VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's another Patreon update from the developer:

08/24/2022

Another quick and easy one today.

About 19,000 words of the script completed, just tap tap tapping away.

All new sets and characters have been completed. And I'll be starting primary renders this weekend.

Animation practice is going well. Had to slow a bit with it while I finished primary update work, but I'm back to full capacity this week now that set building is complete.

For my Blue Belts and above don't forget that this Sunday I'll be doing an art stream on my Discord you'll get a little sneak of the upcoming episode and hopefully we'll have a little fun. 12pm MST as per my usual schedule.

That's everything of note today.

Thanks as always for the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Here's another Patreon update from the developer:

08/24/2022

Another quick and easy one today.

About 19,000 words of the script completed, just tap tap tapping away.

All new sets and characters have been completed. And I'll be starting primary renders this weekend.

Animation practice is going well. Had to slow a bit with it while I finished primary update work, but I'm back to full capacity this week now that set building is complete.

For my Blue Belts and above don't forget that this Sunday I'll be doing an art stream on my Discord you'll get a little sneak of the upcoming episode and hopefully we'll have a little fun. 12pm MST as per my usual schedule.

That's everything of note today.

Thanks as always for the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Another week, another 8000 words. Overall, we're now averaging ~4586 words/week since Part 4 launched (and presumably still 0 renders and animations per week). Here's the chart:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not a lot to add, really. It looks like we'll reach the estimated word count between weeks 6 and 7, which is similar to progress back in Part 4. If the pattern holds, we should start to see some render numbers soon.

Last edited:

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
Which games would you people say have a similar style of writing and thought put into like this one? I don't mean mindless fuckfest games like Once in a Lifetime and etc.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Another week, another 8000 words. Overall, we're now averaging ~4586 words/week since Part 4 launched (and presumably still 0 renders and animations per week). Here's the chart:
Not a lot to add, really. It looks like we'll reach the estimated word count between weeks 6 and 7, which is similar to progress back in Part 4. If the pattern holds, we should start to see some render numbers soon.
Which games would you people say have a similar style of writing and thought put into like this one? I don't mean mindless fuckfest games like Once in a Lifetime and etc.
Any more ideas about spicing up the gloom and doom of the past?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
the author. :p

reunion and rise of the crimelord

rest ask on recommendations.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of previews from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 08/28/2022

A couple more fresh renders today. Rendering will be starting in earnest this week.

The above scene is one of the two potential scenes I'll be working on in our art stream today so you'll be seeing a little more if you choose to drop by.

For those interested in the stream we'll be starting about two hours from this post, hope to see some of you there.

Thanks as always for your support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check in 09/01/2022

Oh jeezum crow, sorry this update is a little later, I lost track of my days. I'm pretty sure it's been Tuesday for three straight days in mind.

Anywho...

About 28,500 words of the script completed. Think I should have my first complete draft in the next week or so. Then as usual I'll be going over it again for a bit, making edits and tweaks. The goal is to have my final draft off to the proofer early Oct.

Renders started nicely this week, at the time of writing we have 100 renders completed of the 107 that have been posed so far.

Additionally started my first set of animations for the update this week. Not sure yet how many will bee in each set so I can't give early numbers on that yet.

That's about it, just working back into the bulk of the update flow, old hat at this point.

Thanks as always for the support, and I hope you have a lovely September.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check in 09/01/2022

Oh jeezum crow, sorry this update is a little later, I lost track of my days. I'm pretty sure it's been Tuesday for three straight days in mind.

Anywho...

About 28,500 words of the script completed. Think I should have my first complete draft in the next week or so. Then as usual I'll be going over it again for a bit, making edits and tweaks. The goal is to have my final draft off to the proofer early Oct.

Renders started nicely this week, at the time of writing we have 100 renders completed of the 107 that have been posed so far.

Additionally started my first set of animations for the update this week. Not sure yet how many will bee in each set so I can't give early numbers on that yet.

That's about it, just working back into the bulk of the update flow, old hat at this point.

Thanks as always for the support, and I hope you have a lovely September.

Sláinte!
Let's see, it look like we've completed 100 renders and 9500 words in the 8 days since the last update, an average of ~87 renders and 8312 words per week. Overall we're now averaging just under 19 renders and 5392 words per week since Part 4 launched. Still no numbers for animations, but it sounds like they're in the works now. Here are the charts:
At our current pace we're still a long way off from matching Part 4's render total, but render production ramped up in Part 4 so it probably will here, too. It looks like the script is pretty well in hand; we won't know if renders or animations will be the main bottleneck until we start getting some animation numbers. Not much to do for now but wait patiently.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of teasers from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 09/04/2022

Just a look at my two favorite images of the update cycle so far. They're silly and they make me smile which sometimes you need. It's occasionally nice to have a little whimsy in your day.

Next weekend we'll have an outfit poll for a character that some of you (Not naming names but people will know) have been clamoring about for some time now. Additionally should have the VOD of last weeks art stream up for those who couldn't make it by then. Just haven't found the time to sit down and trim some of the fat.
That's it this weekend, thanks for your support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Patreon progress report from the developer:

Check In 09/07/2022

Hello my lovely patrons! Time for our ever so fun weekly details!

About 36,000 words of the script completed. Nearing the end of the draft I think. I'm currently plinking away at a scene that I like, but that really needs some tuning. If I end up getting it where I'd like it'll add about 5000-7000 words on it's own. At least in it's current form. We'll see how it goes as I finish it up, but it's my last major writing "hurdle."

Renders progressing at a decent pace at the time of writing 183 renders completed of the 238 that have been posed.

Still on that first set of animations, had to fix some technical stuff on that end, but that's done and we're back in the driver seat.

That's about all the news we have this week. In a few weeks we're going to start getting the title screens each week so look forward to that little addition to your weeks.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Patreon progress report from the developer:

Check In 09/07/2022

Hello my lovely patrons! Time for our ever so fun weekly details!

About 36,000 words of the script completed. Nearing the end of the draft I think. I'm currently plinking away at a scene that I like, but that really needs some tuning. If I end up getting it where I'd like it'll add about 5000-7000 words on it's own. At least in it's current form. We'll see how it goes as I finish it up, but it's my last major writing "hurdle."

Renders progressing at a decent pace at the time of writing 183 renders completed of the 238 that have been posed.

Still on that first set of animations, had to fix some technical stuff on that end, but that's done and we're back in the driver seat.

That's about all the news we have this week. In a few weeks we're going to start getting the title screens each week so look forward to that little addition to your weeks.

Sláinte!
Let's see... we completed 83 renders and added 7500 words since the last update 6 days ago, an average of roughly 97 renders and 8750 words per week. Overall, the average is now ~30 renders and 5860 words per week since Part 4 launched. Animations are in progress, but it sounds like none are complete yet. Here are the charts:
As you can see, the script is approaching it's estimated first draft size but static renders remain a long way from the target. This is pretty consistent with the pace from Part 4, where words were completed early then slowly pared down while renders and (especially) animations started slow but ramped up after a couple months. Not much else to say at the moment.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Alrighty, I've just finished this game and holy cow, I can't believe how amazing this game is.
Incredibly high jump in overall quality after previous game of developer.
Even considering the fact that this game only has 4 chapters at the moment, I can confidently say that it has already claimed its well-deserved place in my top 10 best games I have ever played, no doubt.
Definitely gonna follow this developer and his project.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A poll from the developer at Patreon:

Outfit Poll 09/11/2022

Well look at that. The guesses on who it was were mostly correct, Kudos to you fine folk. Now I already have a feeling which one will win, but maybe I'll be wrong. Let's find out.

Thanks for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

A 55%

B 41%

C 5%

22 votes total

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes