a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Thank you for your answer, but I need to ask another one-
How do I handle their quickly draining obedience if I can't interact with them?
Social skills need to be used on them and getting the same skill on other NPC's will help you out.
Also some clothes will help slow the loss of obedience.

BLUHR

Oct 25, 2021
Thank you for your answer, but I need to ask another one-
How do I handle their quickly draining obedience if I can't interact with them?
Master has praise and punish. Using either of them on a slave will max out obedience.

Jan 13, 2020
Right- but what do I need to do to unlock dating? The tutorial seemed to touch on everything except how to manage slaves. When i click more info on a slave, then training and rules, everything says null. Including dating.

Last edited:

BLUHR

Oct 25, 2021
Right- but what do I need to do to unlock dating? The tutorial seemed to touch on everything except how to manage slaves. When i click more info on a slave, then training and rules, everything says null. Including dating.
By spending loyalty points. If you double click a character you open the info pages, one of those pages is where you spend loyalty points.

Jan 13, 2020
By spending loyalty points. If you double click a character you open the info pages, one of those pages is where you spend loyalty points.
Right- but it says I have 30 points, and everything says null. When i click the blue upgrade for dating, it asks to unlock, i press yes- but it does nothing, and i can do this infinitely.

Is sandbox mode just outright broken, or am I missing something I'm supposed to do to unlock playing the game?

EDIT: Mods were the problem. For anyone experiencing the same sort of stuff, dump the mods. Especially for a first time playthrough.

Last edited:

BLUHR

Oct 25, 2021
Right- but it says I have 30 points, and everything says null. When i click the blue upgrade for dating, it asks to unlock, i press yes- but it does nothing, and i can do this infinitely.

Also, not sure if this is normal, but I can't travel anywhere. No characters on the left side of the screen. Just says Aliron 4, and nobody shows up under it.
I have clicked litterally everything, to no effect.

Is sandbox mode just outright broken, or am I missing something I'm supposed to do to unlock playing the game?
I never played sandbox mode so idk. but it does sound like it's not at all finished.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It sure would be nice if someone having a problem that they stat there using mods in the first place.

Most players like me never use mods the first time playthrough, that includes all the way until it is finish.
Then and only then will I start using game changing mods.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik — Today at 9:13 AM
Strive Conquest 0.6.4a release
:
Fixed issue with saves
Fixed nereids have incorrect data
Added trait for virginity
1fbV4x.jpg

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
weird difficulty curve. a big rising debt penance to crush you in to a bunch of game overs while trying to figure the systems out. and then a quest trigger takes it away. bizzare design choice.

Reactions: hyfka

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
weird difficulty curve. a big rising debt penance to crush you in to a bunch of game overs while trying to figure the systems out. and then a quest trigger takes it away. bizzare design choice.
You think so?
The debt is forceing the Player to earn money, best way from day 1 onwards gain the support of the Guilds as they pay best for early game Jobs (later completing Dungeons and Crafting Items tends to yield better results).
Also Unlocking Classes, Items/Resources or Services from them is incredible helpfull long term.
Once the debt stops being a danger to MC (which can be as early as week 2 or 3 ingame), the Missions issued by the Guild drive the MC to new Places, Resources and Slaves.
And after that the Story can finally expand to the Conquest Part that the Game title indicated towards

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
You think so?
I would tend to agree that Conquest's debt phase can be overbearing for new players since it's the only time-sensitive challenge in the game, especially if they don't pick up the mayor "out" cue from the quest log. It's surmountable with the benefit of hindsight and experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone make a mod that disables/reduces the debt threshold, if one doesn't exist already.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
You think so?
Pretty much, yeah. The first two are doable, but the thrid onwards can be quite tricky if you don't know how to minmax the system. And even then, it took me a few tries before I grasped how to even get past the first loan, and you can get screwed pretty badly with bad quest RNG.

On that note, in the latest Version Harlots don't come with prostitution unlocked xDD

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Pretty much, yeah. The first two are doable, but the thrid onwards can be quite tricky if you don't know how to minmax the system. And even then, it took me a few tries before I grasped how to even get past the first loan, and you can get screwed pretty badly with bad quest RNG.

On that note, in the latest Version Harlots don't come with prostitution unlocked xDD
I'm able to pay off the loan without doing any quest what so ever, upgrade for more fishing and you make enough money to pay all the loan.
That is after upgrade other resources and get NPC's on them.
Before I even start the mayor's quest I have born in game 4 daughters along with the NPC's you get for joining one of the guilds and this is my 6 combat crew.

Well that is how I row with this game.
Upgrade and harvest.
Buy one NPC once you have the opening for another worker and keep doing that and you will see millions in under 1 year of game play.

In under 1.5 years I have just under 4 million. 4 mil.jpg
At this time of play I wait till I have 80k food then go sell everything including wood and will be well over 4 million in less than 2 weeks from now.
With how I have it now I gain 2k food every day and at the start of the game with everyone doing food I get between 4-6k food a day and it is easy to pay off the loan on time with no problems.
Now you can wast time going doing quest and things other than harvesting but you will have a harder time getting the money you need.

You can work on minor quest from the board that don't take you away form your house with ease as long as you have what you need.
I use MC to go to different places to get what I need to upgrade with while the NPC's stay home harvesting food to sell.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Okay, so as an experienced player you have found a way to do so. Doesn't mean it's easy for new players or without using a strategy.
It's doable, but certainly not very forgiving and generally doesn't do a great job of leading the player there.

by the way, how do you get the body/portrait pack to work? Or do you have to pick them manually?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Okay, so as an experienced player you have found a way to do so. Doesn't mean it's easy for new players or without using a strategy.
It's doable, but certainly not very forgiving and generally doesn't do a great job of leading the player there.

by the way, how do you get the body/portrait pack to work? Or do you have to pick them manually?
The Bank clerk tells you to work with the guilds if you ask him for directions dureing the intro and the guild leaders give you pointers about what to best concentrate on dureing the beginning.
If you watch the market and prices it's easy to figure out the most valuable items and how hard it is to get them.
The Player isn't completly left alone but must consider which game style fits them best and stick to it.
Most people haveing issues are those to fail to concentrate on a single aspect early on and want to have everything right from the bat.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

If you set them up as they should they should auto set up for you, I have a few I like to use on some NPC's and MC so I choose them myself.

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
It's surmountable with the benefit of hindsight and experience
i didn't really enjoy it. Would have deleted the game but the forum said the story turns the mechanic off, so. I'm past that hard filter now. I certainly would not have changed the prologue to this though.

Reactions: hyfka

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Put me down somewhere in the middle between the loan quest being too difficult and being fine.

I think a lot of the problems could be solved by just being more pointed about what you're supposed to do as a new player. Just change the quest text to be more direct about helping the guilds in order to unlock the next quest that lets you skip the loan.

Hell, make it so each week the quest text gets more direct about how you should be helping the guilds.

There's a bunch of easy ways to make money in the game. That never seemed like the hard part to me.

If you set them up as they should they should auto set up for you, I have a few I like to use on some NPC's and MC so I choose them myself.
Is there any info on how to set that up? The few times I've image packs it never worked for me.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Put me down somewhere in the middle between the loan quest being too difficult and being fine.

I think a lot of the problems could be solved by just being more pointed about what you're supposed to do as a new player. Just change the quest text to be more direct about helping the guilds in order to unlock the next quest that lets you skip the loan.

Hell, make it so each week the quest text gets more direct about how you should be helping the guilds.

There's a bunch of easy ways to make money in the game. That never seemed like the hard part to me.

Is there any info on how to set that up? The few times I've image packs it never worked for me.
https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-conquest-v0-6-3-maverik.39237/post-7685789

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
I think it's too difficult measured by the knowledge a new player can be expected to have at that point.

Those first 1000G are a lot more difficult when you don't know you can pick up a "free" bunny girl, or how important classes and tools are, or worse if one of your slaves escapes at this point.
5000G is a lot when you struggled before and didn't really expand, or send Daisy away for training/buy the dress or ran into a dungeon or two unprepared.
Even with a solid understanding of the game I somewhat struggled with 10k and went with major instead, this time with support of all four. But that can be a problem if you didn't start doing quests early enough or got shafted by RNG really badly on the missions you got offered.

It's also not clearly visible how many days are left until the next tax event, it says for example "day 50" but the time in game is displayed as weeks and days.
The game has a lot of mechanics and systems and requires the player to pick them up very quickly, and all they are given is an info dump in text form.

In my opinion it wouldn't hurt to soften the curve on the Loan quest, otherwise what purpose does it serve? Currently it's just a filter and knowledge check on the game's mechanics.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes