AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
So anyone mind giving me a rundown on how far this has come along? A quick look at the change log shows there are added classes and such but how is the actual scenes and even notable characters now?
That's a vague request since you didn't say how far back you last looked at the game.

As for story content and additional characters, there is some small quest expansion/addition in 5.5, but there's another story arc slated for the next major release. It was originally intended for this release, but Maverik decided to get this release out early to test the new skills revamp and postponed the next story content dump to the next big release.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
Has this newer game focused on being able to upload images of your girls in a way that is easily accessible, and you can see clearly as you lewd them? I remember the last one, you couldn't even see the image of what she looked like that you uploaded half the time you were choosing actions.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
That's a vague request since you didn't say how far back you last looked at the game.

As for story content and additional characters, there is some small quest expansion/addition in 5.5, but there's another story arc slated for the next major release. It was originally intended for this release, but Maverik decided to get this release out early to test the new skills revamp and postponed the next story content dump to the next big release.
ITs vague sadly because I can't tell you when, I remember downloading the game when it first dropped and an update or two then skipping it for a couple of updates and downloading it once or twice again and that is just as unhelpful as my quoted statement. I will say though when I did play it one of the first things I saw and was glad to see was the class system because they gave me hope that maybe it meant that there were going to be different ways the player interacted in the world and with the slave.... and maybe the caster class would feel like a caster, this is just my opinion but a little peeve I had with the first game is, we were supposed to be a mage, joining the mages guild and everything but the mc just didn't ever feel like a mage it me.

With that said, this is actually something I actually hold praises of brothel King for, for all my criticism of that slave management, and yes I get the management is the more important and focused on aspects of these type of h-games so take all I'm saying as "fluff". I thought it actually did classes justice Yea there were only 3 classes, rogue/mage/warrior but each had distinctive ways of handling every event and even how you could train slaves and mage was hands down my favorite because mage had a crap ton of arcane spells which he could use to deal with the events from summoning rain to stop a fire that someone set to casting mind control spell or luck manipulation spells to help events play in the mc favor. Rogues had their little sneaky deeky ways of doing things and warriors were just in your face.

But that's only one positive in a plethora of criticism I have for the game...
Straight stolen art... the game looked nice but that is because the majority of its assets were taken from other games and the internet and general. I don't know if the core CGI was taken from anywhere I question it is because there is a lack of artistic unity in its design. That is where I believe this game is stronger, due to the majority of it being text, or was when I played it with what art being added was unifying from what I saw. It could do what that same did but better if choosing to remain dependent on visuals, especially with the stat system.

I won't harp on BK much more here, but I will say another thing the original did that saddened me was it gave of centralized narrative slaves and then just stopped the narrative with those characters after they became slaves. I get random no-name bought or trapped wild slaves being generic but so many npc characters that became slaves like the little homeless girl who came to the MC asking him to make her their slave had so much potential but then did nothing with it and there were a few other story characters this way too; with for me the biggest one being the one female mage we got to enslave at the end.

So that's one of the things I'm wondering is going to happen here, if a narrative-driven character story-wise ends up becoming a slave, will they lose their personality and character like they did in the first game?

You have it a bit backwards. The new system encourages you, for combat, to rely more on skills and less on classes. Most of the skills that used to be attached to classes and given "free" now require you to spend SP to get. There are some combat skills/spells that you can still get free when taking certain classes, but most classes just provide mechanical bonuses and social skills. Besides skills that you MUST buy with SP the other incentive is that you can get some skills via SP much earlier than you can via class unlock, especially for classes gated inside of guild shops.

There's no need for a "class cap" because at low growth the amount of XP you need for the next class goes up very quickly. The advantage of high GRO is that classes past your 3rd are much cheaper than they are for low-GRO characters. Thus GRO is by far the most important character stat, and it's the only stat that cannot be raised via the slave trader.
what I remember seeing, mechanically the game was pretty impressive even though everything wasn't implemented

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
So that's one of the things I'm wondering is going to happen here, if a narrative-driven character story-wise ends up becoming a slave, will they lose their personality and character like they did in the first game?
Conquest, so far, has several unique NPCs that you can recruit. The first one you'll encounter (on day 2, during the game's Prologue) is the halfkin bunny Daisy, whom you can purchase for a mere 100 gold. Her stats allow her to be turned into a pretty good whore, and the story/quest content helps you in this direction. But nothing forces you to use her as a whore. You can build her as a fighter or a mage or anything you want. The next unique NPC you encounter in the Prologue will be the elf Aire, though you won't be able to recruit her until much later on in Act 1 (and it's not easy to do). You'll encounter Princess Anastasia at the end of the Prologue, but she too cannot be recruited until you have completed several major quests in Act 1, and she plays a central role in the game's story. The orc mage Kurdan is the first unique NPC that you can recruit in Act 1. Orcs make great fighters but this one comes built as a mage (shaman). You of course can rebuild him if you wish to, which is what Oblivion potions are for. Kurdan, so far, has no story content other than when you first meet him. Last, but far from least, is the mage Zephyra (I forget offhand what race she is, fairy or something?) who also plays a key role in the story. There are several other named NPCs in the game, such as the guild leaders, but none of them are playable. Only the ones I've listed can join you.

Version 0.5.5 introduces the ability for the MC to marry someone. So far, you are only allowed one spouse, so choose carefully. And your slaves cannot marry each other. Not yet implemented, but currently in the works are special bonuses for the MC's spouse, and for the MC's chiildren.

Reactions: Ssato243

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Conquest, so far, has several unique NPCs that you can recruit. The first one you'll encounter (on day 2, during the game's Prologue) is the halfkin bunny Daisy, whom you can purchase for a mere 100 gold. Her stats allow her to be turned into a pretty good whore, and the story/quest content helps you in this direction. But nothing forces you to use her as a whore. You can build her as a fighter or a mage or anything you want. The next unique NPC you encounter in the Prologue will be the elf Aire, though you won't be able to recruit her until much later on in Act 1 (and it's not easy to do). You'll encounter Princess Anastasia at the end of the Prologue, but she too cannot be recruited until you have completed several major quests in Act 1, and she plays a central role in the game's story. The orc mage Kurdan is the first unique NPC that you can recruit in Act 1. Orcs make great fighters but this one comes built as a mage (shaman). You of course can rebuild him if you wish to, which is what Oblivion potions are for. Kurdan, so far, has no story content other than when you first meet him. Last, but far from least, is the mage Zephyra (I forget offhand what race she is, fairy or something?) who also plays a key role in the story. There are several other named NPCs in the game, such as the guild leaders, but none of them are playable. Only the ones I've listed can join you.

Version 0.5.5 introduces the ability for the MC to marry someone. So far, you are only allowed one spouse, so choose carefully. And your slaves cannot marry each other. Not yet implemented, but currently in the works are special bonuses for the MC's spouse, and for the MC's chiildren.
Thats cool and all , I like what I hear about the mechanics of the class. Now my question is, let's use daisy since she's the first, after she becomes your slave, does she lose whatever character she has that makes her a unique npc?

Reactions: monk_56

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Thats cool and all , I like what I hear about the mechanics of the class. Now my question is, let's use daisy since she's the first, after she becomes your slave, does she lose whatever character she has that makes her a unique npc?
No. She still behaves shyly, though as her relationship to the MC develops that shyness begins to lessen. Assuming that the player is treating her kindly, she falls in love with the MC. I've never gone the route of being an asshole and mistreating her, so I don't know what happens down the other path.

EDIT: I should also add that she behaves the same regardless of what classes you give her. She does not behave differently as a mage or as a fighter or as a whore (I've tried all three). The game's scripting doesn't appear to check her stats or skills. OTOH, the game does check the MC's stats at points where some NPCs make decisions on how to react to you and whether to join you or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: monk_56

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
You seems to be a great medium, able to compare a finished game and an alpha version :rolleyes:
Yes, game developer will always redo deep design decisions.

You are not understanding this, the whole idea behind this game is flawed.

Can it be fixed? Yes.
Will it be fixed? No.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
As much as i love this game there's an overbearing issue of limited management tools.
The games limits power of characters heavily slowing progressions to a crawl and yet has little in the ways of properly allowing you to manage large groups of characters.

A great start would be the ability to form "groups" in the character list. For neatness if nothing else.
I dont always need to see all of my Prostitutes in a line at the top of the list, let me bunch them up into some kind of collapsible menu.
Some level of "automation" could be nice too. Say i send a "group" with the job of "gather" to a location, they should automatically start gathering the local resources, selecting the appropriate people for each resource if needed.
Maybe even a complete different menu for gathering expeditions.

Standardizing "uniforms" for jobs would be good too.
Honest i just want to get to a point where i dont feel like getting a new girl is going to be a micromanagement hassle, if i want her to be a prostitute, throwing her into that group should to some degree automate the process once its set up.

I wonder If the dev reads comments here...

Reactions: sappho and monk_56

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
1. The dev does NOT read this site.
2. You can rearrange the order of the characters on the main screen, so you can create "groups".
3. Locations will have varying resources, which never run out, and each one can have from 1 to 3 characters assigned to it. So it's pretty much impossible for a game script to read your mind and decide which of the resources you want to collect.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
1. Too bad, no feedback for them.

2. Id usually get really annoyed at that kind of responce, but instead in just gonna rag on you for not actually reading what i said.

3. Wouldn't be hard for the game to assume you sending the games mechanically specialized characters to gather resources in a location might mean you want them to gather what they specialize at gathering, you know, like i mentioned?
Key sentance: "selecting the appropriate people for each resource"

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
1. Too bad, no feedback for them.

2. Id usually get really annoyed at that kind of responce, but instead in just gonna rag on you for not actually reading what i said.

3. Wouldn't be hard for the game to assume you sending the games mechanically specialized characters to gather resources in a location might mean you want them to gather what they specialize at gathering, you know, like i mentioned?
Key sentance: "selecting the appropriate people for each resource"
Say you send a Worker to a location that has Stone, Iron, Magic Wood, and Ironwood. Sure, you could bias it by giving a pick or axe, but how do you get the script to properly assign which of the two to assign them to?

I think a better version of micro-reduction would be the ability to make a LOT more Luxury Rooms, so you can have more people who won't run out of obedience without regular checkups.

As is, I abuse Dancers and Sex Toys to reduce the micromanagement of keeping obedience filled. 'Someone's getting low? Time for the gangbang or the dance show, regardless, you're ALL getting refilled at once, I'm not praising you one by one.'

ladriel

May 15, 2021
Couple questions:
1) Is there more of the story after you become mayor, or is that still in development
2) How does marriage work? I successfully got the princess to agree to marriage during the quest, but she just became my slave and nothing has happened since then. (I also got her to agree to marriage through Dates, and she still isn't listed as an option when I go the the church.)

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Say you send a Worker to a location that has Stone, Iron, Magic Wood, and Ironwood. Sure, you could bias it by giving a pick or axe, but how do you get the script to properly assign which of the two to assign them to?

I think a better version of micro-reduction would be the ability to make a LOT more Luxury Rooms, so you can have more people who won't run out of obedience without regular checkups.

As is, I abuse Dancers and Sex Toys to reduce the micromanagement of keeping obedience filled. 'Someone's getting low? Time for the gangbang or the dance show, regardless, you're ALL getting refilled at once, I'm not praising you one by one.'
If they are equally good at multiple possible resources could just cycle between them. Tho generally if you're sending a group like I'm suggesting, your gonna send multiple/enough people to get each resource anyway.

Thinking on it more, It could maybe even be as a assistant style system. where you "equip" character to each other so they work on something together. Ofc at a decreased degree but both could work on something and possible learn from eachother.

late-game you get to a point where you don't even need to see half the slaves on the list, like the cooks/gatherers etc. Especially if they are at infinite obedience.
To make this more weird you can train slaves with management style skills... why not get them actually training?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
1. You don't actually become mayor. It gets interrupted by Princess Anastasia. Which ends the Prologue and segues into Act 1 (the start of the Civil War and your hunt for the princess). Game version 0.5.0 added Act 1. Version 0.5.5 revamped the skills.

Act 2 is about midway through development and should be ready in about 1-2 months according to Maverik. If his numbering scheme remains consistent it'll likely be 0.6.0.

2. You cannot marry until you have finished Act 1. You can propose, but the marriage quest cannot be done until later.

Last edited:

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
You become mayor when you finish the Anastasia quest line.

More automation would be nice, if not automatic harvesting then assigning a task so you could tell someone to go and mine until their obedience reaches a certain level (25% perhaps) whereupon they will return home and wait until they hit 100% obedience (through rest or interactions) then return to their assigned task.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Can you actually marry anyone, or is it just a quest placeholder? I've gotten to the end of the first act. I've gotten a handful of slaves to accept my proposal. I have the entry at the church... but there's never anyone I can select.

I have mixed opinions on this patch. The new skill point system is nice, but it takes way too many points to unlock anything. I really hope the total points needed for like, every skill gets cut in half. Or at least make the lower price skills seem worth it. It takes *so god damn long* to unlock the high cost skills that even buying any low cost skills feels like a net loss.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
SP are easy to get. If you don't have enough to buy what you want then you aren't engaging in enough combat.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
SP are easy to get. If you don't have enough to buy what you want then you aren't engaging in enough combat.
Sure, that's true. On the other hand, the combat without already having like 750+ skill points on a couple characters is boring as hell. Yes, I could grind boring content, but that involves grinding boring content. That's like, the one thing you don't want people doing when you're making a game.

Plus it kinda sucks leaving early dungeons and seeing that you're only 1/5th or 1/10th of the way to the skill you're looking to unlock. Those early dungeons are especially boring.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes