NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Version 5.5 is now available .
Reading the update notes, I'm glad I waited to pick the game up again instead of playing over the weekend. This definitely sounds like something to start over from scratch, with the class and skill system overhaul. I'd love to see classes start to feel individually more significant to a character instead of everyone turning into giant blobs of infinite known classes eventually; maybe making you work for most of your skills will help a bit.

EDIT: My starting servant seems to be permanently afflicted with Confusion. Demon, peon, attendant, rogue. I thought maybe going into combat without basic combat or spellcasting ability might cause it now, to represent lack of combat experience, but rogue didn't change anything. The human I just captured in a dungeon doesn't have it though. If anyone gets the same effect or figures out what it is, let me know.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That's a bug that a few players ran into yesterday and the developer is trying to fix. I'm surprised that today's release still has it. You should go to the Discord and report it yourself in the Conquest bugs channel.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
That's a bug that a few players ran into yesterday and the developer is trying to fix. I'm surprised that today's release still has it. You should go to the Discord and report it yourself in the Conquest bugs channel.
Ah, gotcha. Now I'm not sure why I mistook it for a feature, lol. Thanks!

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
Is the quest Mine Company bugged? I just cleared out the mine but the journal entry hasn't changed or updated, I can't talk to anyone about it and the "Q. Mine" location is still on the travel map.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
EDIT: My starting servant seems to be permanently afflicted with Confusion. Demon, peon, attendant, rogue. I thought maybe going into combat without basic combat or spellcasting ability might cause it now, to represent lack of combat experience, but rogue didn't change anything. The human I just captured in a dungeon doesn't have it though. If anyone gets the same effect or figures out what it is, let me know.
Answer from the developer:
we've figured it out already, it's actually attendant's free item use icon

Reactions: NajaNaga

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Why is there no mobile version of this game?
Most games not built using HTML or Renpy do not have mobile versions. The UIs for several game engines do not support mobile screens. And many games have UIs that do not allow for repositioning of elements. Some that do look like crap on mobiles and then players bitch about it.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
I forgot strive for conquest some years ago (the first version).

What's new in this version ? what we can do exactly ?

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
I forgot strive for conquest some years ago (the first version).

What's new in this version ? what we can do exactly ?
It currently pays more attention to dungeon crawling than the last one did, and it's a bit harder to just get everything exactly the way you want it immediately which some people like (game lasts longer) and some don't (want their ideal characters quickly and easily). Stats, classes, skills/spells, house upgrade mechanics have all been overhauled quite a lot. Though I think the dev mentioned more house related mechanics that aren't in yet, like maids as an actual job, so some more familiar things may still return. Story is not finished yet and not all named characters have side stories yet, but there's enough to spend a lot of time on.

I like both games okay, I would consider Conquest more mechanically involved and a game that has more intent to be an actual management/dungeon crawl RPG with fetish content, while the first game is more like fetish content with some light RPG mechanics as window dressing.

tl;dr - I think Conquest is a lot more game-y, I enjoy both games as different games though.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So anyone mind giving me a rundown on how far this has come along? A quick look at the change log shows there are added classes and such but how is the actual scenes and even notable characters now?

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
It currently pays more attention to dungeon crawling than the last one did, and it's a bit harder to just get everything exactly the way you want it immediately which some people like (game lasts longer) and some don't (want their ideal characters quickly and easily). Stats, classes, skills/spells, house upgrade mechanics have all been overhauled quite a lot. Though I think the dev mentioned more house related mechanics that aren't in yet, like maids as an actual job, so some more familiar things may still return. Story is not finished yet and not all named characters have side stories yet, but there's enough to spend a lot of time on.

I like both games okay, I would consider Conquest more mechanically involved and a game that has more intent to be an actual management/dungeon crawl RPG with fetish content, while the first game is more like fetish content with some light RPG mechanics as window dressing.

tl;dr - I think Conquest is a lot more game-y, I enjoy both games as different games though.
and this basically answered my question, so onto another, have the classes been fleshed out a lot more than before. I played an earlier version of this game and while the classes were there there was still a lot of work I felt they needed to truly feel interesting and or mote unique.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
and this basically answered my question, so onto another, have the classes been fleshed out a lot more than before. I played an earlier version of this game and while the classes were there there was still a lot of work I felt they needed to truly feel interesting and or mote unique.
An overhaul of the class system just came out. I'm still messing with it, but it seems like now the intent is probably that you will have fewer classes that you only take for bonuses/features/unlocking skill tiers and then you earn skill points in combat that you use just to stick more skills on your character.

It's a little wacky at the moment because you still gain experience so quickly and I don't think there's a class cap yet(?) so there's not much of an incentive to force you to rely on the new skill point system. But it does at least (probably) mean low-growth characters are no longer as bad, since you can give them just a few classes and buy extra skills to stick on.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It's a little wacky at the moment because you still gain experience so quickly and I don't think there's a class cap yet(?) so there's not much of an incentive to force you to rely on the new skill point system. But it does at least (probably) mean low-growth characters are no longer as bad, since you can give them just a few classes and buy extra skills to stick on.
You have it a bit backwards. The new system encourages you, for combat, to rely more on skills and less on classes. Most of the skills that used to be attached to classes and given "free" now require you to spend SP to get. There are some combat skills/spells that you can still get free when taking certain classes, but most classes just provide mechanical bonuses and social skills. Besides skills that you MUST buy with SP the other incentive is that you can get some skills via SP much earlier than you can via class unlock, especially for classes gated inside of guild shops.

There's no need for a "class cap" because at low growth the amount of XP you need for the next class goes up very quickly. The advantage of high GRO is that classes past your 3rd are much cheaper than they are for low-GRO characters. Thus GRO is by far the most important character stat, and it's the only stat that cannot be raised via the slave trader.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes