Collection Flash Video Studio FOW Collection [2023-07-08] [Studio F.O.W]

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
... Well considering they've said that they're going to go back to doing vids, and they've even said at the start of the new year a part of the team working on the game will go back to making vids, then yeah I'm gonna say they're gonna go back to making vids my guy

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Well that may be because they've dedicated their entire team to working on the game since they raised like $2 million (USD), so it probably takes a bit of priority over the videos, until later when they go back to working on them like they've said. But no, yeah you're probably right, despite the fact that they've over and over said they're going to go back to videos once Subverse is finished, they're definitely done of it, totally.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Viger

Sep 19, 2017
It's right there in the FAQ's for the KS page after all...
Look, i am not talking about if they are going to make videos again. I am talking about videos with "percentage done" on their progress page deleted, they no longer exist. I mean, christ, these guys used to say there is going to be a short movie every month, in like 2016, look how many of them they did.

Viger

Sep 19, 2017
Look at when was their Patreon taken down, and when they stopped with "one video a month".

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
That's probably why they've gone away from giving specific dates for shit and instead saying it'll be done when it's done. Would you want one shitty video from them a month and turn into the same thing a lot of game dev's are on patreon, grinding their way month to month to get the most cash they can, or would you prefer to actually get quality? As to whether they'll go back to them I don't know, ask them. Maybe they'll go back to them maybe they won't, either way they want to move to Unreal to create movies, that's why they're doing Subverse first

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
It's in Beta right now, the only thing they have you testing is the SHMUP section, for now. Well actually it's the first mission, with no story stuff, as well as the tutorial, and then it goes into the endless mode. Works really well and looks really good.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Look, i am not talking about if they are going to make videos again. I am talking about videos with "percentage done" on their progress page deleted, they no longer exist. I mean, christ, these guys used to say there is going to be a short movie every month, in like 2016, look how many of them they did.
Yes...and their staff page is gone too. Surprisingly not updating a website frequently isn't that high on a priority list when you're busy making a full retail game.

And yes, we were getting short films inbetween big releases. And then their Patreon got axed. So while two of them worked on finishing K3 (their last big SFM production), the others were A) porting over the other films that had been in production (the rest of Scarlet Nights, Jessica rabbit sequel, the Witcher project, the various kunoichi spinoffs, and others) over to UE4, and B) starting production on what eventually became Subverse.

There is 0 chance that the films don't come back. They clearly explained why they went with a game first. It's an original IP (therefore there's no chance of a company taking it down and they can make a profit off of this). Secondly it gives their animators more time to get used to the engine. Compare their earliest SFM film to their last, the jump in quality only went up. So when they restart their film production, they want to do it on the best footing possible.

I get the desire to see their films again. Knowing several of their projects that are on hold (as well as some unannounced ones you haven't seen a clue of), I'm anticipating them too. But they're a small studio, and these things take time. All ya need is patience.

Reactions: observer80

Serpentuss

May 6, 2017
It's in Beta right now, the only thing they have you testing is the SHMUP section, for now. Well actually it's the first mission, with no story stuff, as well as the tutorial, and then it goes into the endless mode. Works really well and looks really good.
Thank you for all the good info :)

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Forgot this one even existed. Will still take a while to release, so i don't expect anything tbh.

observer80

Jul 8, 2017
The only info from FOW I can find is this post on their Twitter page

"Help us hit 60k followers on Twitter, and we will release Project Snow"

They aren't even half way to that number! If Studio FOW is serious about this then it's going to take a couple of days/weeks!

Edit: More like months

Just by freak accident, I was going back and reading the posts and saw that I made this post on January 4th. Almost exactly a year ago to the day. Today is the 4th of December and they are 2,000 away from their promise of releasing Project Snow. Will they hit the mark with 1 month remaining???!!!