3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

lltnsmurf

Feb 22, 2018
I'm trying to tinker with Opinion Modifier flags in the console but I can't figure out what flag_val is
As an example:
attempting to remove a Micromanagment flag using the command:
cheat set_flag char_id flag_name flag_val expires
I've got char_id and flag_name, -1 for expires to remove it, but I've tried numerous things for flag_val to no avail
it's not the string of numbers after micromgmt in the character dump - looks like the date the flag was applied
It's not the full flag text in the middle column under Relation Modifiers in cheatsheet.txt
It's not either of the four digit numbers following micromgmt in the save file
It's not 1 for the number of instances of Micromanagement on the character's information panel or the number following it in said panel (I'm guessing weight of the modifier)
I'm stumped.

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
found a few bugs on later stages.

the first two. for both being in public naked and sex in public the cops still get called even thou its legal. also everyone's raping now.

the other issue is that if you have a sex worker sometimes they will walk around town in their work uniform. i think the script for the street walkers uniform might be procking for ours as well.

the last issue i dont actualy have an issue with. i actualy like it and in all honesty it makes sense especially if people have high prostitution, sex work, and/or naked in public (right now it seems to just use the reveling for all cloths options outside base, theirs no actual naked or near naked outfight), but as not everyone dos it i know its a bug and i want to bring it up so it dosnt become a bigger BUG later on down the road.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
A preview thumbnail of the girls in the image packs would be great, rather than blindly downloading them. I get that there are multiple characters in each pack, but the packs are named after a specific girl so it's reasonable to assume you felt there was one showcase girl who represented the theme of the batch. Knowing what that girl looks like before choosing to download would be helpful.

Last edited:

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Oh neat a new update!

I had been meaning to ask though, is the passage of time changeable somehow? I always find myself on the map looking at places that say they are open but immediately close when I click them and I can only assume it's because moving there progresses a game tick? Just a minor frustration anyway.
Yeah, you can only make one move per time slot. So if you move to say the park and then don't like it there and then move to the coffee shop, that will move it to the next time slot, which may be when the coffee shop is closed. Can see the frustration, but moving from one place to another takes time :)

Q for the Dev: are you planning to add a sex count tracking system to the characters in the game (for virginity kinks etc)?
Not sure it's exactly what you want, but the next version will likely have the concept of virginity, and characters will act accordingly.

Can we just drop our old saves into the new game folder and just continue, or do you foresee a problem with that? I think I'm going to try to run a 4g save in the 4h new folder and report back any weirdness.
Yes. Old saves work for the following version (i.e. 0.4g saves work on 0.4h but won't work on the following one). Can't guarantee that will work that way for all future releases, but so far I've been able to do so.

I've started a 0.4h and am experiencing wierdness with the coucillors. They are agreeing on what to vote on, but the vote date is over a month in the future rather than the usual 10 days. It seems like this is just reporting wrongly, because as far as I can tell they are having the vote after ten days or at least earlier than it said they would, but then I can't see how they voted. It still says their last votes were choosing what to vote for. I assume this is because, although they have had the vote, the original date that they said it would be is still in one of the data files.
It gets worse. Apparently the law that was voted on earlier than was stated gets voted on again on the stated date, which then seems to cancel the next one that they were due to be voting on. The stated dates are 35 days ahead, assuming all months are 30 days.
Hmmm, that sounds like something got out of whack. Its as if it got the date off by a month. Can you turn debug mode on by adding this line to the user_config.dat.file:

dev_mode bool true

and then launching the game and loading your save, then the hitting the '~' key (above the tab on most keyboards) and then typing 'dump e' on the box that appears. Then cut and paste the results here (or post a screen shot).

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I'm trying to tinker with Opinion Modifier flags in the console but I can't figure out what flag_val is
As an example:
attempting to remove a Micromanagment flag using the command:
cheat set_flag char_id flag_name flag_val expires
I've got char_id and flag_name, -1 for expires to remove it, but I've tried numerous things for flag_val to no avail
it's not the string of numbers after micromgmt in the character dump - looks like the date the flag was applied
It's not the full flag text in the middle column under Relation Modifiers in cheatsheet.txt
It's not either of the four digit numbers following micromgmt in the save file
It's not 1 for the number of instances of Micromanagement on the character's information panel or the number following it in said panel (I'm guessing weight of the modifier)
I'm stumped.
Sorry the dev console is very much a "dev" console and it's hard to use and understand. The flags that you can modify are actual flags (listed under Flags: when you dump a character). The Micromanagement you are referring to is an relation modifier and those I have no command in the console to change. Your only option is to modify the save file, but that one's tricky too. Opinions are so easy to change in game and it's usually easier that way. If you really want to use the console to improve your opinion with someone make them very greedy (use the cheat set_attr) and then give them a small gift in game.

found a few bugs on later stages.

the first two. for both being in public naked and sex in public the cops still get called even thou its legal. also everyone's raping now.

the other issue is that if you have a sex worker sometimes they will walk around town in their work uniform. i think the script for the street walkers uniform might be procking for ours as well.

the last issue i dont actualy have an issue with. i actualy like it and in all honesty it makes sense especially if people have high prostitution, sex work, and/or naked in public (right now it seems to just use the reveling for all cloths options outside base, theirs no actual naked or near naked outfight), but as not everyone dos it i know its a bug and i want to bring it up so it dosnt become a bigger BUG later on down the road.
Thanks. The first one I thought I had made sure it didn't happen but must have missed something. Will check again. Not sure I understand the second one.

A preview thumbnail of the girls in the image packs would be great, rather than blindly downloading them. I get that there are multiple characters in each pack, but the packs are named after a specific girl so it's reasonable to assume you felt there was one showcase girl who represented the theme of the batch. Knowing what that girl looks like before choosing to download would be helpful.
The names are just an alphabetical naming of common stripper names (Amber, Bethany, Crystal, etc.). The names are assigned when you run the game randomly so the same image may have different names on different runs. There's no pattern or theme to each set. With 150 characters it would take me too much time to create the thumbnails. I think it would be cool but unless I can find a tool to do it for me, it won't happen. For now the quality of the images is typically better for the later packs. But it's not necessarily consistent.

Can i corrupt cult if i join in?( what the point of it anyway?)
Not yet. That's a story line that's still needs a lot of development. But yeah, as you surmise, it's supposed to be bunch of easily swayed people that you can then mold your way. Wait for a future update!

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
So if you move to say the park and then don't like it there and then move to the coffee shop, that will move it to the next time slot, which may be when the coffee shop is closed. Can see the frustration, but moving from one place to another takes time :)
Maybe instead of letting you click on "places open now" the map could only allow "places that will still be open when you get there"?

MetalCrow

Mar 15, 2018
Sorry, my first language is not English so I really don't understand how to activate tabboo. Can someone explain it to me?

Jun 14, 2019
Sorry, my first language is not English so I really don't understand how to activate tabboo. Can someone explain it to me?
There is a file in the main folder: config.dat
Open with a file editor (notepad, etc.).
Search for "taboo" (it is at quite the beginning).

You see some instructions, some lines beginning with a #
Before the "#taboos string -" line, there is other line, but not starting with a #
Put a # at the very beginning of this line, then delete the # at the beginning of the next line.

Now you should have this in you file:
#taboos string noncon,incest,racism
taboos string -
#taboos string noncon,incest,racism # list of all supported taboos

Save and enjoy.

Lines begininng with a # just comments, instructions, explanations
Lines not beginning with a # are part of the code - here, the configuration.

Reactions: MetalCrow

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
Thanks. The first one I thought I had made sure it didn't happen but must have missed something. Will check again. Not sure I understand the second one.
to clarify for the second one. The issue is simple. You know how theirs different clothing variations for jobs, that’s the issue.

Sometimes if one of your sex workers go to downtown they wear that outfit. Not the outfit they would usually wear if not a sex worker. Like I said i think it’s just a graphical issue. Its not consistently just off and on, which is why i think it was a bug

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Oh wow I love this game! I hope it keeps getting updates!

Just one question though - how does enabling prostitution and stripping work in this game? Do you need to get the feds to pass laws enabling it? And how does that work exactly?

KoterKarl

Aug 24, 2018
Honest critique: Your game is awsome in terms of concept and game mechanics. Even the looks are ok. But you have no story going on and that kills the game. You need a story to guide the player into the game. Sandboxes are boring on their own. The shine if they give the illusion of an open world along a main story that gives your exploring a purpose.

Reactions: drakkor and SenPC

LankDord

Jan 17, 2018
Can anyone provide a clue?
I know that the relationship option from "friend" to "girlfriend" takes about 2 months to appear, but how do I get to the next stage?
Have roughly 1.5 years+ in my playthrough but no other option has appeared so far...

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
Can anyone provide a clue?
I know that the relationship option from "friend" to "girlfriend" takes about 2 months to appear, but how do I get to the next stage?
Have roughly 1.5 years+ in my playthrough but no other option has appeared so far...
for you. impossible. to my understanding its not in the game yet for us. best you can get is girlfriend.

for npcs 3 months per stage

abudirka

Jul 21, 2017
I've encountered a bug where if I try to hire anyone who already has a job, we go through the entire interview process and once I offer them the gig it just... ends. No acceptance or rejection, just them standing there awkwardly in the office.
Which is strange because on the last version I was able to steal back my sister after she got hired at a competing club.

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes