3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

wordwaster

Mar 30, 2018
Is there a confirmed way to make all the npcs female? female_probability float 1.00 did not work for me
The dev has intentionally made it impossible to not have men in the game. For some reason.

On a related note: is there a way to remove the self image from sex scenes? For some reason, the dev chose to have the male image central on the screen instead of the female. I'm sure that is fine for some folk, but I would really rather look at naked women than naked men.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
to clarify for the second one. The issue is simple. You know how theirs different clothing variations for jobs, that’s the issue.

Sometimes if one of your sex workers go to downtown they wear that outfit. Not the outfit they would usually wear if not a sex worker. Like I said i think it’s just a graphical issue. Its not consistently just off and on, which is why i think it was a bug
Yes, that's intentional. If the law allows it and they are lewd enough, they may choose to wear some of their sexier clothing in other places. It's not specific to strippers/hookers, but any character can do it.

Is there a confirmed way to make all the npcs female? female_probability float 1.00 did not work for me
This config change applies to pool characters only. Characters created for specific stories/scenes are not affected by this. Characters created for specific jobs will be affected up to some point. For example, the default city commissioner has a 68% male probability. If you change female_probability to 1.00, the male probability drops to 58%. (This is on purpose as having an all-female commission becomes easier to sway because you can seduce them). The initial coffee shop worker has a 40% chance of being male. If you change the female_probability to 1.00, it drops to 20%.

Honest critique: Your game is awsome in terms of concept and game mechanics. Even the looks are ok. But you have no story going on and that kills the game. You need a story to guide the player into the game. Sandboxes are boring on their own. The shine if they give the illusion of an open world along a main story that gives your exploring a purpose.
That's fair and you are not the first one to say that.

Can anyone provide a clue?
I know that the relationship option from "friend" to "girlfriend" takes about 2 months to appear, but how do I get to the next stage?
Have roughly 1.5 years+ in my playthrough but no other option has appeared so far...
Yes, at this time you can't get engaged or married or move in with someone.

I've encountered a bug where if I try to hire anyone who already has a job, we go through the entire interview process and once I offer them the gig it just... ends. No acceptance or rejection, just them standing there awkwardly in the office.
Which is strange because on the last version I was able to steal back my sister after she got hired at a competing club.
We had a similar issue before were you could interview someone but didn't have room to hire them and then it just ended like that. I thought I fixed that and haven't run into that in a while. The fact that they stayed in the office means that the scene crashed so I'll check to see if I can find out what happened. Any additional details are always helpful, specifically if you know exactly what was the last scene and option you selected. Was there anything odd about the person you were hiring? Did they had another job, where did they go after they left the office?

The dev has intentionally made it impossible to not have men in the game. For some reason.

On a related note: is there a way to remove the self image from sex scenes? For some reason, the dev chose to have the male image central on the screen instead of the female. I'm sure that is fine for some folk, but I would really rather look at naked women than naked men.
The central image should be the other character. Your character should be to the side. If you are front and center, then that's a bug. Does it happen always, or just on specific scenes? Any additional details will help to figure out what's going on.

Reactions: LankDord and SenPC

wordwaster

Mar 30, 2018
The central image should be the other character. Your character should be to the side. If you are front and center, then that's a bug. Does it happen always, or just on specific scenes? Any additional details will help to figure out what's going on.
Every sexual encounter. The normal size female image takes that normal conversation spot on the far right side of the screen while the player model is smaller, but more centered on the screen. From left to right it is text box - player - female.

I just made a fresh install to be sure it was nothing I edited. Nothing changed. It's still arranged as text, me, her.

So when you are reading the text, you also see a naked man. It's a boner killer. Moving it to the edge of the screen would be an improvement, but I'd really like to the option to not see the male model at all.

Last edited:

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
Yes, that's intentional. If the law allows it and they are lewd enough, they may choose to wear some of their sexier clothing in other places. It's not specific to strippers/hookers, but any character can do it.
ah ok that would also explain why they can get wishy washy

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
Is it expected that the "v2" image pack has the filename amber_image_pack_1_0.zip? I downloaded that one from Mega but I don't see any difference from the image pack in my 0.4g copy.

slouvugo

May 15, 2017
Is it expected that the "v2" image pack has the filename amber_image_pack_1_0.zip? I downloaded that one from Mega but I don't see any difference from the image pack in my 0.4g copy.
The v2 image pack links may not have been properly updated. You can get the v2 image pack from say, the gofile link that contains the game.

Reactions: Not YrBroom

abudirka

Jul 21, 2017
We had a similar issue before were you could interview someone but didn't have room to hire them and then it just ended like that. I thought I fixed that and haven't run into that in a while. The fact that they stayed in the office means that the scene crashed so I'll check to see if I can find out what happened. Any additional details are always helpful, specifically if you know exactly what was the last scene and option you selected. Was there anything odd about the person you were hiring? Did they had another job, where did they go after they left the office?
I'll attach a couple things here:

save-0 -skip the first few things to get to Barbara interview. That's an example of what was going on.
save-2 -possibly related. The girl here Marlene - I couldn't actually schedule her. But when she later contacted me about a job, it had the same outcome as Barbara, Nell, and others.
and of course the PlayerLog
hope it helps

also, I have tinkered with the files a lot. So I am fully willing to admit that if I caused the problem somehow, then it's my bad and apologize for having you chase a dead end.

Edit: I just noticed the v1 v2 image pack from above issue. Figured the one I got off Mega was correct - swapping the image packs to see if that fixes it.
Edit 2: Nope.

Last edited:

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
The v2 image pack links may not have been properly updated. You can get the v2 image pack from say, the gofile link that contains the game.
Thank you. In fact standalone links for the Amber image pack all still point to version 1. (At least the ones I can reach - Krakenfiles and Mixdrop won't load at all for me .)

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
any cheats?
The savegames are just txt files, as are the config files, so you can edit the game start to give yourself more money or better stats, or you can edit the safe file to give yourself more money, better stats and skills, etc.

Tanuki Taro

Jul 13, 2018
Sex workers I hired/assigned before the update (when sex rooms didn't yet function) are not appearing to work in the rooms.

lallygagged

Aug 2, 2020
Bug I'm having: After meeting someone new, opening their profile from My Contact List, then closing all of the windows, the My Contact List screen now has all of their traits revealed. Their profile page still has the traits hidden.

I've tried restarting the application and starting a new game. Same issue.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I think this is a very interesting game, I played it for several hours, but there are quite a lot of things that I think could be improved.

When talking to a character, if you want to see their stats you have the open up your contacts and then find that particular character. There should be button that takes you directly to seeing the characters contacts page when speaking to them.

If you wait until next day you don't recover energy like you do if you sleep. This means that occationally you need to wait for the entire day and then sleep instead.

The help page for jobs should tell you what skills and/or abilities affect a workers performance in that job.

It is very difficult to understand why a worker is or is not happy with their job, or what you can do to make them happier.

Hiring new workers is not fun. You have to run around randomly a lot trying to talk to random people to ask if they're interested, and you have to remember who you've already tried. Simply posting a job should probably be enough most of the time.

There is no gameplay benefit to sex in this game. Its clearly inspired by lab rats 2, which had the clarity system that made you care a lot about sex. In this game sex is just more clicking you need to do.

Money doesn't feel meaningfully enough. You're trying to make a successful club, which will make a lot of money, and then what? I think the idea is supposed to be that you make money to expand the club to make more money, but this is hamstrung by the difficulty of hiring. In the mid game you can try to hire someone for months without a single interview, so being able to expand the club at that point won't matter as you can't hire people to staff a larger club.

The passage of laws isn't very interesting. It happens pretty much automatically and you really don't need to think much about it.

In general there isn't enough interesting stuff for the player to do, a lot of the game is just waiting.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I'll attach a couple things here:

save-0 -skip the first few things to get to Barbara interview. That's an example of what was going on.
save-2 -possibly related. The girl here Marlene - I couldn't actually schedule her. But when she later contacted me about a job, it had the same outcome as Barbara, Nell, and others.
and of course the PlayerLog
hope it helps

also, I have tinkered with the files a lot. So I am fully willing to admit that if I caused the problem somehow, then it's my bad and apologize for having you chase a dead end.

Edit: I just noticed the v1 v2 image pack from above issue. Figured the one I got off Mega was correct - swapping the image packs to see if that fixes it.
Edit 2: Nope.
Ok, so I loaded the first save game and got to the Barbara interview and it ended normally because you don't have any jobs available in the club. Currently you have 94 employees but you have a max of 61 jobs. You obviously changed some of the data files to allow for more employees total and more jobs per room, so my guess is something is out of whack and there's a situation that I'm not handling but I don't know what that is.

As for the Marlene situation is a bit more complex. It appears your save file is missing some rows. Not sure if you deleted this on purpose or by mistake or something cause them to get lost. There's at least 3 persons missing: 41082, 2818, and a third one I forgot to write down. These are in others contacts and when others want to do certain things, like sending a text or talking about someone else, but since they don't exist, that kills the scene. In this case, when someone is deciding whether to apply to their club, they check to see if any of their friends work there and if they are happy and that influences their decision. Marlene is friends with 41802 and since that person doesn't exist, that's causes the abrupt end.

You also have your parking lot room missing from your club. The room exists, but it's not in the rooms list in the Club object. I assume this happened by manually modifying the save file. This probably is not that big a deal and you seem to still be getting parking revenue. But figured I'd mention it.

Reactions: abudirka

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Every sexual encounter. The normal size female image takes that normal conversation spot on the far right side of the screen while the player model is smaller, but more centered on the screen. From left to right it is text box - player - female.

I just made a fresh install to be sure it was nothing I edited. Nothing changed. It's still arranged as text, me, her.

So when you are reading the text, you also see a naked man. It's a boner killer. Moving it to the edge of the screen would be an improvement, but I'd really like to the option to not see the male model at all.
I get what you are saying... some people want it one way, others want it another and there's no way to please everyone. Making this an option would require too many changes and would be very inefficient. I'll need to think about how to do this.

Crap. Yeah, those links are added by F95. I gave them instructions on how to do it but apparently they ignored them and assumed the old Amber links were fine. The GoFile is my personal file sharing and it's correct so use that for now until I run out bandwidth.

Sex workers I hired/assigned before the update (when sex rooms didn't yet function) are not appearing to work in the rooms.
Yeah, I'm not surprised as that wasn't supposed to work before this update. Can you change their job to another one and then back to hooker? Hopefully that fixes it.

Bug I'm having: After meeting someone new, opening their profile from My Contact List, then closing all of the windows, the My Contact List screen now has all of their traits revealed. Their profile page still has the traits hidden.

I've tried restarting the application and starting a new game. Same issue.
That's really odd. When you say "the contact list screen now has all their traits revealed" do you mean for the new character only or for all characters? I can't even begin to guess what would cause to do that. Did you modify any files?

I think this is a very interesting game, I played it for several hours, but there are quite a lot of things that I think could be improved.

When talking to a character, if you want to see their stats you have the open up your contacts and then find that particular character. There should be button that takes you directly to seeing the characters contacts page when speaking to them.

If you wait until next day you don't recover energy like you do if you sleep. This means that occationally you need to wait for the entire day and then sleep instead.

The help page for jobs should tell you what skills and/or abilities affect a workers performance in that job.

It is very difficult to understand why a worker is or is not happy with their job, or what you can do to make them happier.

Hiring new workers is not fun. You have to run around randomly a lot trying to talk to random people to ask if they're interested, and you have to remember who you've already tried. Simply posting a job should probably be enough most of the time.

There is no gameplay benefit to sex in this game. Its clearly inspired by lab rats 2, which had the clarity system that made you care a lot about sex. In this game sex is just more clicking you need to do.

Money doesn't feel meaningfully enough. You're trying to make a successful club, which will make a lot of money, and then what? I think the idea is supposed to be that you make money to expand the club to make more money, but this is hamstrung by the difficulty of hiring. In the mid game you can try to hire someone for months without a single interview, so being able to expand the club at that point won't matter as you can't hire people to staff a larger club.

The passage of laws isn't very interesting. It happens pretty much automatically and you really don't need to think much about it.

In general there isn't enough interesting stuff for the player to do, a lot of the game is just waiting.
Thanks for your feedback. I'll clarify some of your points here:

It's far from obvious, but you can click on a characters' name above their image to see their details in mid-scene.

You need to sleep to regain energy. Is part of the game - to force you to manage your time and prioritize what you want to do. You can sleep at night or in the morning to regain your full energy. Sleeping in the middle of the day can be done when you are very tired and only recovers a fraction of your energy.

Workers are unhappy for various reasons, most of which are out of your control. If they are unhappy because they are doing a job their are not comfortable doing (because their lewdness isn't high enough) they will say that. Otherwise it's just the sum of a lot of things. Some people are just more unhappy than the rest. There are four ways to appease them: changing their job, giving them more money, doing the Recognize Good Job interaction or having the marketing manager work on the improve morale duty. They will normally pick the unhappiest employee but is not possible to direct a particular one.

You can post jobs. That's the main way to get people that want to work for you to come over. If you run into someone that would make a good worker, you can ask them to interview, but no, posting jobs is how you will get the majority of your employees. Not sure how you missed that. But without that yeah, it becomes almost impossible to get a working club cause the other clubs will hire everyone else.

And here all people complain is how hard is to get laws passed... It's depends on the commissioners you get. If you get 4 lewd ones, you are all set. If you don't then you have to work at it.

And yes, the game is still in development. The club mechanics (particularly revenue) is not balanced and once you start hiring strippers, money just snowballs.

Reactions: wormdogs
3.60 star(s) 15 Votes