3.60 star(s) 22 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
They did win both elections.

About the mobster, I have kicked his butt 5 or 6 times. I've stopped playing that save and started over. The game collapses under its own weight at that point, and it's not fun anymore. Too slow. But I have to say, I love this game. Been playing it for weeks.
That's weird on the achievement. I did test it on to make sure it was still working and I got it without issues. The logic to award is very simple, so no clue why it wouldn't have worked in your case. Sorry about that.

For the mobsters, the trick is not to beat them but to present enough strength that they give up. (I may have gotten that wrong before). If you and your bouncers fighting skill is sufficiently higher than theirs, they will decide it's not worth it and stop asking you for money and then you can use them to beat others or make them disappear. For that to happen you will need at least one, but most likely two good bouncers that are in the club when they show up. When the fight is about to start you can call for help and if the bouncers are in the club they will come and help you.

I hoping to add some late game performance improvements soon, because yeah once there are a few hundred characters around, it slows down a lot.

Tried that and it still doesn't work. I even tried going into the save file and gave one of them -100 health and they were still gaining more opinion than what I could decrease it by. They started at 38, I got it down to 32 by non-stop lowering their opinion of one another over the course of roughly three in game weeks, then over a weekend (with one of them being in the negatives in their health stat) it jumped back up to 40. I am convinced it's either not possible due to some oversight in the mechanic or there's some aspect of this I'm just not understanding.

Side note: How low does their opinion of each other even need to be for the break-up to happen?
There's not exact value. The lower it is the better. The higher their opinion of you the better it is too. Think of it as the probability being sort of ratio between those two values. However, breaking people up is HARD. Start by making sure she hates marriage and loves being on her own. Then as tooldev says, make sure she hates the attributes of her partner (if he's tall, make sure she hates tall people). And if they are having sex that will make their opinion go up faster than you can likely bring it down. So make her stop liking sex. The problem is that you do succeed, you are likely to turn her into someone who won't want to go out with you afterwards anyway. So sometimes it may be better to turn the partner against her as you won't care what that person ends up like.

I might be wrong but I am almost certain this was the overall idea of TotalFluke to begin with. Some things can be easily done by just simple opinion play, other situations are supposed to be challenging like incest or breaking up partnerships. You are not supposed to get an easy way out but are meant to devise a strategy to crack that particular egg.
You are so right! And furthermore, there's no guarantee that everything is possible. There's a lot of approaches for doing the same thing, but it can be that the particular attributes of the people involved make something not possible or extremely hard. And here's another hint, always pick Sociability as your highest or second highest trait. If you have low sociability you will have a hard time swaying others or getting to do what you want.

Is it common (late game or other) for a manager to fail on inventory management? I gave her only two duties, hoping to improve this, but I keep having to restock myself.
In the late game when you are selling a lot of booze, it's fairly common. Note that the managers don't work Sundays and Mondays so if you ran out those days, you will need to replenish it yourself. But it can happen on other days too.In general they should check once a day, but sometimes they don't do it, specially if they are tired or their skill is low. It's probably best two assign this task to two managers.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
It appears incest has been stripped away. It's not a sex act option, at least. Is it buried underneath other opinions, and needs to be unlocked?

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
It appears incest has been stripped away. It's not a sex act option, at least. Is it buried underneath other opinions, and needs to be unlocked?
There are 2 files to configure your game - config.dat and user_config.dat. By default the updates will overwrite any changes you made to the default one (config.dat) while the second one has to be created by yourself. You have to create a user_config.dat and set your changes in that one, if you want to keep them in case of updates. You simply add the lines you want to be changed in the user_config.dat, since the game checks automatically, if the file exists and in case it does, it will read the values of that one. You only have to add the lines you want to change, not every single one.

The default one has incest disabled.
1729180969649.png

Reactions: TotalFluke

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
There are 2 files to configure your game - config.dat and user_config.dat. By default the updates will overwrite any changes you made to the default one (config.dat) while the second one has to be created by yourself. You have to create a user_config.dat and set your changes in that one, if you want to keep them in case of updates. You simply add the lines you want to be changed in the user_config.dat, since the game checks automatically, if the file exists and in case it does, it will read the values of that one. You only have to add the lines you want to change, not every single one.

The default one has incest disabled.
View attachment 4142124
Odd. I've never had to create that file before. Ok.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Odd. I've never had to create that file before. Ok.
You dont have to per se, but every game update or new install will revert any changes you made and default back to standard settings. Having the user_config.dat allows you to both update, since the user_config.dat doesnt exist in a default update thus it will not get overwritten, as well as simply move the user_config.dat into any new install and keep your changed settings.

Reactions: TotalFluke

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
You dont have to per se, but every game update or new install will revert any changes you made and default back to standard settings. Having the user_config.dat allows you to both update, since the user_config.dat doesnt exist in a default update thus it will not get overwritten, as well as simply move the user_config.dat into any new install and keep your changed settings.
But incest has been an option all along for me (weeks of play), and I never created that file. Until today.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
But incest has been an option all along for me (weeks of play), and I never created that file. Until today.
I am almost certain the default config.dat has always had incest disabled by default. So you must have edited or replaced it at some time. Unless there was a version that had it enabled by mistake. All versions up to 0.6 had it as default disabled. So either some version made a change or you edited/replaced it and cant recall it, because the last update is as I posted above.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I am almost certain the default config.dat has always had incest disabled by default. So you must have edited or replaced it at some time. Unless there was a version that had it enabled by mistake. All versions up to 0.6 had it as default disabled. So either some version made a change or you edited/replaced it and cant recall it, because the last update is as I posted above.
One thing is certain. I have never created the additional dat file before today. I suppose I could have forgotten editing the default. I am an old man.
The rape taboo is a little useless, and might be fun with a specific target who likes it. I dunno. Haven't seen the racist material show up anywhere yet. Neither of these have been present in any of my playthroughs to date.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
One thing is certain. I have never created the additional dat file before today. I suppose I could have forgotten editing the default. I am an old man.
The rape taboo is a little useless, and might be fun with a specific target who likes it. I dunno. Haven't seen the racist material show up anywhere yet. Neither of these have been present in any of my playthroughs to date.
:ROFLMAO: I am old too. I might have been not precise enough in my wording earlier then: The extra file is only needed to avoid the exact situation, you are experiencing right now. Most people will probably just edit the original file because they didnt read the readme.txt in the game directory ;)

...from the readme.txt

In addition the config.dat file in this directory controls a number of
parameters used by the game. Instead of modifying those parameters in the
config.dat file, modify them instead in the user_config.dat file. Values
defined in the user_config.dat file override those in the config.dat file.
Unlike changes made to config.dat, changes made in the user_config.dat file
are not lost when the game is updated. (If the file doesn't exist, run
the game .exe file and then exit the game. That will initialize the file
so that changes can be made).

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
:ROFLMAO: I am old too. I might have been not precise enough in my wording earlier then: The extra file is only needed to avoid the exact situation, you are experiencing right now. Most people will probably just edit the original file because they didnt read the readme.txt in the game directory ;)

...from the readme.txt

In addition the config.dat file in this directory controls a number of
parameters used by the game. Instead of modifying those parameters in the
config.dat file, modify them instead in the user_config.dat file. Values
defined in the user_config.dat file override those in the config.dat file.
Unlike changes made to config.dat, changes made in the user_config.dat file
are not lost when the game is updated. (If the file doesn't exist, run
the game .exe file and then exit the game. That will initialize the file
so that changes can be made).

Honestly, the paragraph you quoted just confused me. Maybe I have trouble with instructions, but it never says "remove the # and delete the taboo words" to make those things active. A few trials helped me figure that out.
Old and slow. :)

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Let me bring up a typo, plus an error, that have emerged with the new release.

"The price for Cover Charge in {0:sp} clubis now $6.00"

There are others, but mostly confusing whether it's talking about me or someone else. He, she, I, they... pronouns are sometimes interchangeable.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
In the late game when you are selling a lot of booze, it's fairly common. Note that the managers don't work Sundays and Mondays so if you ran out those days, you will need to replenish it yourself. But it can happen on other days too.In general they should check once a day, but sometimes they don't do it, specially if they are tired or their skill is low. It's probably best two assign this task to two managers.
I've got two assigned to inventory, but sadly it still happens. I get busy on other details and forget to check, then suddenly a day has gone by at half normal income. Gotta pay more attention to that. :) Raising the price only helps so much.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I don't know if the issue of displaying double byte text has been resolved, but this determines whether I can start localizing the translation
Afraid not, sorry. I have no idea how to make double byte text work. I looked into it in the past and left me very confused.

Is there a way to rebuilt a room , i need slots for new rooms
Unfortunately no. Once a room is built it can not be changed.

gofile keep poping there a virus so i cant downlaod v 1 and 1,1 i was able earlyer get 102 and 103
When do you get the virus pop up? When you download the file, when you try to open the zip file or when you run the program? Those files haven't been changed since they were first uploaded and no one else has reported that so I'm not sure why you would be seeing that. I did download it and was able to open it with no issues and the zip file is the same as my original. So I don't see how they could have embedded a virus. My guess is a false alarm, but I don't blame you if you don't want to install it.

You can get 1.0 from here too: See if that works. You can skip 1.01 as 1.02 can read the 1.0 saves).

Let me bring up a typo, plus an error, that have emerged with the new release.

"The price for Cover Charge in {0:sp} clubis now $6.00"

There are others, but mostly confusing whether it's talking about me or someone else. He, she, I, they... pronouns are sometimes interchangeable.
Thanks. Adding the character colors to the dialogs required having to change literally thousands of "I" and "You" strings into pronoun codes and some are not being mapped into the proper words. (The missing space in "clubis" however has been there since day 1 lol). I fixed about a dozen similar ones since the update.

I've got two assigned to inventory, but sadly it still happens. I get busy on other details and forget to check, then suddenly a day has gone by at half normal income. Gotta pay more attention to that. :) Raising the price only helps so much.
Employees not doing their job is the most realistic part of this game :D

Reactions: marcocian

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Employees not doing their job is the most realistic part of this game :D
That, and thinking you've swayed a girl to turn a blind eye to your harem, then to learn she's strong-willed and you fooled yourself. :)

I'm having fun with the helicopter mothers. They get freaky, too, and stop bothering me.

I wanted to add a funny quirk I just noticed. I was arriving at a party, when I was notified (interrupted) about a cake incident in the kitchen. After I coaxed the eater to quit, I was then offered the chance to Mingle With the Guests. Odd, but I did get to mingle with the kitchen staff instead. :)

Last edited:

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Still not getting to the point where the mob will work for me. I am never presented any options other than to fight or submit, so I keep kicking the guy's ass. Sometimes I can show them my security team and they leave, but that's it. Could it be I am just misunderstanding the statement "I will do what I want"? It looks like I will let them open the safe, so I never choose it.

I'll add that they once declared an end to the collection attempts as they left. Didn't hold true. And the thug tried to rape me once. I took him to court and he was convicted. Win!

Edit: They're back, the goon tried to rape me, but they were intimidated by my squad. Now promising to come back next month with an offer. A day or so later, I get the chance to report the attempted rape. This time I decided NO. Maybe, just maybe this will work and they will come back peacefully. I probably screwed my chances last time.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes