VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked

Yo!
So it occurred to me this week that even though this is the vaunted "beach episode" I really haven't put out a lot of beach and swimming related previews, so here they are.
Hope you have a lovely upcoming week.
VIBikiniPreview.png InesBikiniPreview.png

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked
Check In 06/14/2023
If you're on discord you saw the other version of this image, but I snuck out another one for you folks today. Some folks might be wondering why SF6 Cammy Els. Well one because I just thought the look was great and two this is my first "official" Blender render. As I've mentioned before my biggest challenge when I switched animating over Blender was making the lighting as close as possible, as the two programs work differently and essentially I have to relearn to get my Blender lighting as close to my Daz work as I can. So decided this would be a fun bit of practice while I waited on other renders to cook. Shoutout as always to Puggy for helping me out with my work in Blender.
Renders are 3473 of 3589 completed. Should hopefully be finishing up the super slow scene this weekend barring acts of God or men with axes. Had some minor tech issues yesterday that cost me a few hours, but it was an easy fix and we're back cooking as I speak... or type rather.
Animations are still in the same place as last week, no fun updates here.
As I mentioned last week, back end things are being worked on while I wait on renders to cook. Found some folks who were willing to license out their music to me, that haven't been used in a dozen other VNs so I'm pretty happy with that. Otherwise it's just tightening what I can where I can and tapping my toes in the hope it will make renders cook faster.
Nothing more from me today, thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week.
Sláinte!

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
well author went to 7 chapters but this goes further so 10+.
Are you sure? Author went to 7 chapters but they were quite smaller than this one's chapters. The Entire STWA: Author was ~5000 renders.
This is already quite bigger than Author, nearly double the Author already (at 5 parts).
If it goes to 10 parts, it would be easily 3 times as big as Author.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Are you sure? Author went to 6 chapters (I think) but they were quite smaller than this one's chapters. This is already quite bigger than Author. If it goes to 10 parts, it would be easily 3 times as big as Author.
author: ch 7.1

and yes it was smaller since besides endings everything (mostly) happened inside same city while in this has travelling to other places.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
author: ch 7.1

and yes it was smaller since besides endings everything (mostly) happened inside same city while in this has travelling to other places.
Yeah, I checked and edited. But I also counted the renders and Author is ~5000 renders while this is already sitting at 9000 renders. If it goes to part 10 it would be 3-4 times as big as Author!
Considering the quality of the first couple of chapters I have played, and Author, a beast of that size would be equivalent to a dirty 3A game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I checked and edited. But I also counted the renders and Author is ~5000 renders while this is already sitting at 9000 renders.
well yea but this won't end in part 6 or part 7 unless dev does rushed ending (most likely won't).

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
well yea but this won't end in part 6 or part 7 unless dev does rushed ending (most likely won't).
I think we agree. I am just making calculations, not demanding the story to end. :) We were warned this is bigger than Author. I just didn't expect it to be 3 times bigger. And I say 3 times bigger as I expect it to end by chapter 8 or 9.

As for chapter 7... by the size of the latest chapters I would have to disagree. 80000 words and 5000 renders are enough to close everything. But I agree with you that this doesn't seem to be the goal. I think we were told a year or so ago that 8 parts were planned. Since those things usually balloon, I would expect it to be ... 9 parts.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think we agree. I am just making calculations, not demanding the story to end. :) We were warned this is bigger than Author. I just didn't expect it to be 3 times bigger. And I say 3 times bigger as I expect it to end by chapter 8 or 9.

As for chapter 7... by the size of the latest chapters I would have to disagree. 80000 words and 5000 renders are enough to close everything. But I agree with you that this doesn't seem to be the goal. I think we were told a year or so ago that 8 parts were planned. Since those things usually balloon, I would expect it to be ... 9 parts.
The MC has his number 1 Contender fight in part 6, unless the time jumps increase massively within each part and there are suddenly multiple fights in 1 part, there should be at the very least 4 more fights including the one in part 6. And given that Amrith and Allistair have to fight too, I find it highly unlikely that we ever get 2 MC fights in 1 part.

Number 1 Contender at Light Heavyweight
Light Heavyweight Championship Fight
Number 1 Contender at Heavyweight
Heavyweight Championship Fight

And that's assuming that the MC's originally stated goal to be the first 3 Division Champion in history no longer applies; but if it does it would add another fight for the Middleweight Championship, although it is unheard of to challenge downwards in weightclasses, so that would be another first.

So unless something changes drastically, at least 9 parts and quite possibly 10 would be my guess.

Reactions: Walter Victor

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I actually think it is possible to do 2 MC fights in one update as the updates are large enough to cover that. But yeah. It seems that 9 parts are needed and by the time we get to the 9th part, the game would have increased again and jump to 10 parts.
So I expect another year and a half.

mupp778

Sep 22, 2017

From memory, the dev has stated that this will have 16 chapters iirc

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
From memory, the dev has stated that this will have 16 chapters iirc
Perhaps this was an early assessment considering the size of Author chapters. 16 chapters of that size actually sound too many. I don't want the story rushed, but I would like to reach the end. 16 chapters would equal 3 books in size and in order to be of the quality we have seen so far they would take about 3-4 more years.
Keep in mind that 80K words (where we stand now) in a VN do not equal 80K words in a book. You don't need detailed descriptions of many things as you can see them. So, every 5-6 chapters of this VN would equal 300 book pages.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Perhaps this was an early assessment considering the size of Author chapters. 16 chapters of that size actually sound too many. I don't want the story rushed, but I would like to reach the end. 16 chapters would equal 3 books in size and in order to be of the quality we have seen so far they would take about 3-4 more years.
Keep in mind that 80K words (where we stand now) in a VN do not equal 80K words in a book. You don't need detailed descriptions of many things as you can see them. So, every 5-6 chapters of this VN would equal 300 book pages.
I feel like you can't really compare VN with a Book in terms of length and for comparisons.

Books are A LOT more descriptive since they lack the visual medium of visual novels. Sure there are a lot of words and such but I think a lot of that can be the programming side and then you take into account the fact that this is a choose your own adventure story, there are deviations that would mean the end product of a VN is going to be shorter than a normal book, it just has a lot of replayability.

Reactions: troll822
4.70 star(s) 112 Votes