a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Sure looks like the latest GUI made the game unplayable. First I got booted out of the town screen back into mansion with absolutely no way to get back and then even the menu got borked and I couldn't exit the game without killing the process or ALT+F4'ing out.
It works for me with no problems.

Delete all files and folders then redownload a new set of the game and start from there.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
If you hit f1 it softlocks the game. Most of the menus stop responding properly. Relaunching the game fixes it.

erkper

May 16, 2018
New game required for the new version? My save from previous version is having... issues. Everyone that was working at home is listed in the city, with apparently no way to go back to the mansion. Travellers that were in transit arrive in the city, also with no way to go to the mansion.

[sigh] - I guess it's all bug-testing anyways. New game it is.

Apr 23, 2018
I found game crashing bug (sort of).

The battle system got locked. All character just pass their turn and enemies can hit our team one sidely until wiped out.

I don't know where it came from and found only if I download whole new game file and play, it can run normally afterward (But if you had to download new one every time . . .)

- I put image file from original strive, and play as Mage for both (I played twice since old file got corrupted).
- Go for the Archmage/Dominator class for both time.
- These conditions happen at 1.) First time, after I ran away from fight and 2.) After the story finished on second time.

If anyone know how to fix it, please tell me.

Nachtmusik

May 1, 2018
This is about the third time I have to make a new character :/ for every major update it seems like they want me to new save.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
This is about the third time I have to make a new character :/ for every major update it seems like they want me to new save.
Well this is in a alpha stage of game making and you should know that could be what is needed.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Something minor that bothers me, the use of the term "Shortstack" in the game. That term has only ever referred to short girls with disproportionately large breasts for their size. Yet, its used to describe short people of all genders and chest sizes throughout the whole game.

Wouldn't "Shortstop" be a much better choice for gender and chest size consistency? Perhaps even make "Shortstack" its own separate thing that properly points to actual shortstacks for the people who like them?

Reactions: Megumin.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Something minor that bothers me, the use of the term "Shortstack" in the game. That term has only ever referred to short girls with disproportionately large breasts for their size. Yet, its used to describe short people of all genders and chest sizes throughout the whole game.

Wouldn't "Shortstop" be a much better choice for gender and chest size consistency? Perhaps even make "Shortstack" its own separate thing that properly points to actual shortstacks for the people who like them?
Shortstacks are goblins in this game.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Shortstacks are goblins in this game.
That's largely beside my point, but there are several races with the Shortstack bodytype defined in the code. Not just goblins. Further, not a single one of them is defined by the game's code as having a higher likelihood of favoring one breast size over another. The only race with any breastsize-related code is the Taurus. Every other race has the exact same chance for every breast size.

The game's own internal definition in the EN localization describes a Shortstack as "Half the size of the average human" and goes no further. My point is that that's not a shortstack it would help the game's variety if the current "Shortstack" was changed to "Shortstop" for clarity and then we got a new set of traits/shapes that referred to actual Shortstacks.

That way, the people with an interest in short women/men aren't being confused by the trait name and the people with an interest in Shortstacks get their own traits/shapes for it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
That's largely beside my point, but there are several races with the Shortstack bodytype defined in the code. Not just goblins. Further, not a single one of them is defined by the game's code as having a higher likelihood of favoring one breast size over another. The only race with any breastsize-related code is the Taurus. Every other race has the exact same chance for every breast size.

The game's own internal definition in the EN localization describes a Shortstack as "Half the size of the average human" and goes no further. My point is that that's not a shortstack it would help the game's variety if the current "Shortstack" was changed to "Shortstop" for clarity and then we got a new set of traits/shapes that referred to actual Shortstacks.

That way, the people with an interest in short women/men aren't being confused by the trait name and the people with an interest in Shortstacks get their own traits/shapes for it.
I did not know about it listing more than goblins as shortstacks and have no idea on how to check that but in the first game shortstacks were goblins.

Maybe the dev is now adding in more so it is easier to get one to turn in for quest.

Dev has an active Discord if you want more of an answer for this.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
I did not know about it listing more than goblins as shortstacks and have no idea on how to check that but in the first game shortstacks were goblins.

Maybe the dev is now adding in more so it is easier to get one to turn in for quest.

Dev has an active Discord if you want more of an answer for this.
Again, you don't seem to be reading my post and are just talking about something completely different. I was already on posting on the Discord because maybe there I can get someone that will read it.

Reactions: Megumin.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Again, you don't seem to be reading my post and are just talking about something completely different. I was already on posting on the Discord because maybe there I can get someone that will read it.
Yes I read your post but for me a shortstack is and always will be goblins, if dev is now using it in a new way then you must get that info from him.

You and the dev may not be on the same page for what "shortstack" or "Shortstop" are and how there used.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik08/31/2020
0.3.1 Release
New game heavily recommended.

Added multiple GUI animations to some actions
Added new random events: New chest lock type traps, mimics, finding random resources, encounters
Added effect duration in tooltip for combat
Added race name to labels in hiring menu
Added exotic race slave trader shop every 2 weeks starting day 7 (requires new game)
Recruited characters won't automatically travel to mansion anymore
Forcefully recruited characters will receive new debuff preventing them from gaining obedience from positive skills
Characters won't participate in fight at 0 obedience
Breeder class is renamed to Breed Sow and now can be unlocked. Stats and reqs changed
Slightly readjusted Aliron's slave race rates (Humans are more common than halfkins; elves are more common in general and rare races are equially as common as elves for slave market)
Fairies lose some stats but gain a racial healing skill
Main stats now grow slower at higher levels (starting at 40 base)
Kobold females now generate with smaller breast size
Trap events now deal percent damage
Drows have been renamed to dark elves
Slave escape chance is now present and depends on charcter's authority and obedience (can escape if defiant and obdience < 15). Chance is based on timid factor
Food starvation debuff reworked
Defeat in combat now applies debuff preventing from participating in combat for 3 days (ticks faster when using rest)
Travel menu opens locations by default
Fixed craft menu opening on smithing even if its locked
Fixed inactive enemies not being deleted properly in some situtations
Fixed buffs not displaying in slave info
Fixed hp/mp not displaying in dungeon locations

New game heavily recommended. New game heavily recommended. New game heavily recommended.

Adeana

Mar 4, 2018
actually a breed sow role is hot
a good once is it, if you find a good rare follower and make more of them yourself ;):LOL:

Sadly atm there a lot of bugs.

all happend at some point while playing, or happen mostly all the time
having to restart the game and often losing all progress

1. after using the F1 no game-play possible
2. Time advancement in Manson not clickable
3. Charinfo penal showing wrong char
4. upgrade penals at the guilds show up even if changing location

just some to mention

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Does anyone know how the Breed Sow thing is supposed to work? I wanted to make a tiny kobold master and breed a stable of unswervingly loyal amazonian warrior-whores, but all I fathered were other kobolds. So I thought "fair enough" and tried for a demon master, thinking I could at least sire a stable of slinky demoness seducers ... and suddenly all my offspring are taking he mother's race!

The description made me think that the children would take after the mother, which clearly isn't the case. Is there some rule regarding which species wins out? Or have I just been really unlucky with the RNG?

[edit]

Apparently, I've just been unlucky with the RNG.

Last edited:

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I'd rather it be something that might be seen as derogatory for others than something that's a straight-up lie. Completely ignoring the definition of a shortstack. Might as well start calling fully-grown adult women with DD-cup breasts *lolis* at this point.

Also if we're going with that logic. The general consensus with people that have dwarfism is that the word dwarf is totally okay. It's the word midget that cause problems.
It's more likely he used that term because there are actual dwarves in the game, so it might be confusing.

Reactions: Cerneu

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
It's more likely he used that term because there are actual dwarves in the game, so it might be confusing.
I never said to replace it with dwarf. I was replying to a guy that brought the subject of dwarfs to the conversation.

Either way, what should it be instead? Because calling a short flat-chested characters a shortstack is incorrect.

Last edited:

mavuqoni

Nov 18, 2017
Is it anything that makes this worth playing or is it more or less just the original with changed UI and some tweaks?

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes