caju

Oct 5, 2017
Sadly atm there a lot of bugs.
Having spent the last couple weeks (2) on his discord, I can tell you if you bring him a bug, it will last no longer than 5 minutes. He will almost certainly ask for a save or conditions to repeat the bug, but he will fix it. I have personally brought errors and had him release a fix within minutes. Others were minor issues that would be fixed in the next release, but he will fix what you show him. I am not a patron or friend, just a regular guy who pointed out problems.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
How do I gather resources in this version?
Its really very simple.
1. click here on who you want to gather resources: Strive for Power 2 2020-09-03 10-06-44-17.jpg
2. chose what you want to gather, in the beginning its only fish so start with that then click confirm. Strive for Power 2 2020-09-03 10-06-57-12.jpg

For other type of resources you need to upgrade for them that is at the mansion and just send a slave to another area for other types of resources.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is it anything that makes this worth playing or is it more or less just the original with changed UI and some tweaks?
This will be much better I believe when it is more complete. The only thing right now that is somewhat similar is the 'dating' action. Combat and travel is much different than the first game. Resources are also gathered differently as you must also do the building of your mansion. There are also multiple guilds to carry out missions to gain favor. Overall it is a well enhanced sequel. It is just still in its infancy stage yet. So there isn't much to the storyline yet. Eventually there will supposedly be the ability to conquer areas or other 'masters' as well, but none of that is in quite yet.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I found the interface for your previous game confusing but I'm having a lot of fun with this one so far.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Is there a roadmap or something where we can see when the images are going to be implemented?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is there a roadmap or something where we can see when the images are going to be implemented?
Only images will be for main NPC's, for most slave/peons you will need an art pack and most if not all from the first game works in this game.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Only images will be for main NPC's, for most slave/peons you will need an art pack and most if not all from the first game works in this game.
Will there be an official art pack or instructions on finding or installing artpacks?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Will there be an official art pack or instructions on finding or installing artpacks?
Its almost the same as the original game.
There will probaly be no official art pack but there will be many art packs to choose from including all the ones from the 1st game works in this new game.

You go to appdata, roaming then strive for power 2 and place the pack here. strive body and port pack instal.jpg

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Finally completed the main quest in this version. Nice start so far. There were 2 issues I ran into that could potentially be a problem for some people.

One is that sometimes I get unlucky and get impossible to complete minor quests, usually the "get item" variety. Either they want something that is not currently for sale and is also not craftable in the time given or they want stuff that typically are rare drops from fights. It's still quite possible to finish the main quest stuff even if you have some failed quests though.

The other problem is the elven city seems to be bugged. When I try to go there I get an error message in that popup window that runs in the background. I forget what it says but it clearly references some issue with that city. After that point you can never travel there. It doesn't crash, you just can't select anyone to travel there. It's not necessary to go there to complete the current content anyway though.

I'm also a bit curious about combat balance. The playthrough I finished recently I played a mage type and was able to do single handedly do more damage to my enemies than the other 5 people in my party combined. I'd be curious to see if a melee type ramps up to that sort of power eventually but I could easily do 300-400 damage per turn by myself and this with only whatever random gear I found killing the quest related opponents.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I'm also a bit curious about combat balance. The playthrough I finished recently I played a mage type and was able to do single handedly do more damage to my enemies than the other 5 people in my party combined. I'd be curious to see if a melee type ramps up to that sort of power eventually but I could easily do 300-400 damage per turn by myself and this with only whatever random gear I found killing the quest related opponents.
Sort of like most RPGs mages can dish out the damage but they can't take much either. When you start taking even the medium level dungeon quests you will run into assassin and other enemies that will easily one hit kill your mages. There are some races that get specialized warrior classes. Orc gets berserker, Seraph gets a Valkyrie, etc... Those can do pretty well in the damage department, with the added survivability of a warrior class background. I also actually really like the rogue/archer classes with the high speed. They might not quite do as much damage as a mage, but their high speed means most attacks against them miss too.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sort of like most RPGs mages can dish out the damage but they can't take much either. When you start taking even the medium level dungeon quests you will run into assassin and other enemies that will easily one hit kill your mages. There are some races that get specialized warrior classes. Orc gets berserker, Seraph gets a Valkyrie, etc... Those can do pretty well in the damage department, with the added survivability of a warrior class background. I also actually really like the rogue/archer classes with the high speed. They might not quite do as much damage as a mage, but their high speed means most attacks against them miss too.
I did notice my mage taking a lot of damage, that's true. My solution to that was to spec out at least 3 of my slaves as warrior types and put them in front while my glass cannon sat in back raining down death from afar. Some of the archer types still hit him occasionally but the front row takes the majority of the hits.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I go with 3 warriors and 3 archers and have not had any problems what so every is any lvl dungeon.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
There will probaly be no official art pack but there will be many art packs to choose from including all the ones from the 1st game works in this new game.

You go to appdata, roaming then strive for power 2 and place the pack here. View attachment 801375
Thanks.

This information should probably be added to the installation instructions of the OP. Any recommended packs?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks.

This information should probably be added to the installation instructions of the OP. Any recommended packs?
Its what ever your taste are, just start with one and if you don't like it remove it and use another until you find one you like.

You can also make your own pack by making sure there the same size as the ones in the pack and read about how to list them.

taler

Oct 5, 2017

You go to appdata, roaming then strive for power 2 and place the pack here. View attachment 801375
Sorry for a billion questions, any idea how to install for mac?

I googled and found mac instructions for the original strive, and what do you know my portraits from the original strive are still there on my computer. Strive 2 is not reading them though so I assume the location is different this time.

I also added it to Library/application support that had a similar folder structure to your screenshot but that doesn't work either. Help?

erkper

May 16, 2018
I did notice my mage taking a lot of damage, that's true. My solution to that was to spec out at least 3 of my slaves as warrior types and put them in front while my glass cannon sat in back raining down death from afar. Some of the archer types still hit him occasionally but the front row takes the majority of the hits.
If you want a quick and easy near-unbeatable party, go with a MC mage dragonkin, join the fighter guild, and choose a dragonkin follower built as a fighter. Get her preggers, your kids will almost always be either great mages or great fighters. Dragonkin fighters get a great bonus class (Dragon Knight.) And dragonkin have lots of health so you don't have to worry about dying much. Probably can beat any fight or dungeon in the current version with just 2-3 in your party.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Sorry for a billion questions, any idea how to install for mac?

I googled and found mac instructions for the original strive, and what do you know my portraits from the original strive are still there on my computer. Strive 2 is not reading them though so I assume the location is different this time.

I also added it to Library/application support that had a similar folder structure to your screenshot but that doesn't work either. Help?
Sorry but no I only use windows pc.

You should be able to open the location for where the packs go in the game.
Select the one you want to change the pic of, Strive for Power 2 2020-09-04 14-27-59-28.jpg
Then click on #1, then #2 and last #3 and it should open the folder where the packs need to go. Strive for Power 2 2020-09-04 14-26-54-37.jpg

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Sorry but no I only use windows pc.

You should be able to open the location for where the packs go in the game.
Select the one you want to change the pic of, View attachment 801827
Then click on #1, then #2 and last #3 and it should open the folder where the packs need to go. View attachment 801826
Thanks, it seems application support was the right place as the images are listed there when I open up the menu in game. Just to clarify I'm supposed to set the images myself every time for every character? As it doesn't seem to do that automatically via any naming scheme.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes