Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone, I just installed this game along with the Aric's expansion mod as well as the bugfix one, for some reason it's running really poorly? As in the game just crashes if I attempt to save with more than 6 slaves (it got slower and slower as I got more slaves). I don't think it's a hardware issue on my end since everything else is running fine, and I've actually played this game like a year ago without any issues. Is it an issue with the mods or something?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I just installed this game along with the Aric's expansion mod as well as the bugfix one, for some reason it's running really poorly? As in the game just crashes if I attempt to save with more than 6 slaves (it got slower and slower as I got more slaves). I don't think it's a hardware issue on my end since everything else is running fine, and I've actually played this game like a year ago without any issues. Is it an issue with the mods or something?
Aric recently released a very buggy update and most of the mod's team have very little experience with programming so there is a huge amount of inefficiency within the mod. That said, 6 slaves is a bit too early for most performance issues to inflate, so I would tend to believe that it is most likely errors rather than performance problems. Saving the game is fairly efficient in terms of processing time and memory so it's hard to imagine that being a performance bottleneck. Also, the game will generally not crash from being too slow, bur if you try to force the game to respond by clicking on the window while it is not responsive then the OS can force a hang/crash.

There are a few things that you can try to narrow down the cause. You can try with just the bugfix mod and not Arics to see if your problem is more generic. Otherwise, if you have 64 bit Windows you can get the Debug mod and see if it reports any errors.

Nov 28, 2019
Aric recently released a very buggy update and most of the mod's team have very little experience with programming so there is a huge amount of inefficiency within the mod. That said, 6 slaves is a bit too early for most performance issues to inflate, so I would tend to believe that it is most likely errors rather than performance problems. Saving the game is fairly efficient in terms of processing time and memory so it's hard to imagine that being a performance bottleneck. Also, the game will generally not crash from being too slow, bur if you try to force the game to respond by clicking on the window while it is not responsive then the OS can force a hang/crash.

There are a few things that you can try to narrow down the cause. You can try with just the bugfix mod and not Arics to see if your problem is more generic. Otherwise, if you have 64 bit Windows you can get the Debug mod and see if it reports any errors.
It is crashing itself without me clicking it, also happens when I walk far enough from wimborn (somewhere around shaliq village). I'll try the debug mod then.

EDIT: Found a bunch of script errors within the Aric's Expansion v1.5 with the debug mod (stuff like invalid call: nonexistent function 'substring' in base 'String). Is it something I can modify myself or is it something I'll have to wait for a fix for? As a side note, if I just disable Aric's expansion will I be able to continue playing my save?

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
It is crashing itself without me clicking it, also happens when I walk far enough from wimborn (somewhere around shaliq village). I'll try the debug mod then.

EDIT: Found a bunch of script errors within the Aric's Expansion v1.5 with the debug mod (stuff like invalid call: nonexistent function 'substring' in base 'String). Is it something I can modify myself or is it something I'll have to wait for a fix for? As a side note, if I just disable Aric's expansion will I be able to continue playing my save?
As stated this was a buggy version, it's unreasonable to expect that you could fix them yourself. However, that particular issue is trivial.

If you change the mod file, then you need to reapply the mod. If you try to change the program file, then the line number will be different than stated.

Nov 28, 2019
As stated this was a buggy version, it's unreasonable to expect that you could fix them yourself. However, that particular issue is trivial.

If you change the mod file, then you need to reapply the mod. If you try to change the program file, then the line number will be different than stated.
Thanks, seemed to fix that but even more bugs appeared later... I guess I'll report it and see if there's any way to salvage my save...

Hirshum23

Nov 7, 2019
Love the game thus far. It's a real RPG giving you tons of options of what to do. I do have a question. Are there ways to give back born with traits like monogamous? I didn't realize traits could potentially change so easily. Lit the first time I sleep with multiple of my female slaves my fav slave loses her trait and becomes fickle. Don't care if any of my other slaves are fickle but I want her to have that trait. can I get that trait back to her or is it lost forever? If there is a way I'd appreciate it if someone took the time to either direct me to something that will help or tell me how whichever is easier. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Took a while but I figured out how to do it via changing script.

Last edited:

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
I have noticed this game is so poorly done that the only real way to play it properly is with the cheats. Must have been a Patreon trick to make people have to buy the game to complete the story properly.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Is there an android port for this?

I have noticed this game is so poorly done that the only real way to play it properly is with the cheats. Must have been a Patreon trick to make people have to buy the game to complete the story properly.
You are not required to be good at this game or like it, but it is not a trick. It was Mav's first game and the balance is a bit wonky in places. It is quite easy to beat without cheats, but it can be counter-intuitive to find those ways so there are several guides out there for getting started. I never play with cheats, which is why the interface hasn't been polished. Here is my guide for a quick start without cheats: https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-for-power-v1-0d-maverik.1136/page-197#post-5975251.

Fun fact: Before I reverted the laboratory quest to require the use of the laboratory for completion, the core story questline could be entirely completed without cheats in a minimum of 2 days. After the changes, the laboratory quest adds an additional 4 days for a minimum of 6 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougTheC

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is there any way to get the cute fox girl in the help section as a slave or fuck her?
Not in game that I am aware of. However, I did photoshop her image out of a screenshot awhile ago. Can add that to the character image directories and then use her for a foxgirl when you find one. Here's the the face and body image.

frostyjames

Apr 7, 2018
No, you are just very bad at video games. I played normally and ended up with so much money that I had nothing to spend it on

yabeki

Mar 23, 2019
White I can definitely understand why you say that, because I also struggled and failed miserably at the first few attempts at the game, there actually is a trick to getting obscenely rich and it doesn't involve cheats or premium stuff at all. I'm going to explain what I did in my current, and only successful run. Some details might not be as important as others, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

I started at Wimborn, which is somewhat helpful for the later couple steps because they sell both daggers and chainmail armours there, but I don't know if that's because it's the spawn city store or because Wimborn actually has a larger store than the other cities. Anyway, at the very start of day 1, you make sure both you and your starter slave have a dagger equipped. Then, buy three supplies and spend the rest of your starter money on ropes, as much as you can afford, and take whatever you can carry with you.

You're ready now, so let's go stalk the outskirts of Wimborn. This here is the hardest part, because enemies are hardly weaker than your party and you'll have to fight a few, but it's okay. If you care about your reputation, only attack bandits. Otherwise, just hunt whoever you come across. Make sure to only fight people with an estimated level of 1, and no groups that outnumber you. Lastly, once you reach the end of the outskirts, explore them again. Don't go deeper, don't move to a new area. You aren't strong enough for that just yet.

Now, for the ropes you brought with you. Only capture enemies if they're at least normal, or you risk earning less money for selling them than the ropes cost you. The exception is fancy races like elves, because they're more valuable than humans either way. If you see a group of two level 1 bandits bullying a bystander, go fight them and ask for money from the bystander after. It pays well for this stage of the game. Oh, and if you're about to run out of hp or stamina, rush to the end of the outskirts and rest. It costs you the three supplies you bought, but it restores your party's stamina and hp back to full. Go get the most out of the day.

Once you're getting low on stats and you used your three supplies for the day, or if you ran out of ropes, go back to the city and sell your freshly captured slaves. That's right, don't train them, don't raise them, just pawn them off immediately. It'll earn you some money. Not much, but we'll get there.

Now, for skill points. You might feel like enemies do a lot of damage, so rushing endurance can look sweet indeed, but that's not what you should start off with. You should instead try to max strength as quickly as you can, so you deal more damage. Trust me on this one, it'll fall into place pretty quickly. And level up your starter slave too, whenever you can. They also need strength first. Also try to put 2 points in agility quickly, but it doesn't have to be the first levelup. I would suggest having 2 agility by the third levelup at least though.

And now for money, see how many ropes you can carry with you, both with the three supplies in your inventory and if you're only carrying ropes. Add these two numbers up and make sure you have that amount of ropes in your storage at all times from now on, and also make sure you always own three supplies. You should save up any spare, leftover money until you can buy chainmail armour. Skip the leather, it's terrible. Chainmail armour will straight-up make you immortal in the Wimborn outskirts. Once you and your starter slave are immortal, save up money to buy long swords for the both of you, and you'll absolutely wreck everyone in the outskirts like it's nothing. After that, get travelling bags so you can carry more rope.

From there on, keep grinding and get stronger. Try to complete the Mages Order request, but don't give them your starter slave for it. Healing is a great spell, but you won't want to solo your hunting trips. Try to slowly expand your own slave group as well. If you feel like you and your starter are strong enough on their own, have extra slaves clean and forage food to save money. Otherwise, follow the same system as before and get them armed with chainmail and longsword. Once you feel confident in your combat power, move on to the Ancient Forest and see how well you do there. If that's easy enough, go either to the Elven Grove, or through Shaliq Village into the Eerie Woods.

And now this, this is where I congratulate you, because you're about to become the richest person in the world of Strive. Because over in these two areas, you can run into fairies. The Eerie Woods have dryads as well. And the great thing about dryads and fairies is, they sell for a lot if you pawn them off. I'm talking 300+ gold easy. Capture them all. Who cares about beauty and traits? Just grab them and sell them off immediately.

And just to be clear, this sounds like it'd be the slaver speciality route that would fail miserably if you were, say, an alchemist, but that's not true. When I say I earned 300 gold from selling an untrained dryad, I'm talking about my mage run. If you chose the slaver specialty, you probably don't even need to worry about the beauty of human slaves, because I don't think you can make a loss on slaves with the slaver's selling bonus.

Good luck now.

Multy2k

Jun 24, 2020
I want to share my way to power... lol. This is a good game overall with endings depends on what you did in your way up to power.

A bit boring on the sex side but that is why imagination is needed. Maple makes the sex part better for me... I love her the most...

First off. Starter hunter elf, Winborn, endurance upgrade, and a demon sister with magic affinity or a beastkin wolf childhood friend with strength upgrade, either way is good

Since there are a lot things to do, I always divide my days into :
1. Check the slave market for easy requests and available slaves
2. Interactions
3. Adventures

I get Emily and my first slaves as workers for money to get early armor. And I only start adventuring after I obtain Mind Blast. My first 2 level ups always for endurance of the MC, and agility or magic for my battle team.

After mind blast is acquired, well... game is pretty much done... just mind blast every enemy that moves and always asks for money from the rescue encounters (unless you want him or her as slaves). Armor can be acquired early, and I never attack so a dagger is suffice. I think mindblast is OP since there are no magic defense in this game.

NEVER venture out from Winborn outskirt, just keep on exploring Winborn outskirt. I only attack bandit that bully the people for money. And only after my stamina is depleted entirely, I camp to restore stamina.

How about mana you say? Get a generic slave, and have sex with him or her until she or he breaks. Then cast sedation... lol... I love magic...

Always be on the lookout for Beautiful, Cute, Pretty slaves. They are the best money maker or bedroom pillow in the game. Do not waste resources with normal slaves, or below unless you need them for a quest or other... ...stuff... ...

That is it i guess. I managed to beat the game in 30 days... I can maybe go faster if I do not chase Maple... or collect other characters.

I think dev need to patch awareness for hunter, not getting ambushed means not fighting at all. I can safely go to Gorn on level 1 and Frost town with some escapes.

Next I will go for hard mode (potion starter and frost town). Winborn hunter is just tutorial I guess...

Multy2k

Jun 24, 2020
Finished my `hard mode`

Demon starter (bad rep), frostford (cannot buy food), alchemist (useless in frostford)

The biggest difference is early hunting for food and early generic slave for prostituting. Then level up one beastwolf with at least 2 agi and the MC to be able to endure running naked from Frostford to Wimborn to buy the teleport stone.

The rest is history...

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes