bioriot

Oct 21, 2021
The prisoner rate in forts seems higher, but by the time you can take on a fort, slaves probably aren't an issue any more.
You're talking about workers, not slaves. If I'm trying to play the game as a slaver there is never a point at which "slaves probably aren't an issue any more."

Jun 1, 2017
So, I'm running into a bit of an issue with the post-Civil War battle interactions with Aine and Ana.

I made the good/kind choices with Aine (saving her from the zombies, etc) and got her to cough up the location of the Princess. However, it doesn't look like I'm able to retrieve the Princess's bracelet, because there's no option to ask Amelia about finding people, and there's no option to search the hideout once I return. I'm also not getting the option to let Aine meet with Ana once they're both imprisoned.

Did the flow for "how to convince the princess" change in the latest update?

Jun 1, 2017
Indeed, I saw that right after I posted.

Do you know where I could find information about how to use the Beauty Salon or apply tattoos? I finished upgrading the Salon, and I've bought ink, but I'm not seeing any option to use the salons.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
You have to build the Alchemy upgrades and then craft the inks. The ink you bought is a base material, sort of like white paint. You have to combine it with other stuff.

Reactions: hewhocumsbynight

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Now that we know what necromancer's Turn Undead actually does I've been using it on some generic workers I don't care about and am just using until I can get my ideal monster races. I haven't sat down and done the math but it seems to end up being profitable even without favorite food bonuses. I have five zombies (total 11 chars) and feel like I'm absolutely drowning in surplus food to sell just from one worker per food type and Daisy baking bread. I assume it also works out pretty well if you want a large workforce only doing materials and can feed your few living characters with just one food worker.

Zombie does cut the character's value by a lot though.

EDIT: Rearranged my household and got my living characters eating at least neutral foods off two food workers so I can just binge inedible mats for a bit. Yeah, that's fun. Seems like you can do a pretty good "spam upgrades, then sell off your cheap zombie bandits if they're not going to be your long-term faves" route.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Since zombie slaves cannot benefit from extra food they are less productive, which will hurt you both in the short and long term. And since their sell value is crap when you do need to get rid of them to make room for more valuable slaves you've probably lost more gold than what you saved by not having to feed them. But, as i said, the real kicker is that upgrades and crafting will take longer and both of those things are very important in the game. Gold is easy to come by, and you have a limited number of mansion slots which makes each slave, and how you use them, crucial.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
You're talking about workers, not slaves.
I'm talking about slaves. You get the option to recruit them, or to capture them.. If you choose capture you end up with slaves.

If I'm trying to play the game as a slaver there is never a point at which "slaves probably aren't an issue any more."
Let me rephrase: by the time you're tough enough to assault forts, finding new slaves is likely no longer a problem.

But yeah, I too miss the slaving expeditions from Strive 1

bioriot

Oct 21, 2021
I'm talking about slaves. You get the option to recruit them, or to capture them.. If you choose capture you end up with slaves.
Let me rephrase: by the time you're tough enough to assault forts, finding new slaves is likely no longer a problem.

But yeah, I too miss the slaving expeditions from Strive 1
Yes, I realize they are called slaves. The point is that you are treating them as workers, not as a commodity, because of changes made in the remake.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
any thoughts when we get the (v0.5.5a version?) kinda sad the marriage part is broken inn this...
You can get 0.5.5a any time you want by going to and downloading it yourself. It's free, public, and the bug was fixed in a "stealth" hotfix (IOW, the version number didn't change) that was uploaded many days ago. If you want to keep up with this game the best way to do so is to join the game's Discord server.

tom riddle

Oct 22, 2018
You can get 0.5.5a any time you want by going to and downloading it yourself. It's free, public, and the bug was fixed in a "stealth" hotfix (IOW, the version number didn't change) that was uploaded many days ago. If you want to keep up with this game the best way to do so is to join the game's Discord server.
Get it now at itch.
ahh kk, thanks. I just always assumed id have to be a patron etc... and no it's not because I'm stingy.. just broke..

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Modding STRIVE: Conquest like I did SFP. Note: This works in MY GAME. Download and drop into DATA folder in your SC folder. OVERWRITE. You get tons of XP per enemy AND a huge jumpstart in supplies and money on NEW PLAYTHROUGHS with both mods. 1st link is starting boost. 2nd is the modded enemies.

Reactions: Ssato243

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
A major revamp of the skills system, which makes using old saves a bad idea (lots of problems if you try). If you want the full list then read the change log.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes