VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest update post from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 10/19/2022

A little test of the first of the title screens hot off the presses. And a little spoiler about when the update might take place.

Script is in the same place, no further news for now

About 922 rendered out of 1000 posed. Just chugging along. Expect the rest of the week will be spent rendering the remaining poses to get us to an even 1000 completed renders at least. We'll see how many more I can get posed once those are caught up. I always end up with a large backlog of poses, so I've been trying out a new method of stopping posing at certain points and letting renders catch up with them. Been enjoying how it's felt so far.

Animations are coming along, about 3 of the 6 for this current batch are functionally complete. I hope to knock the other three out this week and that should have me at about 11. If my prediction of about 20-25 remains accurate that puts me at around halfway give or take a couple in each direction.

That's about all the news today, thanks for stopping by.

As always I appreciate the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Nikola100A

Apr 14, 2021
Check Stew's Patreon, there should be link to Discord
Upd: here you go to make things easier, hopefully I linked it correctly -
A late reply, but thank you very much!
Edit: I opened the link, the invite's expired, I tried to go on the patreon, but I couldn't find it. There is a probably a hyperlink in the game, but I don't have it installed, so would you be kind enough to send one more?

Nikola100A

Apr 14, 2021
Guess I should go over the number, but I'm not sure what insight I can offer. STWAdev completed 103 renders in the last 6 days, thus averaging ~120 renders per week. Overall, he is now averaging roughly 72 renders/week since Part 4 launched. Words seem to be in a stable orbit around 37,000 pending a revised draft, but we can't do much fine tuning. Meanwhile, clear details on animations continue to lurk just beyond the range of our most advanced sensors as proof of their nefarious intent. So it's all about the renders. If you prefer the latest datum in chart form, here you go:
If we judge by renders alone and assume Part 5 will be about the same size as Parts 3 and 4, it seems like we'd be done around the new year. (Maybe mid-January since the holidays tend to eat some time.) That's a reasonable guess in the absence of any further inputs, but obviously there's a lot of uncertainty.
These are some pretty well considered and thought out charts! Care to make an update to them?

• Sad
Reactions: ename144

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
A late reply, but thank you very much!
Edit: I opened the link, the invite's expired, I tried to go on the patreon, but I couldn't find it. There is a probably a hyperlink in the game, but I don't have it installed, so would you be kind enough to send one more?
Sure.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest update post from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 10/19/2022

A little test of the first of the title screens hot off the presses. And a little spoiler about when the update might take place.

Script is in the same place, no further news for now

About 922 rendered out of 1000 posed. Just chugging along. Expect the rest of the week will be spent rendering the remaining poses to get us to an even 1000 completed renders at least. We'll see how many more I can get posed once those are caught up. I always end up with a large backlog of poses, so I've been trying out a new method of stopping posing at certain points and letting renders catch up with them. Been enjoying how it's felt so far.

Animations are coming along, about 3 of the 6 for this current batch are functionally complete. I hope to knock the other three out this week and that should have me at about 11. If my prediction of about 20-25 remains accurate that puts me at around halfway give or take a couple in each direction.

That's about all the news today, thanks for stopping by.

As always I appreciate the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Well, I'm certainly confused. It appears STWAdev has completed 119 static renders and three animations in the last week. But it certainly sounds as though that brings him up to 8 complete animations, and even looking back over his previous updates I don't see where he completed them. :confused: Assuming that's correct, we're now averaging ~76 renders and 0.7 animations per week since Part 4 launched, much better (animation-wise) than previous suspected - especially since we confirmed an estimated target of 20-25 animations. Words still seem to be holding steady as the script is reviewed. Here are the charts:
As you can see, animations now seem to be fairly well in hand. Static renders are the evident bottleneck, at least assuming this update is roughly the same size as the last one. I'd say we're currently looking at a release around the start of 2023. But given the difficulty I'm having parsing the numbers we've been given, I'd definitely take my prognostications with an extra helping of salt.

These are some pretty well considered and thought out charts! Care to make an update to them?
Thanks, but evidently they weren't well-considered enough. Hope these hold up better!

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Do i have to play the writer in order to play this game?
It's a good game and it doesn't hurt ... But having done so, I'd say no, but there are strong hints in this game about what happens in The Author, so if you think you MIGHT play it, you should do it first.

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes