3.50 star(s) 19 Votes
Aug 30, 2018
Thank you for replying btw!

You can remove images you don't like by just deleting their files although doing this while a game is in progress may result in errors on unknown severity. I try to keep them realistic but every once in a while the AI comes up with something outlandish that's interesting enough that I have to keep it. And some people like the cartoon proportions.
For an experiment, I tried removing several image sets (about 5 from the two male folders) and (1 from, 1 of the 4 female folders). I didn't delete, I just created sub-folders and moved these out of the game directory (the engine will scan subfolders within the image folders and pull images to use in-game btw). I might have pruned too much. I started a new game after the edits, and within a few strangers, I meet a person with a name, characteristics, but no image (blank white placeholder image). In the "contacts" screen, there is a red question mark in place of the thumbnail portrait. Perhaps there is a minimum amount of sets in each of the SCW folders (1,2,3, 4, males, etc?), or perhaps a minimum amount of males / females required by the engine that draws from the 6 image folders (with your Bethany expansion). Just to let you know. I figured that this will probably be one of the heaviest areas of modding in the future (as people want to remove and perhaps add their own), so I wanted to let you know of what seems to be a minimum amount of sets required by the game. Please let me know, what this threshold of characters is, or how many image sets is safe to be removed in either male or female categories. Thank you ahead of time.

Last edited:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Hanging out needs some tweaking. Despite the girl being horny as hell, healthy and high energy the system just kept asking if I wanted something to drink repeatedly till we had to leave. It will also do this for any of the potential events and being able to make a move

sex is a bit slow too. She wants you bad but with having to make out 10 times then groping 20, then fingering, you cum in your pants 2 or 3 times before sex is even on the table. And I have an energy of 75. You have to bang a super slut before anything happens really. And the character is my girlfriend.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Crosse and wjrjbnjd

reblek

Jan 14, 2021
So I've tried re-installing (at different locations) and re-downloading a few times and it seems completely broken for me.

Fresh v0.4b install. Unzip in whatever folder then add image packs per the "HOWTO". Also tried it with just the first image pack.
  • NPC opinion of MC shown as ¤¤¤/xxx
  • Only fair wage costs $ other options shown as costing $0 and if I choose the highest paying option for example the employee has a $0/h wage
  • Adding a kitchen cost $0
  • Only the average quality alcohol costs money. Other options at $0
  • After having the bar open for a few days "visitors" are in the negative billions. Maintenance was also negative some big number
  • No NPCs at any locations I visited except the workers at different businesses and the clerk at city hall
  • Nothing happens when clicking the "check out book" option
  • Nothing happens when texting someone to "meet up"
Thanks for that info. This and the other similar issues reported today appear to be an issue when Windows is setup for a non-US region, related to number formats (i.e. 1,23 instead of US 1.23). This was reported with the last update and I put in a fix but I missed at least one place and for some reason my testing didn't show it. I will make another fix that hopefully should take care of it.
Changing my regional format to "English(USA)" seems to have fixed all the issues I had.

amok1301

Feb 10, 2018
so i started a new game with the new updates, i still believe this game has the potential to be iconic, bar management plus society corruption is my type of game , however, there are some points I would like to share :
1- The locker room needed to hire more staff, you do not know that your current locker rooms are not enough until you stop receiving job applications .. let's say you have 1 out of 2 bartender then you will not be able to hire more until you build staff locker room
2- the building is taking so much time. which is making the game progress very slow , reduction of building time will give the game speed boost IMO
3- stamina ( using and regenerating ) is very annoying. do excersise then your stamina is 0 , even your endurance is 100 , strength 100 still you will go to 0
sleep and it will generate 20 only ,
4- it had been said in earlier post , sex should be like a prize ,, something to enjoy ,, most of the events will end bcause you or the partner runs out of stamina , and it is happening a lot ,, say you arranged a date with one of your staff , she will still carry her work stamina ,, so when you both meet , she will end the scene due to fatigue ,
making the sex scene like stamina managment . it really annoys
5- opinion of the people around you will change for no clear reason , say one of your staff has 100 affection , the next day it is 70 for no clear reason ,, few days later and it like 20
6-looking at every charachter abilities in game it varies frim -100 to 100
which really makes it very grinding , why not to keep it range from 0 to 100 .. every one starts from 0 .. (say you do not know how to have sex then it is 0 not -100 )
7- pool issue , it is still glitching the game , had to edit the same and rename the pool to another room to keep the game going
8- food and drinks refill when your bar fame goes up , it becomes very annoying , almost every day you have to check inventroy and buy drinks ad food yourself , despite having marketing staff who has within his duties to restock inventory ,
many time you will run out of drinks or food , so what is the point to have marketing memeber
9- i would love to see some spice added to the sex events , like positions , toys use, or short clips ,not just the AI image ,
however i have to say AI images are great and the hard work being done here should be appreciated
10 - swaying the asexual characters, or homosexual characters seems not working , i mean i have swayd lesbians to love every single opinion about males, changed opinion to love every possible sex interaction, but still she will not go out on date beacsue she is not attracting to the opposite gender

i will be waiting for the new coming update , hoping to see this game goes far to glory

Aug 9, 2018
Really need to work on ways to thin the flood of applications and general whining. Maxed out staff numbers for certain roles and also giving them 2 days off a week doesn't seem to cut it beyond having them work up the chain through roles that can train endurance.

Am wasting so much time forgetting what a person's hidden stat values are, such as Courage etc. Needs to be trackable somehow. When a manager tells me they uncovered someone's stat and it's not trackable, it's just another alert in a sea of them.

If staff never improve at other venues, there should be a way to instantly reject applications on the grounds of having bad traits without social penalty. 'Yes, I get that you're keen for a job after your sixth application, but having -95 sociability and -30 lewdness isn't conducive to a stripper's role. How would you like to be a restroom attendant instead?'

Also seeing way too many instances of Opinion RNG producing dodgy results. ie. Having the value go down when you've let someone rest in your office.

Game has potential as a management sim, but it devolves into busy work.

• Haha
Reactions: josephinewaters

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
How do you fire an employee?
You interact with them when they are at work and select "Fire Employee" from the list of interactions. However, if you can't fire someone that you hired less than 30 days ago. That's probably what you are running into.

So how do I add my own girls? Can I only add images in the character folders which be randomly assigned? Is there a certain way this image files must be named? Is there a fixed resolution required? I can't find a file describing how to make my own image packs.
I'll post instructions on how to do this at some point. I want to make sure things are stable enough so that I don't have to change that process afterwards.

is there any video in this or only images
No videos, only images.

Would deleting all or most of the male images break the game? I really could do without the clutter.
You would get pretty much the same image (one of the masked images) for all men. Current saves would break though, you would need to start a new game.

I'm sorry I'm dumb I want to play with the cheats, is there like list of attrs, laws, and flags somewhere? I've figured out how to list characters.
There's a cheatsheet.txt file that's created in the runtime folder when you turn the console on, that has a lot of info on it. You can probably find the attributes in it quite easily as they are towards the top. You can also look at a person via the dump command and see what the attributes are. Laws are not in the cheatsheet file and that's an oversight. You can find them however in the laws.txt file in the data folder. (There are files for the attributes as well in that folder). Flags are not listed anywhere as they are temporary and there's a ton of them and are used for very specific cases.

So I can't tell if changing opinion does anything. I don't think changing opinion about appearance actively changes the att number, and even after changing opinion about work/type of work the happiness seems to grow at roughly the same rate? A lot of it has a range of numbers so I can't really tell, but :/
If you are tall and you change someone's opinion about Tall Characters to Like/Love they should both like you more. You should see the "Is Tall" modifier for that person then. For instance, Is Tall adds at most 5 points. The more they already like you, the less impact it has thought. But for attraction wow, you did identify a bug. The attraction number is not currently changing based on the attraction attributes. I will need to fix that. Thanks!

Reactions: SurrealDiagonal

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Thank you for replying btw!

For an experiment, I tried removing several image sets (about 5 from the two male folders) and (1 from, 1 of the 4 female folders). I didn't delete, I just created sub-folders and moved these out of the game directory (the engine will scan subfolders within the image folders and pull images to use in-game btw). I might have pruned too much. I started a new game after the edits, and within a few strangers, I meet a person with a name, characteristics, but no image (blank white placeholder image). In the "contacts" screen, there is a red question mark in place of the thumbnail portrait. Perhaps there is a minimum amount of sets in each of the SCW folders (1,2,3, 4, males, etc?), or perhaps a minimum amount of males / females required by the engine that draws from the 6 image folders (with your Bethany expansion). Just to let you know. I figured that this will probably be one of the heaviest areas of modding in the future (as people want to remove and perhaps add their own), so I wanted to let you know of what seems to be a minimum amount of sets required by the game. Please let me know, what this threshold of characters is, or how many image sets is safe to be removed in either male or female categories. Thank you ahead of time.
I appreciate the feedback and I agree with you that this is important and I want to make sure it works right.

However, there's no minimum images required, at least not intentional. I just started a game with no images and it worked fine. Well, if all images being the masked images can be called fine. But it worked as intended. There must be something else going on. The only images that are required are those in the Defaults directory. If you remove those, then yes, you can get some unexpected issues. The Red Question mark thumbnail is used for when someone hasn't been assigned an image (images are assigned when the MC meets them). In theory that should never happen in the contact list (can happen when you look at another club's employees). So for some reason is not assigning images correctly.

I'll play more with it and see if I can come up with a reason for that issue.

There's a log fine in C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player.log that may have info on what's going on. If you really want to help me you can post here as an attachment if it's not too large.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I'll post instructions on how to do this at some point. I want to make sure things are stable enough so that I don't have to change that process afterwards.
I was curious about this too. You may look into the way brothel king by Goldo does the image packs. You have a folder for the girl, then the images are tagged so they are picked by the game for the appropriate scenes. Theres a renpy game built for tagging the images. That way if we wanted to replace them with image packs via HS, Koikatsu, Daz or just more varied AI generated it would be possible and easy in the long run.

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
I think my game is bugged or something, i'm not getting any visitors even though i do have alcohol and bartenders 1706384834805.png
this is my second save file
on my firt save file i'm at may 7th als with 0 visitors in total
also, why are some employees abnormally expensive and others aren't?

1st save file
1706385005956.png

2nd save file
1706385067944.png

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I think my game is bugged or something, i'm not getting any visitors even though i do have alcohol and bartenders
this is my second save file
on my firt save file i'm at may 7th als with 0 visitors in total
also, why are some employees abnormally expensive and others aren't?

2nd save file
View attachment 3301543
The issue is a bug with the game that it's reading my data files with numbers in the US format (1,234.56) when the PC is setup to use the European format (1.234,56). I thought I had caught those issues last time, but there are some that I miss. So yeah it won't work and the numbers are all out of whack. Sorry about that. The next release should have a fix for that.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I did a reinstall. Deleted everything, downloaded the game again, and reinstalled using the same steps as before. Now everything seems to be working the way it's supposed to! No idea what might've gone wrong the first time.

United States and English (United States).

Enjoying the framework so far, but with some caveats. I hope this isn't taken as begging or demanding, but I did have some thoughts while playing that I thought I'd share, in case they're useful. Keep up the great work!
Glad that the reinstall worked. Weird.

Thanks for the feedback... I pretty much agree with everything you said and things that are not in the game now is mostly due to the current stage of development rather than not wanting that stuff in.

so i started a new game with the new updates, i still believe this game has the potential to be iconic, bar management plus society corruption is my type of game , however, there are some points I would like to share :
5- opinion of the people around you will change for no clear reason , say one of your staff has 100 affection , the next day it is 70 for no clear reason ,, few days later and it like 20

i will be waiting for the new coming update , hoping to see this game goes far to glory
Thanks for the feedback. All your points are valid and like the previous one is all stuff that I hope to fix soon. However, point 5 is bit confusing to me. Opinion shouldn't change that much that fast. The system is designed to be slow in both directions. There's only a couple of big events that can cause a major change like that and you shouldn't have missed them (and should be clear from the character screen what happened). So I would appreciate any more details you can provide so I can figure out why is doing that.

Really need to work on ways to thin the flood of applications and general whining. Maxed out staff numbers for certain roles and also giving them 2 days off a week doesn't seem to cut it beyond having them work up the chain through roles that can train endurance.

Am wasting so much time forgetting what a person's hidden stat values are, such as Courage etc. Needs to be trackable somehow. When a manager tells me they uncovered someone's stat and it's not trackable, it's just another alert in a sea of them.

If staff never improve at other venues, there should be a way to instantly reject applications on the grounds of having bad traits without social penalty. 'Yes, I get that you're keen for a job after your sixth application, but having -95 sociability and -30 lewdness isn't conducive to a stripper's role. How would you like to be a restroom attendant instead?'

Also seeing way too many instances of Opinion RNG producing dodgy results. ie. Having the value go down when you've let someone rest in your office.

Game has potential as a management sim, but it devolves into busy work.
In the next update, the job application process has been revamped to greatly reduce the spam and give you a lot more control over the jobs you want people applying for. The penalty for refusing an application is still there though, the person with horrible traits doesn't think their traits are horrible and won't give you a free pass for it. However, they should be much less likely to apply again after being rejected.

Not sure what you mean by the hidden stat values. Once you learn of someone's stat, it stays known to you and will be listed in the character detail page.

As for the opinion changes, what you describe happens. It's the result of recalculating a person's opinion and using a lot more data than just the positive event that just happened. I realize this is confusing and a bad experience so I'm looking to find a better way to present it.

Reactions: labatadoria
Aug 9, 2018
In the next update, the job application process has been revamped to greatly reduce the spam and give you a lot more control over the jobs you want people applying for. The penalty for refusing an application is still there though, the person with horrible traits doesn't think their traits are horrible and won't give you a free pass for it. However, they should be much less likely to apply again after being rejected.

Not sure what you mean by the hidden stat values. Once you learn of someone's stat, it stays known to you and will be listed in the character detail page.

As for the opinion changes, what you describe happens. It's the result of recalculating a person's opinion and using a lot more data than just the positive event that just happened. I realize this is confusing and a bad experience so I'm looking to find a better way to present it.
Didn't realise the name and opinion / attraction banner reveals everything about the person.

I've been handicapping myself the whole time. :p

Quorizon

Jul 19, 2018
the new image pack has the head right but the paperdolls seem to be the default. the images aren't named with the exact same set of characters after eg. 150xxxxxxxxx. changing those to match seems to set the pictures right after you restart and encounter the character again.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Is it me or you can't hire anyone for the game room and security office? Or at least it doesn't look like building those rooms allowed me to hire more employees, and firing someone didn't seem to let me hire anyone for those positions.

Also, the changelog says the security room can be upgraded but it doesn't look like I can upgrade it in my save, is there some kind of requirement?

EDIT: Or is there a way to somehow raise the employee cap with cheats or anything? Because looking at the "facilities" tab in "manage club" I have like 58 positions but can only have 37 employees...

Last edited:

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
The issue is a bug with the game that it's reading my data files with numbers in the US format (1,234.56) when the PC is setup to use the European format (1.234,56). I thought I had caught those issues last time, but there are some that I miss. So yeah it won't work and the numbers are all out of whack. Sorry about that. The next release should have a fix for that.
okay, thanks for the explanation, do you maybe have an ez fix for me or do you maybe have an estimate on the next release?

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes