a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
how do you install art packs?
Could someone please address this? I tried looking around and I can't figure it out either.
Get on this screen by clicking on #1 Strive 2019-06-16 19-30-52-05.jpg then click either 2 or 3.

Now click on #4 Strive 2019-06-16 19-31-04-59.jpg and it will open it for you.

You need to make sure the 2 folders are there and just copy and paste the correct ones in. Untitled.jpg

Or go to \AppData\Roaming\Strive

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
So, what do I do as an Alchemist? How do I start to make profit out of it?
Its not what its cut out to be.
To make a profit you must go out and fight the monsters that drop what you need to make potions and then go sell them.

You will make more money having your npc's in jobs like at the mage guild, 5 npc's here will make anywhere from 250 to 400 a day for you.
I had at one time 10 working there making me over 1000 a day.

You must have enough hunters and forgers to keep you in food and supplies and then the rest send them out to do jobs.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
So, what do I do as an Alchemist? How do I start to make profit out of it?
Sell potions. I don't remember which are the most profitable, probably Majorus/Minorus Concoctions.

As for the raw materials: enslaves races that drop essences while having sex (their magic affinity must be 2 or higher though):
- Tainted Essences: 'Demon', 'Arachna', 'Lamia'
- Magic Essences: 'Fairy', 'Drow', 'Dragonkin'
- Nature Essences: 'Dryad'
- Bestial Essences: 'Harpy', 'Centaur', all half/beastkin races
- Fluid Substances: 'Slime','Nereid', "Scylla"

Enemies drop essences too, when defeated. If you don't want to fight, explore the ruins and other dangerous places: there are essences and potions in the chests. If you are agile enough (or if you have a good ranger with you), you can easily avoid all the enemies.

If you want to be an alchemist, consider having a Demon MC.

lindivor

Jun 18, 2017
this shows up if i have requested a slave from sebastian when i save the game and load that save all my slaves are gone
SCRIPT ERROR: load_game: Error calling built-in function 'dict2inst': Invalid instance dictionary <invalid subclasses>
At: res://files/globals.gd:1257
i don't know if this was my fault

tessarhea

Jul 2, 2017
hi guys can i ask what kind of incest it has this game?
Your starting "slave" can be your sister, if you so choose. (Can it be a brother, too? I never cared to find out)
Then you can father or mother any number of generations of descendants and mess around with them, too. Or make them mess around with each other. No support for the player character's father or mother that I'm aware of though.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
So, i need do it for each slave right?
Yes and no, once you have them installed the game will chose a portrait for you, you will either keep it or change to one you like more.
You will always have to chose the body for all but for the main ones like Zoe and such, they have there own in game.

As long as the mod is installed correctly.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Is this game going somewhere? No offense. I liked it when I first played it, but I have no idea what the author is trying to do with it anymore. Actual content updates are rare, instead it's just bugfixes and changes to the UI.
The author isn't trying to do anything with it any more. My understanding is he has considered it "complete" for quite a while now. But he's still continued to address major bugs that have been reported.

He's already released at least the first version of his next game. And he's working on a completely new Strive (same universe, same type play, but different time period). I believe this new Strive is supposed to be a start from scratch with lessons learned and new ideas type build. More equipment slots, better tools for modders, etc.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
... he's working on a completely new Strive (same universe, same type play, but different time period). I believe this new Strive is supposed to be a start from scratch with lessons learned and new ideas type build. More equipment slots, better tools for modders, etc.
Any link, for non-patrons, to where we can read more before we decide whether we want to support the new game?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Any link, for non-patrons, to where we can read more before we decide whether we want to support the new game?
His current demo
As for other places to read, he has far too many sites. Makes it all too confusing more often than not. He's got his patreon, of course. Then he's got itch, a fandom wiki, a blogspot, discord, and several more of which I have no idea which he has an official presence and which he doesn't.

I honestly couldn't tell you which one I got any particular bit of info from. I don't know much more than, those are the 2 games he is working on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
Oh, so this game is technically done?

I just unwittingly dropped 10 hours of playtime into it. o_O

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes