. That's not as efficient as you doing it, but it can help.

Is it normal for new characters showing up as strangers that re-use image sets of people that already exist in my current save? Noticed it happened a lot the longer I kept going with one game.
Assuming you are not referring to the "masked" images which are used when there's no more images available, then no, that should not happen at all.

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes