Besharia

May 6, 2018
So I found it the portrait and bodies folder is C:\Users\%User Profile%\Appdata\Roaming\Strive

when unpacking the archives do not unpack the actual folder. Navigate down one level till you see all the portrait files and place those in the portrait and bodies folders the game itself created. You'll know you did it right cause you'll go to change a character's portrait or full body and it'll show a folder with a large amount of files in them. I'd create a guide but I have no way of posting it in the OP.

This was not intuitive or easy to find because I don't read minds and there is no documentation. Just saying for all the "they should search" well theres no way to search within a thread and the forum search turned up nothing. Ironically I google searched it and a post on itch.io gave me the necessary info. Oh and there is no FAQ in the OP for the portrait and body pack question.

D

Deleted member 227835

I have used the search engine to browse posts throughout the thread, but have been unable to find what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a list which explains what each and every variable does in the variables file for the purposes of editing. I know some of them are pretty self explanatory, but there's some I'm unsure of. Just wondering if anyone has ever posted a guide explaining each of the different editable variables for the game and what each of them do.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Which portrait pack is the best one? Which one would you guys recommend?
Bumping this question as I read through several pages and didn't find an answer. Any related information about portraits would be most welcome. Should male and female portraits go in the same folder? How do portraits reference the bodies?

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
LeLurker bodies and portraits.

Referenced by file name. Body must have the same file name as it's portrait. Name must be unique for each set. If you use "Customization - Full Body Image", body without a proper portrait will not display. You can assign portrait only by using "Customization - Portrait" and uncheck the "Assign Both" box.

Male and female portraits can go into the same folder. However, without any modification, version 5.19 will assign random portrait regardless of gender. In version 5.19, extra portraits (without the bodies) are more useful.

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
I have used the search engine to browse posts throughout the thread, but have been unable to find what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a list which explains what each and every variable does in the variables file for the purposes of editing. I know some of them are pretty self explanatory, but there's some I'm unsure of. Just wondering if anyone has ever posted a guide explaining each of the different editable variables for the game and what each of them do.
Most of them are self explanatory. May be you can just ask for the specific one.

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
These two I was unsure of:

var basesexactions = 1
var basenonsexactions = 1
The player character can initiate interactions with NPCs who reside in the mansion. These interactions are generally beneficial, since they typically make the NPC more valuable (e.g. increase obedience) - or generate resources (mana, essences). If the player was able to interact infinitely with NPCs then they could print infinite resources. Therefore the total number of interactions per day is capped. The player will quickly run out of opportunities, and therefore they'll need to engage in riskier behavior (e.g. exploration and combat) in order to acquire more resources.

The number of opportunities is calculated on the basis of the player character's Stamina value, and so this limit will gradually increase as the player progresses through the game and gains levels. However, you can edit the baseline number of interactions. Instead of 1, you could set it to 100. Doing so would allow you to interact with each of your NPCs on each day, instead of carefully choosing which NPCs need the most attention. This would involve a tedious amount of clicking (hold hands, pat head, drink wine, then repeat the procedure for dozens of NPCs) ... but if you want to remove the numeric limit then you're free to do so.

Alternatively, you could just increase the limit a bit (e.g. because you prefer to run harems which are larger than those for which the game was balanced). Perhaps you might choose a baseline value of 4 instead of 1. Or you might reduce it to 0, so that your PC cannot do any 1-on-1 slave training until you've gained a few levels.

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Also, the value in variables.gd is for starting character at level 1 before the effect of endurance. Every 2 endurance level will add another action point. If you add one endurance during character creation (human with 5 endurance), the number of action will be updated on second day to 3. If you change the variable to 3 for example, you will have 5 actions with 5 endurance.

Oct 14, 2017
LeLurker bodies and portraits.

Referenced by file name. Body must have the same file name as it's portrait. Name must be unique for each set. If you use "Customization - Full Body Image", body without a proper portrait will not display. You can assign portrait only by using "Customization - Portrait" and uncheck the "Assign Both" box.

Male and female portraits can go into the same folder. However, without any modification, version 5.19 will assign random portrait regardless of gender. In version 5.19, extra portraits (without the bodies) are more useful.
I'd recommend newer . Specifically maybe . However if going this route, then definitely should add the . It sets both the portrait and body if there are matching files, and it matches the portrait on race, age, and sex, and tries to match it on hair/fur, skin, tit size, and ass size of the given slave.

Here's direct links to mega if you don't want to check the itch forums:

For the portrait+body pack, you want the bodies and portraits folders inside the rar to end up in %APPDATA%\Strive\ and not the top folder in the pack. For the mod, you need to create %APPDATA%\Strive\Mods\ if it doesn't exist, and then extract the mod to that folder.

If you're having trouble getting to/finding this folder, make a new shortcut in windows, right click on desktop or a folder and choose New->Shortcut, and enter this as the location: %APPDATA%\Strive

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
May be a stupid question, but... When I want to open "Full Body Image" game crashes. Any way to fix it? Trying to make that mod above work and my current attempts can be summarized in two words: epic fail.

Oct 14, 2017
May be a stupid question, but... When I want to open "Full Body Image" game crashes. Any way to fix it? Trying to make that mod above work and my current attempts can be summarized in two words: epic fail.
The game loads every image in the folder, if you're using the pack I recommended... that's a lot of stuff it's loading, and it can run out of memory and crash. Basically, once you have a good collection of images, the portraits and body selectors are practically useless as they take forever to load, if they don't crash on your computer. I started work on a mod that'd only load those images on-demand. It's got a few issues though, but maybe better than it just outright crashing for some people.

To get the mod working, what do you need? You shouldn't need to open that image selector. If this is an existing game and you just want to apply a new portrait to an existing slave, the mod adds a "Random portrait" button to the slave's customization panel which should set a new random portrait.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
The game loads every image in the folder, if you're using the pack I recommended... that's a lot of stuff it's loading, and it can run out of memory and crash. Basically, once you have a good collection of images, the portraits and body selectors are practically useless as they take forever to load, if they don't crash on your computer. I started work on a mod that'd only load those images on-demand. It's got a few issues though, but maybe better than it just outright crashing for some people.

To get the mod working, what do you need? You shouldn't need to open that image selector. If this is an existing game and you just want to apply a new portrait to an existing slave, the mod adds a "Random portrait" button to the slave's customization panel which should set a new random portrait.
1. A mod that would automatically add full body image would be great, especially if it matched current portrait. Its a pain when you can't access some in-game stuff.

2. It works now. I just needed to stop being stupid. But sometimes it does not add any image. For example, after a quick start the game rolled for me male fox (forgot if that was halfkin or beastkin) and got blank. Random portrait button did not worked, needed to add manually.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
I'd recommend newer . Specifically maybe . However if going this route, then definitely should add the . It sets both the portrait and body if there are matching files, and it matches the portrait on race, age, and sex, and tries to match it on hair/fur, skin, tit size, and ass size of the given slave.

Here's direct links to mega if you don't want to check the itch forums:

For the portrait+body pack, you want the bodies and portraits folders inside the rar to end up in %APPDATA%\Strive\ and not the top folder in the pack. For the mod, you need to create %APPDATA%\Strive\Mods\ if it doesn't exist, and then extract the mod to that folder.

If you're having trouble getting to/finding this folder, make a new shortcut in windows, right click on desktop or a folder and choose New->Shortcut, and enter this as the location: %APPDATA%\Strive

Thanks for sharing this. Should I delete the previous portrait and body pics after downloading your link? Have no idea if the old pics will mess with the mod. The portraits and body I use is from the original post.

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes