VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Vin has way too whiny of a voice. I get more of a Karl Urban vocal vibe, though the looks aren't the same.

And if I start to imagine him saying "I am Groot", I'll track you down and do something awful.
Now I kinda hope it actually happens ...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 11/02/2022

Elspeth is up this week. Ain't she purty? Now on to update business.

Script is in the same place. My proofer has informed me that he'll be doing one final pass to make sure as many errors are taken care of as possible. After I receive it I'll be able to get it started on coding images in.

About 1283 rendered out of 1439 posed. Trying to get as much done, because next week it's going to be the big nightmare scene. This is going to be the puppy that will take the most time, I expect it will take 1-2 weeks on it's own to fully render. It will be the decider on exactly how long this update will take. Pray for my soul, and my GPU.

Animations are sitting at about 14, redoing one today, but that should be quick which will bring me back to my current total of 15. That's a majority of those done though.

That's about it for the day. Have a bit of a migraine so once I finish this redo I'm letting renders to cook and having a lie down.

Real quick I wanted to hop in on a small note, A new month has started and I'm approaching a big patron milestone. Nearly 500. I honestly can't express how much your continued support has meant to me. I don't expect I'll reach the milestone before the next update, but when I do I'm going to do something fun to celebrate.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely November.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 11/02/2022

Elspeth is up this week. Ain't she purty? Now on to update business.

Script is in the same place. My proofer has informed me that he'll be doing one final pass to make sure as many errors are taken care of as possible. After I receive it I'll be able to get it started on coding images in.

About 1283 rendered out of 1439 posed. Trying to get as much done, because next week it's going to be the big nightmare scene. This is going to be the puppy that will take the most time, I expect it will take 1-2 weeks on it's own to fully render. It will be the decider on exactly how long this update will take. Pray for my soul, and my GPU.

Animations are sitting at about 14, redoing one today, but that should be quick which will bring me back to my current total of 15. That's a majority of those done though.

That's about it for the day. Have a bit of a migraine so once I finish this redo I'm letting renders to cook and having a lie down.

Real quick I wanted to hop in on a small note, A new month has started and I'm approaching a big patron milestone. Nearly 500. I honestly can't express how much your continued support has meant to me. I don't expect I'll reach the milestone before the next update, but when I do I'm going to do something fun to celebrate.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely November.

Sláinte!
It looks like we added 170 renders and 3 animations this week. That brings the overall average up to approximately 170 renders and 1.0 animation per week since Part 4 launched. Words were last seen in the vicinity of 37500 and will presumably remain there until draft is finalized. Here are the charts:
We seem to be progressing nicely. Animations are currently on pace to hit their target by the end of the month, and renders will match the Part 4 totals soon after. Of course, it sounds like the next scene will be a doozy, so we may well fall off the pace and the holidays will soak up time once we're in the second half of December. That means we're probably looking at a release early-ish next year (unless everything breaks our way, but I wouldn't count on that).

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
He looks too much like Jesse Williams for me, so I hear his voice instead of Vin, which is a shame, because I think hearing Riddick during the fight coaching scenes would be pretty damned entertaining.
Too young and fit for Vin Diesels voice. To be fair Vin is also fit but somehow still has a 3 packs of Marlboro and a bottle of Jack daily voice.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
He looks too much like Jesse Williams for me, so I hear his voice instead of Vin, which is a shame, because I think hearing Riddick during the fight coaching scenes would be pretty damned entertaining.
I was going to say I don't hear a specific character, but maybe I will now ... but that's like saying I don't hear a specific Schwarzenegger character ... or a specific Keanu Reeves character ...

Also, I can't picture Jesse Williams playing this type of character, so I can't hear him in the role ... Now if he was a stoic doctor, who knows ...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Too young and fit for Vin Diesels voice. To be fair Vin is also fit but somehow still has a 3 packs of Marlboro and a bottle of Jack daily voice.
His face is only part of the effect in my head ... also, Vin was in his early 30s when he did xXx, and while the MC seems to be in his mid- to late 20s, it's close enough for my brain.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A few more teasers from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 11/06/2022

Wooh, spicy this Sunday. And even a little extra render for ya.

I really rather love this scene, it's a little silly and lighthearted but I really enjoy writing moments like that. Honestly a lot of this update is a little more lighthearted, I really wanted to bring moments of joy to the characters, chances for them to bond when things are going well as opposed to exclusively over tragedy.

Also as I mentioned in a previous post, Julia is hot.

So little extra render this week, I think next weekend on Sunday the 13th I'll be doing my last Blue belt and up art stream of this dev cycle. I need to check my schedule, and I'll give a confirmation on if I'll be able to make it and the time it will be starting in this weeks weekly update.

As always I appreciate the support, and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest update from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 11/09/2022

Amrit, invading personal space? Say it isn't so...

Looks like 35,000 words is a good final count give or take. starting next week this section will be replaced with coding percentage.

1475 rendered out of 1592 posed. The very exciting scene that I absolutely want to do and don't hate myself for writing something so needlessly baroque into my script is next. Huzzah. No actually, not huzzah, but hopefully this should be my last PITA of a scene (knock on wood) and it should be slightly smother sailing from there on.

Animations are at 19. One last one in the current scene and then 3-4 more for our final batch. Pretty happy with how these are all turned out, I'll need to tweak lighting and the various other things and make sure my animation tutor doesn't smack me around for wasting his time. But after that we're done here. That is actually worth a huzzah.

Not much further to discuss today.

A quick note I will be doing my last Blue Belt and up art stream this Sunday the 13th at 12pm Mountain time, 7 GMT. So maybe I'll see you there.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest update from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 11/09/2022

Amrit, invading personal space? Say it isn't so...

Looks like 35,000 words is a good final count give or take. starting next week this section will be replaced with coding percentage.

1475 rendered out of 1592 posed. The very exciting scene that I absolutely want to do and don't hate myself for writing something so needlessly baroque into my script is next. Huzzah. No actually, not huzzah, but hopefully this should be my last PITA of a scene (knock on wood) and it should be slightly smother sailing from there on.

Animations are at 19. One last one in the current scene and then 3-4 more for our final batch. Pretty happy with how these are all turned out, I'll need to tweak lighting and the various other things and make sure my animation tutor doesn't smack me around for wasting his time. But after that we're done here. That is actually worth a huzzah.

Not much further to discuss today.

A quick note I will be doing my last Blue Belt and up art stream this Sunday the 13th at 12pm Mountain time, 7 GMT. So maybe I'll see you there.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Huh. It looks like we completed 192 renders in the last week, but it's unclear if we're at 19 completed renders (which would be 5 this week), or just 19 posed renders (and presumably 0 completed). We've also added -2500 words since our last count 34 days ago, a rate of -515 words/week. Since Part 4 launched we're now averaging roughly 97 renders, 2311 words, and between .9-1.3 animations per week. Here are the charts:
Honestly, I'm not if the charts are adding anything to the discussion. Even beyond my difficulty understanding what STWAdev is reporting, his work style doesn't see to support this sort of analysis. It seems like the tasks are handled more in series than in parallel - first the script, then renders, then animations, now we'll hearing about on code. That makes these sorts of charts fairly unhelpful when it comes to gauging where we are in the development cycle.

I guess we'll see how long the coding task takes before I start looking for alternative charting options.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes