VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of teasers from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sneak Peek 10/23/2022

Just a little Vi tease, because she's cute and deserved it. Also I'm just happy with this scene in general. Slowly but surely the ladies of Unbroken are going to start making overtures. I think it may surprise folks who who swings the hardest next though...

While it's been pretty side girl heavy so far our main cast is eager to catch up. And with the animation work I've been doing I'm also eager to catch them up.

Okay, back to the render cave for me.

Unrelated, but for those who aren't on my Twitter or Discord and missed this render I'm sneaking it here. Cause I love it.

Don't forget that I put all sorts of renders in those two places you might be missing if you aren't there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks as always for the support, and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
She's a good choice, but I'm wondering if it will be the female vet at the center.
Don't remember such a person. But if there is one (that's not, say, Elspeth), we've had enough sex with side girls who will never make the final cut. Those girls serve their purpose at the beginning of a game, but we're beyond that now. It's time to focus on the main prospects. Only one of them down, four more to go.

If we have to have someone else for filler, the MC can have another go at Serena, who for my money is actually good enough to be a main girl, but doesn't appear to be one. And seconds (or thirds or...) with Amrit wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Reactions: mupp778 and Redd23

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Don't remember such a person. But if there is one (that's not, say, Elspeth), we've had enough sex with side girls who will never make the final cut. Those girls serve their purpose at the beginning of a game, but we're beyond that now. It's time to focus on the main prospects. Only one of them down, four more to go.

If we have to have someone else for filler, the MC can have another go at Serena, who for my money is actually good enough to be a main girl, but doesn't appear to be one. And seconds (or thirds or...) with Amrit wouldn't be a bad thing either.
I was just throwing out someone you might not expect, but that has had at least two brief interactions - I believe the first was the first time at the center (I think MC ended up giving her money to move out - baked goods were going to be a thank you if I recall), and a second time in the most recent release, not counting her participation in the group at the very end of the episode, I think. It all kind of runs together. Or, if you took up with the ring girl, maybe she makes a run at a relationship, but I very much doubt that.

It will probably be someone more mainline, but I doubt El or Vi - probably Kana, given the illustration he just had to share. ;)

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I believe Krystal2 was referring to Katie Kafton, the recently divorced woman who invited the MC to her home to test her baking skills a little while back. It's certainly implied something could happen with her.
Katie.jpg

I agree it would probably be better focus more on the main girls at this point, but Katie's a pretty solid option if we are going to get another side girl. As a vet she has links to a bunch of other characters and she could illustrate how an infamous MC might unintentionally drag his romantic partners into a spotlight.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think with how slowly the main girls are being trickled into potential relationships, any more side girl stuff is just dragging it out needlessly.

This game turned me into MrFriendly, a guy notoriously picky with his game women.

I loved the first game and the girls were all excellent yet here I find myself more excited for the story because the girls are lagging behind it.

By episode 4 of the first game I had several saves for all the LI's and the throuple ....... I still only have 1 here with no LI picked.

Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the characters but nothing is clicking "romantically". I don't know if it's because of how the MC acts or because the girls on a go slow. All I know is I played the first for the girls and i'm playing this for the story and that weirds me out a little bit.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I believe Krystal2 was referring to Katie Kafton, the recently divorced woman who invited the MC to her home to test her baking skills a little while back. It's certainly implied something could happen with her.
View attachment 2126945

I agree it would probably be better focus more on the main girls at this point, but Katie's a pretty solid option if we are going to get another side girl. As a vet she has links to a bunch of other characters and she could illustrate how an infamous MC might unintentionally drag his romantic partners into a spotlight.
She's the one!

I expected her to be a side girl early on, and the only way I see her being one now is if there's a big push by her soon, like maybe the next release. Still, I put even money on Kana and maybe 5:1 on Katie.

Reactions: Walter Victor

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Personally, I'd love to see more VNs treat side girls a little better than they usually do. Why can't side girls just be LIs who don't have a full-featured route but do have an ending of sorts to go along with their sporadic appearances in game? Even if the ending turns out just to be a single render featuring the lovers being happy together along with some text, I'd love that. In the case of Unbroken, my favorite characters seem to have side girl status at the moment so I wonder if my version of the MC will have any chance at a happy ending.

Did The Author have a forever alone type ending? Here, I could easily imagine an Ultimate Playboy type of ending for Valentine where he continues to eschew commitment and doesn't leave even a single ring girl unloved and unappreciated. Personal growth and dealing with lingering mental health issues are way overrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: rKnight

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think with how slowly the main girls are being trickled into potential relationships, any more side girl stuff is just dragging it out needlessly.

This game turned me into MrFriendly, a guy notoriously picky with his game women.

I loved the first game and the girls were all excellent yet here I find myself more excited for the story because the girls are lagging behind it.

By episode 4 of the first game I had several saves for all the LI's and the throuple ....... I still only have 1 here with no LI picked.

Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the characters but nothing is clicking "romantically". I don't know if it's because of how the MC acts or because the girls on a go slow. All I know is I played the first for the girls and i'm playing this for the story and that weirds me out a little bit.
Lol, didn’t realize that being a picky grouch was infectious! I know it’s weird but I usually judge the “girls” in games by their writing/personality. All of them are going to be fucking gorgeous, in some way, so what stands out is “who” they are on the inside… In this one a lot of them feel like kid sisters more than love interests.On top that the MC feels like a clusterfuck in terms of mental health so it would be a bad idea for him to enter into a relationship with other people who are also in a moment of crisis.
Someone needs to make a game about people who get together in a moment of trauma and then have their relationship fall apart…

Ava, hopefully you find someone to “love” in the next update or two. Either that or roll a d6 ;)

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes