3.50 star(s) 19 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I downloaded the packs and unpacked them into the game folder, but I only meet male characters, no women
That's odd. Either you have the worst luck ever or there's something really wrong with how the images were installed. The images directory need to be installed in characters folder of the main game directory. There should be the following folders under characters:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The numbers could be different depending on which image pack you installed. But make sure that it looks like that and that there are like 300+ files in the scw_males directories and 500+ in the scw1/2.

I like the concept, but I am having trouble getting much of anything done in the game when it comes to sleeping around. All of the girls have "NaN" as their opinions of me; I'm not sure if this is because they're unknown, or an error, as I've spent months trying to seduce some of them without any luck. Honestly, making things a lot easier would be helpful (assuming this isn't an error).

There are a lot of things that I can't tell whether they're bugs, incomplete, or working as intended. I haven't been able to get a girl to go out on a date with me, getting a dialogue box and "At least I tried" or something like that, and the "Ask to meet up" texting option just closes the texting window.

One definite bug: I can't get girls into a relationship because they say that I'm already dating "???" and they don't want to be a third wheel, despite my being single.

Also I see that bestiality is a fetish; are we going to get some content on this front soon?
The "NaN" stuff seems like some sort of installation or configuration issue. Everyone you have met should have an opinion of you and it should be visible. Not even sure how that can happen. These issues are too big to be simple bugs. I assume you did install at least one image pack? I would try re-installing again. Try it on a new directory not overwriting the current one and make sure the images are right (see the answer above). Something got out of whack. I wish I could help you more but would need more details.

I have a strange bug. The initial girl your brother suggests you grant an interview, he says she will be there day after tomorrow, but weeks go by and nothing happens.. Last version you could advertise to hire, this time you cant. And I can't talk to any of the strangers. Nor the Restaurant employee. Also I have a library book but no way to use it. All the bars have no alcohol, no way to buy alcohol or open. its like nothing is functional
So the first issue is probably nothing... People sometimes don't show to interviews. In this case it would happen if she took another job between the message from your brother and the time of the interview. It's unlikely but it can happen. And the library book is a passive, you just hold on to it and you learn from it without actually having to say read book. But the rest sounds like there's something wrong. Perhaps like the previous post. Check your image pack install as well as I explain at the top of this post.

is it possible that you could add allowing more locker rooms as getting maxed out at 36 employees limits the size of growth of the club as there is too many upgrades and not enough staff to cover these. The game also keeps telling me I dont have enough room for everyone that wishes to come yet I am stuck. Keep up the great work loving it
Yes, I haven't done so because there aren't enough character images to go around to give every club 40+ employees. By the time you get there, the content is a bit limited and you will be spammed with warnings that you can't do anything about it. Eventually it will work, that's the current limit of the development.

any chance of a Linux version. It does not seem to work with wine, PlayOnLinux, or Lutris.
Not for a while. Need to get the Windows version to a stable enough state before I worry about that or MacOS.

reblek

Jan 14, 2021
So I've tried re-installing (at different locations) and re-downloading a few times and it seems completely broken for me.

Fresh v0.4b install. Unzip in whatever folder then add image packs per the "HOWTO". Also tried it with just the first image pack.
  • NPC opinion of MC shown as ¤¤¤/xxx
  • Only fair wage costs $ other options shown as costing $0 and if I choose the highest paying option for example the employee has a $0/h wage
  • Adding a kitchen cost $0
  • Only the average quality alcohol costs money. Other options at $0
  • After having the bar open for a few days "visitors" are in the negative billions. Maintenance was also negative some big number
  • No NPCs at any locations I visited except the workers at different businesses and the clerk at city hall
  • Nothing happens when clicking the "check out book" option
  • Nothing happens when texting someone to "meet up"

Chase0074

May 23, 2020
That's odd. Either you have the worst luck ever or there's something really wrong with how the images were installed. The images directory need to be installed in characters folder of the main game directory. There should be the following folders under characters:

The numbers could be different depending on which image pack you installed. But make sure that it looks like that and that there are like 300+ files in the scw_males directories and 500+ in the scw1/2.

The "NaN" stuff seems like some sort of installation or configuration issue. Everyone you have met should have an opinion of you and it should be visible. Not even sure how that can happen. These issues are too big to be simple bugs. I assume you did install at least one image pack? I would try re-installing again. Try it on a new directory not overwriting the current one and make sure the images are right (see the answer above). Something got out of whack. I wish I could help you more but would need more details.

So the first issue is probably nothing... People sometimes don't show to interviews. In this case it would happen if she took another job between the message from your brother and the time of the interview. It's unlikely but it can happen. And the library book is a passive, you just hold on to it and you learn from it without actually having to say read book. But the rest sounds like there's something wrong. Perhaps like the previous post. Check your image pack install as well as I explain at the top of this post.

Yes, I haven't done so because there aren't enough character images to go around to give every club 40+ employees. By the time you get there, the content is a bit limited and you will be spammed with warnings that you can't do anything about it. Eventually it will work, that's the current limit of the development.

Not for a while. Need to get the Windows version to a stable enough state before I worry about that or MacOS.
everything is installed exactly right
изображение_2024-01-26_205622245.png
and in the game I did come across one woman, but like men, she has this error hanging over her
and in the city other clubs immediately begin to go bankrupt, and in Player.log there are DEBUG messages, I don’t know if this affects anything or not

Last edited:

Blazehoof

Oct 20, 2017
So I've tried re-installing (at different locations) and re-downloading a few times and it seems completely broken for me.

Fresh v0.4b install. Unzip in whatever folder then add image packs per the "HOWTO". Also tried it with just the first image pack.
  • Only fair wage costs $ other options shown as costing $0 and if I choose the highest paying option for example the employee has a $0/h wage
  • After having the bar open for a few days "visitors" are in the negative billions. Maintenance was also negative some big number
  • No NPCs at any locations I visited except the workers at different businesses and the clerk at city hall
The same thing happened to me too.
I also can't generate any money.

Reactions: Ghnbb

qwertzasdfyx

Mar 1, 2019
So how do I add my own girls? Can I only add images in the character folders which be randomly assigned? Is there a certain way this image files must be named? Is there a fixed resolution required? I can't find a file describing how to make my own image packs.

Ghnbb

Jul 2, 2017

Same. I also have this text in my \AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player file

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
yeah i reinstalled the whole thing. it worked after

sparksster

Feb 15, 2020
Sadly, it does not work under wine. I starts, but all the controls are empty after the intro.
No available setting, no error. Just does not work.
It is a filename case sensitivity issue most probably, as with all windows.

So this is for windows only, as correctly stated on the first page.
Install and try Q4Wine, It runs fine, I can run this game in both Wine and Q4wine , maybe you need to update your version.
I am using LMDE5 (Debian)
Wine V1.3.12
with Q4wine : QT GUI for wine V1.3.12 (this helps you set up a desktop to run it in)
find these with your software manager
I have had zero errors
good luck

Another tip for wine, you will need to install Microsoft Fonts. Download the free Microsoft fonts zip file from the Microsoft webpage for windows 10 or 11, then install the fonts in /.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts folder.

I Just upgraded to LMDE6, the game still works flawless for me with Wine and Q4wine.

Last edited:

StevenStyle2

Feb 25, 2020
I am currently facing a bug were the maintenance overflows and reaches somewhere in the negative 4 billion, this also causes Visits to become negative 1 billion. Long story short i am broke. Is this bug already know? This game looks interesting to me but the spiralling debt makes it kinda hard to progress.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Crosse and reblek

labatadoria

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for getting back to me on this! Going to try to reinstall tonight and see if I can fix it. I installed it at the same directory I always install things at (a folder on my C drive) by using 7-Zip to extract to a folder named after the file. I then added the image pack folders to the "Characters" section so scw_males1, etc. were in the same directory as Defaults. I used Notepad++ to enable the taboo content from the config as per the instructions in the config, but was running into this issue before I did that. Is there any information I can provide you to help diagnose what might've gone wrong?

Edit: Is it because I modified the config file directly? I now see I wasn't supposed to do that. All I did was enable all of the excluded content.

Last edited:

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Same. I also have this text in my \AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player file
Thanks for that info. This and the other similar issues reported today appear to be an issue when Windows is setup for a non-US region, related to number formats (i.e. 1,23 instead of US 1.23). This was reported with the last update and I put in a fix but I missed at least one place and for some reason my testing didn't show it. I will make another fix that hopefully should take care of it.

Reactions: Ghnbb

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Thanks for getting back to me on this! Going to try to reinstall tonight and see if I can fix it. I installed it at the same directory I always install things at (a folder on my C drive) by using 7-Zip to extract to a folder named after the file. I then added the image pack folders to the "Characters" section so scw_males1, etc. were in the same directory as Defaults. I used Notepad++ to enable the taboo content from the config as per the instructions in the config, but was running into this issue before I did that. Is there any information I can provide you to help diagnose what might've gone wrong?
Let me know what region you have your PC set to... Under Settings -> Time & Language -> Language & Region then check what it says for "Country or Region" and "Regional Format". I want to set up a test machine as close as possible to reproduce this issue.
Thanks.

tab2

Pull it!
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I'm sorry I'm dumb I want to play with the cheats, is there like list of attrs, laws, and flags somewhere? I've figured out how to list characters.

Naturalrice

May 27, 2017
So I can't tell if changing opinion does anything. I don't think changing opinion about appearance actively changes the att number, and even after changing opinion about work/type of work the happiness seems to grow at roughly the same rate? A lot of it has a range of numbers so I can't really tell, but :/

labatadoria

Aug 16, 2019
I did a reinstall. Deleted everything, downloaded the game again, and reinstalled using the same steps as before. Now everything seems to be working the way it's supposed to! No idea what might've gone wrong the first time.

Let me know what region you have your PC set to... Under Settings -> Time & Language -> Language & Region then check what it says for "Country or Region" and "Regional Format". I want to set up a test machine as close as possible to reproduce this issue.
Thanks.
United States and English (United States).

Enjoying the framework so far, but with some caveats. I hope this isn't taken as begging or demanding, but I did have some thoughts while playing that I thought I'd share, in case they're useful. Keep up the great work!

1) The Sex Sim: Having a good time of things, but the energy requirements are pretty severe when it comes to sex for both partners. A sharp reduction of their cost would really improve things. I've now tried both "low" and "high" level play with a modified save file with high sex stats, and in both cases it felt brief, and usually any orgasms that occurred happened before the actual sex started. High level play should feel more like a fantasy of good sex, and currently it feels a bit more like two virgins going at it for the first time.

2) The Bar Sim: More options for doing things in your bar should be available, and available from the beginning. It feels altogether too passive of an experience, and while this is fine to an extent, given the focus of the game I feel like a greater "Oomph" is required.
If you'll pardon the comparison to Lab Rats 2, it would be a lot like if the serum mixing consisted entirely of inventory management, with none of the effects. Maybe Lab Rats 2 would make for a good model; let us experiment with mixers with different effects, for instance, or chat up patrons of the bar while serving them drinks. Similarly, my employees feel like strangers, especially with the short window they show up for work in a day. Maybe make "Manage Personnel" a single-action thing that allows you to have some interactions with each of your employees (or as many as you want), "Serve Customers" with a social option, etc.

3) Fetishes: I'm excited at some of the fetish content set to come to the game, if the config files are accurate; bestiality is extremely rare in games like this, so that was particularly exciting to see. The incest content is already on the right track, but I will say that it'd be nice to play it up a bit more when you're with your sister (or brother); Lab Rats 2 is again a good example, I think, of playing up this angle, but even better is Insexual Awakening. Some sense that you both know you're crossing some boundaries, and gradually becoming enthusiastic about it, would really help.

4) Portraits: I like the AI portraits more than I was expecting, so great work there! I particularly love the Arab girls in hijab. That said, it would be nice to model a few additional things as a baseline, in my opinion: namely, cum shots and creampies. I'm not sure if there are plans to flesh out things like additional sex positions and whatnot, but it would be extremely awesome if there were also masturbation and sex portraits.

5) Texting: I like how "true to life" the texting mechanic is, but it'd be nice to flesh it out further. Being able to drive girls towards particular fetishes through pics, receiving and sending nudes, etc. are all elements that I think would greatly improve the mechanic. I think receiving nudes in particular would be great; they could also serve as a sort of collectible ala HuniePop.

Edit: Two final points!

6) Character Creation: As it stands, character creation doesn't have much rhyme or reason to it; the stats themselves are fairly unclear, the process of allocation opaque, and, most importantly, it doesn't lend itself to much in the way of customization. Starting with the full character creation screen, a fixed number of stat points, and the ability to select your portrait before the game starts would all be appreciated. I'd also add that I would also suggest making your sibling customizable, as they're a fairly important character. I ended up making a save before meeting them that allowed me to regenerate them until I got the portrait I wanted, but this is a bit overly opaque of a process.

7) Sexual Freedom: After figuring out how to change stamina usage in the config file, I finally got some extended sessions with the sex system. As it stands, moving in a linear progression until the final two stages takes away from a lot of the sense of this being for pleasure. The eagerness of women to go in for anal, and that anal involves both you penetrating them and getting penetrated by a dildo with no control over it, also sapped from the enjoyment, particularly when I saw they harbor a grudge for you refusing it. I would make it a lot more open to players getting to enact their own fantasies; I know in simulation-heavy games there's a tendency to put a maximum emphasis on making numbers move around, but ultimately sex should feel like a reward rather than a linear journey down a fixed path while you manage stamina. Adding more positions that facilitate the sorts of activities players personally enjoy while having variety seems like it'd be vital to making this mechanic appropriately sexy. Lab Rats 2 also bumps into the "sex in a simulation game" problem, but the range of options, along with the sense of progression for pushing people to try new things, makes it a lot more interesting. Honestly, I would venture that the old Illusion games would be a better option; minimize negative effects and put the emphasis on player control and positive outcomes from "winning" the encounter in the first place.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 19 Votes