3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Can confirm I had this happen also, however saving more regularly seems to have prevented it.

Almost like an unsaved game just maintains a cache that gets out of control.

Next time it happens I'll actually bother to check my system logs. :p
That might be why I never encountered the problem, I feel the need to constantly save in every game I play, lol.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Can confirm I had this happen also, however saving more regularly seems to have prevented it.

Almost like an unsaved game just maintains a cache that gets out of control.

Next time it happens I'll actually bother to check my system logs. :p
Well, not that i'd want to see someone suffer the same fate, but its cool to know that i'm not the only one out there with this issue.

Saving is a good point, i barely save the game and have the autosave on standard aka every 20days iirc.

maybe it ran outta control, due to having to much to cache or what not and saving might prevent it or flush it.

We'll see about that. :)

ukrak

Aug 30, 2020
changing sex opinion is useless
in opinon list it saids the girl hates hand job and anal sex
but she always want to do hand job and anal sex
its a waste.. sex options always follows the arouse level

Aug 30, 2018
I appreciate the feedback and I agree with you that this is important and I want to make sure it works right.

However, there's no minimum images required, at least not intentional. I just started a game with no images and it worked fine. Well, if all images being the masked images can be called fine. But it worked as intended. There must be something else going on. The only images that are required are those in the Defaults directory. If you remove those, then yes, you can get some unexpected issues. The Red Question mark thumbnail is used for when someone hasn't been assigned an image (images are assigned when the MC meets them). In theory that should never happen in the contact list (can happen when you look at another club's employees). So for some reason is not assigning images correctly.

I'll play more with it and see if I can come up with a reason for that issue.

There's a log fine in C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player.log that may have info on what's going on. If you really want to help me you can post here as an attachment if it's not too large.
So at first, I had assumed that I had made a mistake and removed the images after starting a game, but this time I have confirmed the "placeholder icon" and a blank character portrait. What I have done is remove one female model (all of her sets), and about 13 male sets, including all of the "default" sets, and did this prior to starting a new game. I think removing the "default" males might be what broke this. There is probably a minimum threshold to keep the town populated (both males and females), after which, we get a "placeholder" icon/portrait set, if the default sets are removed. Not sure what that number is, but I've obviously gone over it by removing the 13 male sets and all of the defaults. Probably, if I left at least one default set in the folder, the game could use that single set over and over as we see with the late game pre-Bethany Update. Once again, great game, and this is so minor, it's not really a bug, and will probably not be an issue with another Image Pack Update, where we have more slack to prune undesirables.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023
I agree, I have a girlfriend that hates "cheating on partner" Hates "Casual sex" LOVES "Monogamy"......Still cheated on me, I mean what's the point of changing opinion? It does nothing but make me angry lol

ehesse

Jan 6, 2018
Interesting game, but very demanding on hardware. With the mb video crash often when the pagefie.sys go over 18Gb, with the nVidia inside card no crashes(laptop). How can enable the cheat console ?. With Notepad++ i did some changes for testing (mother-both sis recognise her, aunt-mo-recognise the new sis-dont), room_constr_speed float 0.05 build time max 1 week. The skip day is bugged. MC max relationship is only gf ? Multiple gf have a tricky meeting demand :)

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Interesting game, but very demanding on hardware.
Not really, it needs a bit of processing power due to all the people and varibales, but not to much.
RAM yeah it takes up quite a bit after some time, last run after several hours, had me sitting at 6gigs, but with 32 available i dont care.

With the mb video crash often when the pagefie.sys go over 18Gb, with the nVidia inside card no crashes(laptop).
Well if you meant the first as the CPU integrated videocard...no surprise there, their RAM is limited and so are their capabilities.
the Nvidia Card usually ha its own and more and faster RAM.
in effect you need to put mor data to the page or swapfile file with the on CPU chip, also systems usually try to put things in the much faster system RAM first before going to pagefile.
But when using an internal GPU that takes from the RAM that gets a little more complicated and often forces more data directly into pagefile.

How can enable the cheat console ?.
You open the user config dat file in the gamefolder
and under the # marked comments:
dev_mode bool true

after that its only depending on your keyboard/system layout which button opens it.
on my german its the Ö key

With Notepad++ i did some changes for testing (mother-both sis recognise her, aunt-mo-recognise the new sis-dont), room_constr_speed float 0.05 build time max 1 week. The skip day is bugged. MC max relationship is only gf ? Multiple gf have a tricky meeting demand :)
Nice one with the room contruction speed.
The relations thing is another topic...
And with the girlfriends...well you can have a shitton and a boatload of them, but you wont get anything else done, with all the dates, flirts and so on....not to mention that they are alwas disrupting sexy time and are on each others throats, demanding you to get rid of the others and seemingly neiter of them wants to share not even a trio seems possible so far...not to mention a real Harem...

Aug 30, 2018
I've played as male and female, and noticed this. I played one game where I had 4 gfs as a male and I had them in pairs blocking the other every date, so it actually kind of worked when I had to get things done. OFC, when you actually want to go on the date, is when it becomes a problem.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
These opinions are just one factor of about a dozen. Even if they hate an activity, they will do it if other factors are favorable. When I have a chance I'll check the calculations to make sure it's working as designed.

I agree, I have a girlfriend that hates "cheating on partner" Hates "Casual sex" LOVES "Monogamy"......Still cheated on me, I mean what's the point of changing opinion? It does nothing but make me angry lol
That's interesting, unlike the sex opinions that have a lot of other factors involved, they shouldn't cheat if they are that strongly against it. Those 3 that you quote should make it almost impossible for them to cheat. Internally that would put them at -110 where it takes a 0 for it to never happen. So I'll have to take a look to make sure I don't have a sign backwards or something.

So at first, I had assumed that I had made a mistake and removed the images after starting a game, but this time I have confirmed the "placeholder icon" and a blank character portrait. What I have done is remove one female model (all of her sets), and about 13 male sets, including all of the "default" sets, and did this prior to starting a new game. I think removing the "default" males might be what broke this. There is probably a minimum threshold to keep the town populated (both males and females), after which, we get a "placeholder" icon/portrait set, if the default sets are removed. Not sure what that number is, but I've obviously gone over it by removing the 13 male sets and all of the defaults. Probably, if I left at least one default set in the folder, the game could use that single set over and over as we see with the late game pre-Bethany Update. Once again, great game, and this is so minor, it's not really a bug, and will probably not be an issue with another Image Pack Update, where we have more slack to prune undesirables.
The images in Defaults should not be deleted. Those are the last resort images to be used when we ran out of images to use. The more images you have installed, the less the chance of that happening. Note that they don't back each other up, there's 10 sets, 1 for each gender/ethnicity combination. If that particular image is missing, then you will get a blank image.

Interesting game, but very demanding on hardware. With the mb video crash often when the pagefie.sys go over 18Gb, with the nVidia inside card no crashes(laptop). How can enable the cheat console ?. With Notepad++ i did some changes for testing (mother-both sis recognise her, aunt-mo-recognise the new sis-dont), room_constr_speed float 0.05 build time max 1 week. The skip day is bugged. MC max relationship is only gf ? Multiple gf have a tricky meeting demand :)
Someone explained above how to turn on the console so won't repeat that here. As for the graphics, the game doesn't do anything fancy with graphics and I've turned off most advanced stuff in the Unity build as it's not needed. The game does suck up a lot of memory but I think that's Unity being inefficient at memory allocation and garbage collection. At some point I'm going to take a look at that an see if there's something I can or should do the help it do a better job managing the memory footprint of the game. Game data, it's really not that much. The biggest save file I've generated is barely over 20MB which is nothing.

If you change a relationship in the game, the game will not update the other relationships to make them consistent. You will need to make all those changes. And I don't know what you mean by skip day.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
And with the girlfriends...well you can have a shitton and a boatload of them, but you wont get anything else done, with all the dates, flirts and so on....not to mention that they are alwas disrupting sexy time and are on each others throats, demanding you to get rid of the others and seemingly neiter of them wants to share not even a trio seems possible so far...not to mention a real Harem...
For managing multiple gf, it's very hard and mostly not worth the hassle. The next version will make a bit easier. But still challenging. For now concentrate on low will power gfs. Those are the most likely to put up with you. And then change their opinions on cheating and monogamy and marriage. Threesomes are not yet implemented, but that's will come in the future.

Jul 18, 2023
That's interesting, unlike the sex opinions that have a lot of other factors involved, they shouldn't cheat if they are that strongly against it. Those 3 that you quote should make it almost impossible for them to cheat. Internally that would put them at -110 where it takes a 0 for it to never happen. So I'll have to take a look to make sure I don't have a sign backwards or something.
And yet here it is! forget the two "had sex(other)" That was before we got together, so I changed her opinion on those three, then we got together and then she did the "Had Anal Sex(Other)" but you know that by just looking at it. I hope we get the chance to tell ex's exactly why we are breaking up, because a guilt variable would be massive, I would also like the option to punch her lights out and leave her face down in a river lol
scw1.png
Thank you btw for taking the time to answer, much appreciated.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Hang on... the "Had Anal Sex (Other)" that's her opinion of you, and it was you who did the cheating and her opinion of you went down by 32 points. The "Has Another" also refers to you and because she hates cheating an all that, its a massive -85 point impact.

Jul 18, 2023
Hang on... the "Had Anal Sex (Other)" that's her opinion of you, and it was you who did the cheating and her opinion of you went down by 32 points. The "Has Another" also refers to you and because she hates cheating an all that, its a massive -85 point impact.
How do you explain the "had sex (other) before we were together then? That can't refer to me surely, how would she even know about it? I had no girlfriend at all at that point.
Edit:- So if I make her hate small talk and gossip, she'll never find out??

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
How do you explain the "had sex (other) before we were together then? That can't refer to me surely, how would she even know about it? I had no girlfriend at all at that point.
Edit:- So if I make her hate small talk and gossip, she'll never find out??
She doesn't have to be officially your girlfriend to get any of the "did sex act with other". All it needs to be is to be somewhat interested in you and she will get annoyed at you. The "Has Another" however is because she's your GF which

Hating gossip and small talk will help as that will make them less sociable in general and less likely to become friends with someone else. But eventually she will find out. Hating gossip will make it less like it to share it. So what you want to do is make the girl you were fooling with to hate gossip so she won't tell her friends. Also the more she likes you the less likely she is to share it. Also, the less likely they are to interact the better. If the two work together, well, that's just asking for trouble. But if they rarely see each other, you can get away with it for longer.

Reactions: josephinewaters
Jul 18, 2023
She doesn't have to be officially your girlfriend to get any of the "did sex act with other". All it needs to be is to be somewhat interested in you and she will get annoyed at you. The "Has Another" however is because she's your GF which

Hating gossip and small talk will help as that will make them less sociable in general and less likely to become friends with someone else. But eventually she will find out. Hating gossip will make it less like it to share it. So what you want to do is make the girl you were fooling with to hate gossip so she won't tell her friends. Also the more she likes you the less likely she is to share it. Also, the less likely they are to interact the better. If the two work together, well, that's just asking for trouble. But if they rarely see each other, you can get away with it for longer.
So where is my "gossip diary" about them? I don't remember half the crap I'm told by others! So, if you would be so kind, may I have my own little black book that gives me the low down on them? Because, as it stands, apart from what I remember, I have no log of their misdoings what so ever. Does that make sense? The PI only tells me what they like and don't like, but nothing about their misadventures which kinda makes them a waste of space really and there is no way in hell that I'm writing everything down that I hear. You do get what I mean don't you? They have a whole timeline on me, whereas I have nothing on them!

Last edited:

ehesse

Jan 6, 2018
Skip day is down right ">>" (next day). Press it 2-3 times and when you get message the game is frozen.

krozus

Mar 18, 2019
Skip day is down right ">>" (next day). Press it 2-3 times and when you get message the game is frozen.
I experience the same.
Pass time on the left side is doing its job, Next tick at he right bottom is crashing sometimes and next day the game is crashing after using it max 3 times.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Thanks, I did find a bug there. Will be fixed in the next version. For now, avoid clicking on the >>, specially as you get deeper in the game. If there are more than 4 or 5 interruptions, the game may get stuck in an infinite loop.

Reactions: josephinewaters

labatadoria

Aug 16, 2019
I want to begin by saying that the character portraits are, in general, extremely impressive! Great range of body types, ethnicities, and so on! That said, after having played a lot more extensively, there's a pretty major range between the best quality character portraits and the worst. I'd consider doing a second pass for portraits that have major errors (ie. two necks meshed together at a broken angle; heads set into the torso with an air gap surrounding the neck; broken eyes/mouths; double upper-lips; etc.) and replacing them early on, as the issues will only become more challenging to correct later if additional portrait types (ie. masturbation, cumshots, etc.) are added. If it'd be helpful, I'd be happy to list the ones where I spotted major issues. They can be pretty jarring compared to the high-quality portraits, and even if they were removed, I think it would be better than having them in direct contrast to the great ones.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes