VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I know some people feel sorry for devs when they complain about links being posted but they come here to take advantage of the traffic a piracy site brings in, which in this case is millions, yet complain about the piracy.
As I understand it (but by all means, correct me if wrong) that bandwidth ultimately can cost the dev real money when it exceeds certain limits. If those limits are beyond what one may reasonably expect from the patron pledges, it's reasonable to get upset, because in that instance piracy literally is costing them money (i.e generating a loss), whereas their game being shared freely amongst others (via other channels) costs them nothing.

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
I know some people feel sorry for devs when they complain about links being posted but they come here to take advantage of the traffic a piracy site brings in, which in this case is millions, yet complain about the piracy.
Lemme clear this up. Stoya left because instead of using mega, the idiot posted a direct download. Said link was immediatly maxed on bandwith. And pretty much none of the zone users would ever become a patreon.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Lemme clear this up. Stoya left because instead of using mega, the idiot posted a direct download. Said link was immediatly maxed on bandwith. And pretty much none of the zone users would ever become a patreon.
This and the fact that they did the same thing a couple days later even after Stoya explained why direct links fucks them.

But I think the straw that broke the camel's back was the one or two entitled jackasses chiming in afterwards that were acting like Devs should be grateful for it.

somedude321

Oct 28, 2019
Is that actually true though? I'm a patron of multiple games that I would've never even discovered if it wasn't for this site.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
Is that actually true though? I'm a patron of multiple games that I would've never even discovered if it wasn't for this site.
They did not provided a link to the Paetron page. They provided a direct link to their download server. Thus using up their bandwith.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have no clue who Stoya is, I was talking in general.

There are many devs that have passed through here wanting to take advantage of the numbers but tried fighting the very piracy the site was built for.

Even some users of the site complain about piracy ..... while using a piracy site and probably downloading these very games.

The Patreon devs are only a small number of the games on here. The main reason for the piracy is for the bigger games, usually Japanese, that cost around £40-£50 each or about $60 roughly.

That and there are quite a lot of adult games from Steam on here.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I have no clue who Stoya is, I was talking in general.

There are many devs that have passed through here wanting to take advantage of the numbers but tried fighting the very piracy the site was built for.

Even some users of the site complain about piracy ..... while using a piracy site and probably downloading these very games.

The Patreon devs are only a small number of the games on here. The main reason for the piracy is for the bigger games, usually Japanese, that cost around £40-£50 each or about $60 roughly.

That and there are quite a lot of adult games from Steam on here.
Stoya is one of the two Chasing Sunsets Devs.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is he the og one? Or part of the current team?

And btw :HideThePain: got any of them updates i am feeling like a crackhead
I don't go back that far, I just know Stoya and Kentrr are the current devs that helped Drifty with Jaye's cameo in his game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A brief update from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Quick note

Hey folks just wanted to hop in real quick.

The goal was to release tomorrow, but still have some fixes to work on, from the art end, so need a smidge longer

At the current moment I have about 53 still animations that need to be fixed and and two anims that need a rerender. That's about a day or so of render time and once those are all fixed the test boys just need to make sure the fixed build with everything has nothing else broken and I'll be ready for release. Obviously the holiday is this weekend and I'm not expecting them to work so I'll just assume release will be early next week.

Thanks for your patience and for those who celebrate I hope you have a lovely holiday.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes