VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 11/16/2022

Ines this week, does she look a little sad?

With the script finalized we can move focus on coding images into the script. Which I promise is very exciting and not at all boring. At the moment we have about 25% of the finished images coded in. By next week I expect we'll be around 50%, which will be most of the completed images we have so far.

Renders are making good progress. 1760 rendered out of 1900 posed. The scene from hell is slowly being chipped away at, and I'm working on some other scenes when I need a break. But as a I scroll through the script there really aren't a ton of scenes left. It's starting to come together.

Animations are at 21ish. Gonna try to get my last batch posed in the next few days, Also have a few technical things to fix, but that's about it. Not much more exciting news on this end.

With all that in mind I'm starting to look at the big picture. As of today I've informed my testers when they should expect my first Alpha build. Obviously still just an Alpha, but might give you an idea of how I'm feeling completion wise.

Thanks everybody who showed up to the stream on Sunday, I hope you enjoyed. The renders turned out well, and I hope you'll enjoy seeing them in game.

A quick note, I may be a day or so late on the check in next week due to the holiday. I'll try not to be, but figured a warning was warranted either way.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Check In 11/16/2022

With the script finalized we can move focus on coding images into the script. Which I promise is very exciting and not at all boring. At the moment we have about 25% of the finished images coded in. By next week I expect we'll be around 50%, which will be most of the completed images we have so far.

Renders are making good progress. 1760 rendered out of 1900 posed. The scene from hell is slowly being chipped away at, and I'm working on some other scenes when I need a break. But as a I scroll through the script there really aren't a ton of scenes left. It's starting to come together.

Animations are at 21ish. Gonna try to get my last batch posed in the next few days, Also have a few technical things to fix, but that's about it. Not much more exciting news on this end.

With all that in mind I'm starting to look at the big picture. As of today I've informed my testers when they should expect my first Alpha build. Obviously still just an Alpha, but might give you an idea of how I'm feeling completion wise.

Thanks everybody who showed up to the stream on Sunday, I hope you enjoyed. The renders turned out well, and I hope you'll enjoy seeing them in game.

A quick note, I may be a day or so late on the check in next week due to the holiday. I'll try not to be, but figured a warning was warranted either way.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
That's the way jeans ought to fit. ;)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Check In 11/16/2022

Sláinte!
I feel like a financial reporter trying to make sense of Alan Greenspan's testimony about monetary policy: the details somehow add more questions than answers.

STWAdev completed 285 renders this week, that seems pretty clear; his overall average is now ~109 renders/week since Part 4 launched. But he still doesn't say what his animation count is actually counting, meaning he could have added anywhere from 0-7 animations in the last two weeks. We also learned that he's coded ~25% of the images in, and expects to be around 50% next week, which would be most of the completed images. Let's deal with that below. First, here are the charts.
Assuming images refers to renders, that would seem to suggest we'd have a final render count on the order of ~3500, double our current completed. Given our current rate of completion, this in turn suggests we'd complete our render target around New Years. In broad terms, that means we're roughly 67% of the way through the dev cycle for Part 5. I suppose that's broadly compatible with the idea that alpha testing could be starting relatively soon, though it still seems a bit far out in my book.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

operamini

Sep 2, 2019

Check In 11/16/2022

Sláinte!
so ~3.5k renders, damn that's going to be one large chapter, and what a great development pace.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Some Behind the Scenes info from the developer at Patreon:

Dev BTS 11/20/2022 Kana

And here we are, the return of the more in depth devlogs. I'll be trying to get one of these out a month. Along with the monthly streams I think this should add a little extra variety to things. Now, since I've been rendering her all day a good place to start is with Kana.

For those of you playing this game it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm passionate about MMA. I've been training myself going on a decade, with the bruises, breaks and concussions to prove it. I'm intimately familiar of the kind of damage the sport does and have a deep appreciation for the athletes who destroy themselves in such a manner. I have an equal amount of respect for professional wrestlers. Despite the reputation of being staged the damage wrestlers take is equal if not more than some of the most seasoned combat sports athletes. Kana is something of my love letter to them.

Kana is an interesting character from a development standpoint, in the original planning stages she didn't exist, or rather the Kana we currently have didn't. In original drafts Amrit was the original Kana, instead of a young kickboxer she was a prodigal wrestler. As the story became fleshed out and I looked at the themes I was trying to share with each character I realized that Amrit was incongruent with the themes I wanted for my wrestler, and so a new character had to be created.

The physical creation of Kana was fairly straightforward, I knew I wanted her to be a bit more "Ass focused" with characters like Els and Vi who are more top heavy it seemed appropriate to have somebody a bit more trunk focused. After that I focused on her backstory , ethnicity and the like. I knew I also wanted her to be an expat like Valentine, somebody who was something of an outsider, eventually I settled on her hailing from New Zealand. Given the long history of Pacific Islanders in the professional wrestling scene it seemed apropos to give her Māori heritage as well. Her varied and mixed background accounting for her darker skin tone, but brighter eyes. Also if I'm honest I just really enjoy the contrast visually.

Kana is modeled after three wrestlers who I hold in great esteem, her ring name Kana Hojo is an amalgamation of two of them and her title of Princess of the Clouds is a nod to the nickname of the third. Just a silly little fun fact I've shared before.

I think I've rambled enough here, and any more will start getting into spoiler territory so I'll wrap up with this.

The history of wrestling is a really nasty place, anybody who's been a fan for a long time will know about the politicking, the drugs, the injuries and of course the crimes associated with the business. As we come to know a little more of Kana I wouldn't be surprised if we encountered those sorts of things. Also people might get hit with steel chairs. But she is a sweetheart and has a big ass so it might be worth it.
Hopefully you enjoyed learning a little bit more about our wrestling phenom, and I'm excited for you to experience more of her.

As always thank you for continuing to support me, and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week. And for my fellow Yanks I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Sláinte!

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
Some Behind the Scenes info from the developer at Patreon:

Dev BTS 11/20/2022 Kana

And here we are, the return of the more in depth devlogs. I'll be trying to get one of these out a month. Along with the monthly streams I think this should add a little extra variety to things. Now, since I've been rendering her all day a good place to start is with Kana.

For those of you playing this game it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm passionate about MMA. I've been training myself going on a decade, with the bruises, breaks and concussions to prove it. I'm intimately familiar of the kind of damage the sport does and have a deep appreciation for the athletes who destroy themselves in such a manner. I have an equal amount of respect for professional wrestlers. Despite the reputation of being staged the damage wrestlers take is equal if not more than some of the most seasoned combat sports athletes. Kana is something of my love letter to them.

Kana is an interesting character from a development standpoint, in the original planning stages she didn't exist, or rather the Kana we currently have didn't. In original drafts Amrit was the original Kana, instead of a young kickboxer she was a prodigal wrestler. As the story became fleshed out and I looked at the themes I was trying to share with each character I realized that Amrit was incongruent with the themes I wanted for my wrestler, and so a new character had to be created.

The physical creation of Kana was fairly straightforward, I knew I wanted her to be a bit more "Ass focused" with characters like Els and Vi who are more top heavy it seemed appropriate to have somebody a bit more trunk focused. After that I focused on her backstory , ethnicity and the like. I knew I also wanted her to be an expat like Valentine, somebody who was something of an outsider, eventually I settled on her hailing from New Zealand. Given the long history of Pacific Islanders in the professional wrestling scene it seemed apropos to give her Māori heritage as well. Her varied and mixed background accounting for her darker skin tone, but brighter eyes. Also if I'm honest I just really enjoy the contrast visually.

Kana is modeled after three wrestlers who I hold in great esteem, her ring name Kana Hojo is an amalgamation of two of them and her title of Princess of the Clouds is a nod to the nickname of the third. Just a silly little fun fact I've shared before.

I think I've rambled enough here, and any more will start getting into spoiler territory so I'll wrap up with this.

The history of wrestling is a really nasty place, anybody who's been a fan for a long time will know about the politicking, the drugs, the injuries and of course the crimes associated with the business. As we come to know a little more of Kana I wouldn't be surprised if we encountered those sorts of things. Also people might get hit with steel chairs. But she is a sweetheart and has a big ass so it might be worth it.
Hopefully you enjoyed learning a little bit more about our wrestling phenom, and I'm excited for you to experience more of her.

As always thank you for continuing to support me, and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week. And for my fellow Yanks I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Sláinte!
Thanks for the exposé, very interesting! And also, nice tantalizing hints for future developments...
Since Kana is the only character my version of MC is going to wet his whisle in, by what chapter could this possibly occur??? (If it's never going to happen, MC will be the most monkish international playboy in all of avn history).

Also, one major gripe: HE DOESN'T LIKE SUSHI!!!??? Man, I'd have given anyth... well, a lot... well, SOMEthing to be at that restaurant with Kana. The best sushi in the Western hemisphere! That's even better than an impromptu French kiss & breast fondle!

Reactions: Son of Durin

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Sushi is a pretty fancy thing to do and not many Japanese or any other movies with
raw fish eating cultures have them be that common or ordered on the regular.
Certainly is not something your mom/GF would cook for you, so being adverse to
raw anything when you know the dangers of disinteria and any other dirty food/hands disease
when he spent his young years of the military eating outta cans just to keep outta bad food
is not that big of a stretch.
As one should. Beauty like that must procreate.
She's French, so I hope she has some bush. Definitely young French - nothing in the pits, so maybe none at all... :(
She's been raised in a boarding school, they probably learned proper hygiene there.
Thanks for the exposé, very interesting! And also, nice tantalizing hints for future developments...
Since Kana is the only character my version of MC is going to wet his whisle in, by what chapter could this possibly occur??? (If it's never going to happen, MC will be the most monkish international playboy in all of avn history).

Also, one major gripe: HE DOESN'T LIKE SUSHI!!!??? Man, I'd have given anyth... well, a lot... well, SOMEthing to be at that restaurant with Kana. The best sushi in the Western hemisphere! That's even better than an impromptu French kiss & breast fondle!
Bush whacking is a fancy thing to do on the regular and is giggles worthy among girls who
go to the bathroom / change/talk about literally everything together.
Just as having condoms on you, it signals she is looking to hook up.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Sushi is a pretty fancy thing to do and not many Japanese or any other movies with
raw fish eating cultures have them be that common or ordered on the regular.
Sushi does not invariably contain fish, either raw or cooked. Sushi is often prepared with no fish at all or with cooked fish. The only essential ingredient in sushi is vinegar rice.

Reactions: Redd23 and Ilhares
4.70 star(s) 112 Votes