VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest status update from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In Nov 11/24/2022

Katie Kafton stepping in as this weeks cover girl accompanied by some sweet treats.

Coding has advanced well, at the moment about 90ish percent of the completed images have been put in. I expect to finish the remaining sometime this weekend, leaving me free to work on images the rest of the week.

2050 rendered out of 2200 posed. The gaps are closing up here, only two larger scenes and various little batches throughout that need to be posed. Hoping that if I skip an hour of sleep each day this week I may be able to finish all the static render posing. Makes my life much easier while I work on other things.

Animations still sitting at that 21 mark, the last batch has some things that need be solved from a technical perspective, and once that's solved they'll get wrapped up. Then it's just finishing final tweaks, lighting and the usual to make sure they're up to standard.

Given the testers an alpha date, hopefully they'll be able to run a a good amount of testing as I finish my last posing and renders, which will reduce the beta time needed.

That final crunch period is always a bit of a nightmare, so if I end up being a day or so off with various posts please forgive me, sometimes things pass by when my nose is to the grindstone.

Hope my fellow Yanks had a lovely holiday or at the very least survived.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Right, time to read the entrails again. STWAdev completed 290 renders in the last 8 days, a rate of ~254 renders/week. Overall, he's averaging around 118 renders per week since Part 4 launched. Animations remain unclear, but it sounds like the 21 still need some work before they can be considered complete. I assume Words are holding steady around 35000. Here are the charts:
The animation chart may be a little misleading; I slowed down the rate since we know we haven't completed the latest batch (I assume the remaining work won't take too long to finish, though). Still, if STWAdev focuses on animations he can turn them out relatively quickly, so I don't think it will take until the end of the year to hit our target. I can't say too much more than that, though. Perhaps we'll get more information next week.

In the meantime, Katie looks lovely. Definitely curious to see what can happen with her.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
hope she moans a bit in French too. As a partial French speaker I’d love that from an immersive standpoint
She's French - won't it be "Is that the best you can do? Mon Dieu! I've had better from a lumpy bus seat on a bumpy road! I'd be better off riding a bicycle over cobblestones! Get Vi in here - she knows what to do!"

Or something similarly dismissive of the "yank"? ;)

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Ou la la! le moan! le moan! tres rapide s'il vous plais!
Hope they will subtitle it nevertheless if so... ;)
I hope we don't get to see the subtitles - until the POV changes and we see the look on Vi and Amrit's faces as they return home while Ines/MC are in the midst of it.

But I have a minor mean streak like that. Gotta let the girls know they need to bring their A-game.

Reactions: Skrrt!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A few preview pics from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 11/27/2022

A little fighting and a little chatter between lasses, that's what awaits us in our sneak peek today. I wanted to make some sort of amusing pun, but honestly I figure you'd rather I get back to working on the update so I'll go ahead and do that.

As always thank you for continuing to support me, and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so 1st some practicing and then girls are up to some mischievous.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/01/2022

My heavens I can't believe it's already December. Time just keeps going.

Julia stepping in for cover duty this week.

Coding has gone well. Getting the images coded in as they finish so we'll guesstimate I'm at a constant 99ish percent of completed renders coded.

2238 rendered out of 2400 posed. Only about one and a half scenes left to pose, I'm hoping I'll be able to wrap posing by the end of next week at latest, fingers crossed.

Animations remain mostly the same as they have the past few weeks. My last three are waiting, but since I can work on them while things are rendering, getting my final still poses done has been the priority.

I've informed my testers to expect my Alpha build early next week. They should have plenty to sink their teeth into while I get my last renders and animations finished and incorporated for the beta.

It's starting to feel like it's all coming together, all the pieces are starting to resemble a finished product. We'll see what things are discovered in testing, but starting to see little glints of light at the end of the tunnel.

Alright back to work for me.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely month of December.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/01/2022

My heavens I can't believe it's already December. Time just keeps going.

Julia stepping in for cover duty this week.

Coding has gone well. Getting the images coded in as they finish so we'll guesstimate I'm at a constant 99ish percent of completed renders coded.

2238 rendered out of 2400 posed. Only about one and a half scenes left to pose, I'm hoping I'll be able to wrap posing by the end of next week at latest, fingers crossed.

Animations remain mostly the same as they have the past few weeks. My last three are waiting, but since I can work on them while things are rendering, getting my final still poses done has been the priority.

I've informed my testers to expect my Alpha build early next week. They should have plenty to sink their teeth into while I get my last renders and animations finished and incorporated for the beta.

It's starting to feel like it's all coming together, all the pieces are starting to resemble a finished product. We'll see what things are discovered in testing, but starting to see little glints of light at the end of the tunnel.

Alright back to work for me.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely month of December.

Sláinte!
It's a new week, but we get the same confusing animation numbers as last week. :(

STWAdev completed 290 renders and somewhere between 0 and 7 animations. Overall, that brings his rate to roughly 122 renders/week and *cough*[mumble mumble mumble]*cough* animations/week since Part 4 launched. Words naturally go unsaid. Behold the charts, such as they are:
If we want to read between the lines, it kinda sounds like he's finished rendering 3 animations but won't begin post-production touchups on them until he's done posing the rest of the art. The three animations don't directly correspond to any of the context-less numbers he's thrown out over the last month, so it's unclear how many he'd have finished once they're done, nor how many of the estimated 20-25 total animations would remain afterwards.

I'd say it's unlikely artwork will be completed by next week, but that's about all I can say with any confidence.

femyo

Feb 2, 2019
I wonder how his animation bootcamp wil have affected his animations or if well have to wait untill further updates

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes