redle

Apr 12, 2017
Thanks, I went and downloaded Mirror and, Gorn Frostford mod..installed them but cant really get either of them to work.
Well, I've not used either of those mods myself. That disclaimer out of the way...

The mirror mod says that all it does is add a mirror into your inventory. So even if it worked perfectly it might be tough to notice that it worked. It sounds like interacting with that inventory item can then launch some quests.

The Gorn/Frostford one sounds like it will do pretty much nothing if you play a standard game where you start in Winborn (the default start city). Even if you do start a game with your starting city one of the other locations it sounds like most of what the mod does is "hidden" changes. Things like "better game balance" means there often will be nothing to see at all. A battle may be slightly harder to win or easier than without the mod... but that's a hard thing to notice. The things in this mod that should be easy to see, in the base game any player who travels to any city can go to that city's slave guild (and also the city merchant) and see a list of slave quests; the mod says that it closes all of those buildings but the ones in a player's home town. Basically this whole mod seems to be penalty based to make the game harder to play.

Also I'll mention that depending on how the mods are set up, one may need to start a new game after installing the mods. They may not work with loading a previously created game. Mods can also stomp all over one another. I have no idea if those two mods are mutually compatible or not. If you really can not seem to get anything to change try starting with a clean build of strive and only installing 1 of the 2 mods; start a new game; and see if it is working then.

(but as I said, the description of those 2 mods means it can be easy to not see the changes even if they are working exactly as intended)

Cryingbanshee

Dec 7, 2017
Sure did, they are activated and highlighted under the mods menu, and it did nothing
Check if the mods you activated support the current game version. Many of the old mods didn't work as intended on the latest version.

If you updated (not fresh install) to the current version make sure you deactivate all of the old mods first then activate your new mods.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I wanna recruit maple but apparently unless you have really high rep cant.
They already told you how to increase your rep. Anyway, it must be 40 or higher to recruit Maple.
In the past, you also had to ask Maple about fairies. Fulfilling Melissa's assignment without talking to her, made you fail Maple's quest. I haven't tested the latest releases, I don't know if the dev has changed the related code.

U

User_1339663

They already told you how to increase your rep. Anyway, it must be 40 or higher to recruit Maple.
In the past, you also had to ask Maple about fairies. Fulfilling Melissa's assignment without talking to her, made you fail Maple's quest. I haven't tested the latest releases, I don't know if the dev has changed the related code.
yeah I figured that out days ago lol but what I did is went with halfkin cat cut down time I needed a bunch only had to do like 20 runs to get what I needed cause I started with better rep

crypticjaguar

Feb 25, 2019
Check if the mods you activated support the current game version. Many of the old mods didn't work as intended on the latest version.

If you updated (not fresh install) to the current version make sure you deactivate all of the old mods first then activate your new mods.

Yes I seen that most of the mods work on much older versions of the game, so that's probably the issue, though I dont know where to get any old versions.

ruziy

Feb 15, 2019
So I'm on Linux and when starting a new game it stops loading at 41% and the output in the terminal says:
Same problem. As it turned out, this is due to an incomplete archive (missing files). The simplest solution is to download archive with Win32 (or 64, it's not matter) version and replace launcher executable.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
What exactly does speed stat do on gear?
From my experience it is a rather meaningless stat. I believe the game determines the average speed of the player's team and the average speed of the opponents speed (or some similar calculation). Whomever is faster goes first in round 1 of combat. After that it is completely meaningless. And at least a few things seem to make it so that the player gets to do 1 hero action before the enemy even when they lose the speed check.

Now don't get me wrong, most fights do not go many rounds at all. And attacking first can often mean killing people before they even get a turn. But speed points will only make a difference in the case that the opponents are faster than the player and only by the smallest amount. If the player is already faster it makes no difference. If the opponent is faster by more than the speed boost then it also makes no difference.

Would be much more useful and make more sense if a hero that was twice as fast got twice as many turns to attack (but combat is not the most balanced anyway, so not really worth tweaking things like this unless a big overhaul were to happen). As it is I use speed boost only if I have no better boost to use or if I bring a noob along with an experienced hero. If I have a new level 1 person that I want to level up some (and my main is up at level 5+ or some other random level), basically the lvl1 hero is completely ineffective in battle. So with these noobs giving them a weapon that boosts damage or something still leaves them completely ineffective. Plus they lower my team speed average. So I put a dagger +5 speed or something into their hands. They still end up being just as useless in the team, but at least the speed boost changes them into more of simply a wasted space party member instead of a negative penalty.

Reactions: bogialenhe

Remzis

Feb 3, 2019
So I finished story with STR+AGI build.
Now I want to try a Wizard run, but mana is so hard to get. Any tips?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Now I want to try a Wizard run, but mana is so hard to get. Any tips?
As anubis1970 said, you need sex.
The number of both sexual and non-sexual daily interactions is equal to the MC's endurance divided by two and rounded to the higher integer.
When having sex, try to combine multiple continuous actions. My MC roughly gets 50 mana when having sex with one slave, 100 with two and 150 with three of them. Also he gets 10 mana for every satisfied desire.
Oh, and you get some mana also when you rape the enemies once defeated: as long as they are bandits and thugs, your rep is not affected. Your companions must have high lewdness though, or they could react badly.

Reactions: Remzis

Remzis

Feb 3, 2019
As anubis1970 said, you need sex.
The number of both sexual and non-sexual daily interactions is equal to the MC's endurance divided by two and rounded to the higher integer.
When having sex, try to combine multiple continuous actions. My MC roughly gets 50 mana when having sex with one slave, 100 with two and 150 with three of them. Also he gets 10 mana for every satisfied desire.
Oh, and you get some mana also when you rape the enemies once defeated: as long as they are bandits and thugs, your rep is not affected. Your companions must have high lewdness though, or they could react badly.
Good points! Forgot about post battle mana gain.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes