3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

wordwaster

Mar 30, 2018
I get what you are saying... some people want it one way, others want it another and there's no way to please everyone. Making this an option would require too many changes and would be very inefficient. I'll need to think about how to do this.
You could center the text and place the male image off to the left side; instead of the center. Then players can simply avoid looking at the left side of the screen and we don't have to look at the weird naked ai men when our eyes move to the female image.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
You need to sleep to regain energy. Is part of the game - to force you to manage your time and prioritize what you want to do. You can sleep at night or in the morning to regain your full energy. Sleeping in the middle of the day can be done when you are very tired and only recovers a fraction of your energy.
I understand that. What I was saying is that the skip to next morning button (lower right) ought logically to include you sleeping over night, and so should restore the same amount of energy as doing so. It doesn't make sense to imagine that you're say standing in the bar from the afternoon to the following morning without ever going home to sleep.

Workers are unhappy for various reasons, most of which are out of your control. If they are unhappy because they are doing a job their are not comfortable doing (because their lewdness isn't high enough) they will say that. Otherwise it's just the sum of a lot of things. Some people are just more unhappy than the rest. There are four ways to appease them: changing their job, giving them more money, doing the Recognize Good Job interaction or having the marketing manager work on the improve morale duty. They will normally pick the unhappiest employee but is not possible to direct a particular one.
Thanks for letting me know. I think this should be better explained in the game. I never had a marketing manager because no one ever responded to my ad, and none of the people I ran around and talked to wanted to interview.

You can post jobs. That's the main way to get people that want to work for you to come over. If you run into someone that would make a good worker, you can ask them to interview, but no, posting jobs is how you will get the majority of your employees. Not sure how you missed that. But without that yeah, it becomes almost impossible to get a working club cause the other clubs will hire everyone else.
I didn't miss that, I don't think you can actually talk to people about hiring them if you don't have any jobs posted, but posting jobs is incredibly bad for actually finding applicants. I've had ads run out without having produced a single interview candidate.

lallygagged

Aug 2, 2020
That's really odd. When you say "the contact list screen now has all their traits revealed" do you mean for the new character only or for all characters? I can't even begin to guess what would cause to do that. Did you modify any files?
It reveals the traits of any person the first time I open that person's profile. Doing a job interview with a person will also reveal all of that person's traits. I've included images of the revealed traits that I'm talking about.

I haven't modified any files. I only have the game and image packs. I've tried re-downloading the game too.

It might all just be a glitch on my system.

Last edited:

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
The interaction values for whatever RNG formula you're using might need some re-examination or tweaking. I'm having a string of unqualified applicants (negative values in skills for the job they're applying for during interview tests) turn down the offer when I choose "medium high amount" for salary. I get it, they want more money for the job they are going to be shitty at, everybody wants more money, but the only reason I'm offering them more money than they are worth is because they're attractive and I can train them once hired. And once they turn me down they are often immediately hired elsewhere, beginning the 90day timer that they won't consider a second offer from me. It's frustrating, and it leads to a lot of unfilled positions.
I'm not saying the game mechanic is bad, I'm just saying that maybe the formula needs to be weighted a little less punitively.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Hmmm, that sounds like something got out of whack. Its as if it got the date off by a month. Can you turn debug mode on by adding this line to the user_config.dat.file:

dev_mode bool true

and then launching the game and loading your save, then the hitting the '~' key (above the tab on most keyboards) and then typing 'dump e' on the box that appears. Then cut and paste the results here (or post a screen shot).
Screenshot 2024-03-31 042710.png
Hopefully this helps, sorry for the delay.

Aug 30, 2018
The interaction values for whatever RNG formula you're using might need some re-examination or tweaking. I'm having a string of unqualified applicants (negative values in skills for the job they're applying for during interview tests) turn down the offer when I choose "medium high amount" for salary. I get it, they want more money for the job they are going to be shitty at, everybody wants more money, but the only reason I'm offering them more money than they are worth is because they're attractive and I can train them once hired. And once they turn me down they are often immediately hired elsewhere, beginning the 90day timer that they won't consider a second offer from me. It's frustrating, and it leads to a lot of unfilled positions.
I'm not saying the game mechanic is bad, I'm just saying that maybe the formula needs to be weighted a little less punitively.
The whole refusing offer thing is kinda funny. I often get that, but in a few rare cases it goes the opposite way, like I'll think a girl is rather plain looking, or not to my liking, and I don't really want her as a stripper or dancer, I low-ball the offer so she will refuse, and then she goes ahead and accepts...fml :/

As for the stats, that's not too much of an issue as they can be trained to be better over time. Can't fix unattractive, but the skills will naturally go up as they work, and through training.

Reactions: SenPC

Joahndo

Dec 27, 2019
This game really needs some keyboard controls. At least basic ones like Enter for "Yes" and ESC for "No". Also in my current game councillors are not voting anymore. Apparently there are laws still to vote on but no voting happens.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
No option to change jobs for them, nor to fire them...
Ok, I think the problem is that they are not at work. You can only fire or reassign them when they are at work. If you go to the employee list of the Manage Club, do they ever show as being "IN" or showing hours worked? If they are never IN that means that they are not assigned to any room in the club so they are never working and you are probably not paying them. Editing the save file may be the only way to fix this.

I understand that. What I was saying is that the skip to next morning button (lower right) ought logically to include you sleeping over night, and so should restore the same amount of energy as doing so. It doesn't make sense to imagine that you're say standing in the bar from the afternoon to the following morning without ever going home to sleep.

Thanks for letting me know. I think this should be better explained in the game. I never had a marketing manager because no one ever responded to my ad, and none of the people I ran around and talked to wanted to interview.

I didn't miss that, I don't think you can actually talk to people about hiring them if you don't have any jobs posted, but posting jobs is incredibly bad for actually finding applicants. I've had ads run out without having produced a single interview candidate.
Oh yes, I've been meaning for a long time to make the ">" button work as Pass Time/Sleep combo (the Action command already works that way and keep forgetting to do that). Making the ">>" work similarly is a bit more complex but the last step should also be a sleep not a pass time.

Managers are hard to find at first. They need to have college degrees and those are rare at first, although the chances become higher as time passes. But you should get someone to bite. By the time that you can hire them you should have enough money to always be posting jobs. I'm not sure why you aren't getting sufficient applicants. How far along in the game you are? Early on it's tough, and at that time your best bet is your sibling/best friend recommendations. He should make one such recommendation per month as long as you have openings (they don't even have to be posted). But after 6 months or so, you should be running ads all the time and getting a number of applicants each month.

Game is super addicting, I was wondering if there is a set limit on how many NPCs can be in at one time and is there a way to change ethnicity etc ?
There's no set limit, although at some point the game will become too slow as to be unplayable. There's no way to change the ethnicity of someone other than modifying the save file. If you do that, you will also need to manually reset the image used to match the new ethnicity.

This game really needs some keyboard controls. At least basic ones like Enter for "Yes" and ESC for "No". Also in my current game councillors are not voting anymore. Apparently there are laws still to vote on but no voting happens.
Yeah. I just haven't found the time to do it and more importantly, most questions are not yes/no so the enter/esc becomes a bit more complex. I've seen the council get stuck at times. There's a check to recognize this when it happens and get it back in schedule so it may just miss a few weeks and then re-starts. If it's been more than 2 months without a vote let me know and I'll see if I can figure out if there's a way to force ti restart with the console.

Reactions: caralho24

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
It reveals the traits of any person the first time I open that person's profile. Doing a job interview with a person will also reveal all of that person's traits. I've included images of the revealed traits that I'm talking about.

I haven't modified any files. I only have the game and image packs. I've tried re-downloading the game too.

It might all just be a glitch on my system.
Ok, this is very odd and I can't come up with any way it could happen unless some sort of data corruption. Can you launch the game from the desktop, load a save and then to the least steps you can to make it do that and then exit the game. Then attach the debug log file here so I can look at and verify it's not the data corruption? The debug file is at C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player.log.

The debug file can get pretty big pretty fast which is why it's best to launch the game right before it.

Thanks.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
If they are attractive then that makes their job skill higher than their other skills indicate. And they know they are attractive so they would expect to get paid more. When they turn it down they should tell you the main reason for it. Usually it will be money but there are other factors as well. The formula is very complex and it does take into account a lot of things. But understand that there's a difference between deserved salary and the salary they want. The salary they want is based more on their own perceived value (which includes greed, willpower and rationality) as well as their skills (and this includes their attractiveness for positions where that matters), their experience, and how much/little they like you and your club. How good their bartending skills are is a fairly small fraction of the total. And as you say, you can train that. You should hire based on lewdness (high), will power (low) and attractiveness for the most part. Everything else can be changed to some degree.

Reactions: caralho24 and SenPC

luxxx

Jun 15, 2017
Ok, I think the problem is that they are not at work. You can only fire or reassign them when they are at work. If you go to the employee list of the Manage Club, do they ever show as being "IN" or showing hours worked? If they are never IN that means that they are not assigned to any room in the club so they are never working and you are probably not paying them. Editing the save file may be the only way to fix this.
Ok, just tell me what to edit.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Hopefully this helps, sorry for the delay.
So everything looks normal there other than the fact that it hasn't offered a law up for a vote in a while. Laws should come up for a vote every 13-20 days. Now that you know how to work the console, launch the game and enter this in the console:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(same command as before) and then look for "establishing_law" in the Flags line of the output. If you don't see it, then it's still stuck as before. Then you can type (but remove the space between the two :: and the "pick", this editor turns them into a smiley).

That should hopefully force the process to pick a new law to be voted on to run. Let me know if it doesn't.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
The whole refusing offer thing is kinda funny. I often get that, but in a few rare cases it goes the opposite way, like I'll think a girl is rather plain looking, or not to my liking, and I don't really want her as a stripper or dancer, I low-ball the offer so she will refuse, and then she goes ahead and accepts...fml :/

As for the stats, that's not too much of an issue as they can be trained to be better over time. Can't fix unattractive, but the skills will naturally go up as they work, and through training.
Yep, if she isn't good looking she probably knows the low ball offer is the best she's going to get and takes the job. Attractiveness is like 50% of the stripper job. (This only applies to performers, other jobs attractiveness is not a factor).

Reactions: josephinewaters

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
So everything looks normal there other than the fact that it hasn't offered a law up for a vote in a while. Laws should come up for a vote every 13-20 days. Now that you know how to work the console, launch the game and enter this in the console:

(same command as before) and then look for "establishing_law" in the Flags line of the output. If you don't see it, then it's still stuck as before. Then you can type (but remove the space between the two :: and the "pick", this editor turns them into a smiley).

That should hopefully force the process to pick a new law to be voted on to run. Let me know if it doesn't.
I suppose there's not really any reason things wouldn't look normal from a snapshot, but the fact that I have laws that have already passed that are waiting to be voted on is definitely not normal. I may try to get a screenshot or two that show this better.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Ok, just tell me what to edit.
Actually it may be easier to use the console. Turn the console on by adding this line to the user_config.dat file:

dev_mode bool true

then restart the game and load the file. Then type ~ to open the console. Once there type

list p

to get a list of all the people in the game. Make sure the last name is your character and it's preceeded by a '3'. If it's not a '3' replace the '3' below with that number but it's always been a '3' in every game that I've seen. Anyway, this is a long list if you are deep into the game and they are in order of when they were created so it may take a while to find them, but find the hookers you need to get rid of. You should see a number followed by their name. Get the number and then type:

run &quick_quit char:XXXXX char:3

where XXXXX is the number next to the hooker in the list. When you do that you should get message on the message log indicating she quit. Do this for each of them. And I think that should work. You can press ~ again to get rid of the console.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Screenshot 2024-04-01 021014.png So this was the result of running the command. You'll notice the vote is scheduled for Sunday Apr 23, 2025, but the current date is Wed Mar 14, 2025. Apart from the fact that the council won't be there to vote on the Sunday, which I realise could be a product of me forcing this action at a time when it would have happened normally, that's one month and nine days until the vote, whereas previously the vote would take place ten days after it was announced. What I have found to be happening is that the vote does take place 10 days after it is announced, in this case Mar 24, but it will then take place again on the date stated Apr 23. That can then cause the issue I have been having where it passes on Mar 24, but fails to pass on Apr 23. To add to the confusion, after Mar 24. when the vote happens the first time, the councillors go back to deciding what to vote on next and the next law to vote on could also come up before Apr 23 when they vote on Dancers Allowed the second time. Because I have no way of influencing whether or not they vote for Dancers Allowed after the first vote Mar 24, it can fail on Apr 23 and go back into the laws waiting to be chosen for a vote.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I suppose there's not really any reason things wouldn't look normal from a snapshot, but the fact that I have laws that have already passed that are waiting to be voted on is definitely not normal. I may try to get a screenshot or two that show this better.
I referred to the date was normal and not being off. That was my first guess as to what was wrong, but it was correct so that's not it. That's why I asked you to type that other command to see if that fixes it. My guess is that there's something deeper that's corrupted and that won't fix it but won't know for sure until you try it.

The other info that would be useful, if you are going to take a screen shot is to ask the City Hall person for the laws that are being considered. Ideally do this before running the command to pick the new law.

Reactions: Neofolis
3.60 star(s) 15 Votes