Subverse - promising h-game on kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I mean i never really bought such expensive games, i'm a pirate myself. I understand that most or all of the funds they've received went into the development of the game (looks amazing at this point) but personally if it was 40 Dollars? too steep, 30 Dollars? probably a sweet spot for most.

And i wouldn't expect this to be cheap tbh, none of it will with this Quality made game? they've already gone and been part of our history of the first ever AAA smut game, Never heard of anyone producing such quality smut game in my search of weird shit on the internet (probably am not looking carefully) Studio Fow is probably the first for me, for sure they've used MoCap on all these scenes i've seen on the trailer and from other people (teaser, no real scenes just images of what it looks like on the pandora ui) and a bunch of other stuff...

I doubt my PC could even run it, i haven't looked into the recommended specs to operate this app even if i did bought it.

EDIT: Personal Claim and assumption that they are the first to make such a high quality smut game, please do say if i'm wrong
req.PNG

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
And here i'm wondering if i will ever get to play this without paying for it, i mean from where i am, 40 dollars is like a month's worth of food supply, and because of the recession its very hard to come by with the money. I have been diligently stalking their work on this one and i doubt they will be generous enough to share this even with all that crowd funding they've earned through out the process of production.
Am i here for the lewd? obviously, am i interested with the game itself? very much indeed and from the looks of it, this is like those rare turn-based games i've played on a DS (emulator) lets say... FF Tactics? Valkyrie Plume of Death or something, and then a Shoot em up? Haven't encountered a game that has both genre that i like in a game at the same time, hopefully its very well executed and it has interesting story (i don't doubt their work, but i don't think its a good move to trust them either) no offense but there are a lot of shams out there that i've encountered, i know they aren't but i'm saving myself from the disappointment, and its not like my opinion matters right? never was a backer, never am gonna be buying a game that expensive.
I'll keep an eye on Crackwatch as well for this and see if it shows up there - if it shows up there before F95 I'll be sure to share the relevant information here.

I would have been happy to pay $60 for this if it was in line with what I am looking for as I like backing developers when they make products I'm looking for and especially in the adult game industry as I want more high budget adult games. Will definitely keep an eye out for future SFOW projects.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I think this game will be shared on F95 pretty quickly anyway.

A lot of people are interested by it.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Should you go that way and end up liking it, I would suggest buying it afterwards to show support. DLC and future plans could easily be dependant on how successful it is.

Reactions: Fzeren

Crowza

Oct 25, 2020
I need to try the game out first before I even consider buying it. If I like the game, I'll have no problem purchasing the official copy just out of support.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Halfpint's doing another live vid, he's been giving away a game key each stream, so tune in for an opportunity :)

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
And here i'm wondering if i will ever get to play this without paying for it
Yes. You will. I understand currency ratios are BS. Even if the game is not available here at f95 for some odd reason, I am confident it will be in 'unnoficial' places. Maybe even fitgirls repack.

Reactions: Razrback16

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Should you go that way and end up liking it, I would suggest buying it afterwards to show support. DLC and future plans could easily be dependant on how successful it is.
For me it'll just come down to whether canonized cuckoldry is present. Based on the description you (and some others) have been kind enough to provide, it sounds like with the open relationships, some mandatory 'cuck stuff' is going to happen in the narrative so if that's the case, I will not buy it, but if by chance I get through the full game and it turns out there was zero canonized cuckoldry I will absolutely head right over to Steam and buy the game along with all DLC.

Reactions: Aiden

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
For me it'll just come down to whether canonized cuckoldry is present. Based on the description you (and some others) have been kind enough to provide, it sounds like with the open relationships, some mandatory 'cuck stuff' is going to happen in the narrative so if that's the case, I will not buy it, but if by chance I get through the full game and it turns out there was zero canonized cuckoldry I will absolutely head right over to Steam and buy the game along with all DLC.
Okay I really wanna put a pin in this, but since the definition of cuck and NTR seems to be different in everyone's minds, what's yours?

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Okay I really wanna put a pin in this, but since the definition of cuck and NTR seems to be different in everyone's minds, what's yours?
Cuck & NTR are actually two different things, although related in the sense that they both involve 'cheating'; NTR is just more extreme in the sense of inflicting intentional emotional pain / jealousy, usually, at least as I understand it, with a measure of degradation toward the party being cheated on ("this new partner does it so much better than you", as an example) being implied toward the party being cheated on in order to degrade them and cause emotional pain - this can sometimes also involve the cheating party doing the cheating right in front of the other party.

To my understanding Subverse will not contain NTR, so I don't think that's a concern for too many, but as you noted, some folks have differing interpretations of it and think any type of cuckoldry is NTR, which to my understanding, is not the case.

With Subverse it's probably a little more vague going off of what has been explained to me from a few different parties. The open relationships alone just aren't really my thing, so since my understanding is that there will likely be situations canonically that have some (or all, I don't know yet) of the girls doing monsters or other parties due to the open relationship nature, that's just not something I'll ever get my wallet out for. BUT, like I mentioned above, if I gain access to a copy of the game, play it to its entirety and find there is none of that type of thing in the game, then I'll be one who will immediately head over to Steam and buy it. I'm even the type that when I play a game and give it a positive review, I'll even gift copies to friends during major sales on Steam if they have it on their wishlists. I love rewarding developers monetarily when they make products I endorse.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Cuck & NTR are actually two different things, although related in the sense that they both involve 'cheating'; NTR is just more extreme in the sense of inflicting intentional emotional pain / jealousy, usually, at least as I understand it, with a measure of degradation toward the party being cheated on ("this new partner does it so much better than you", as an example) being implied toward the party being cheated on in order to degrade them and cause emotional pain - this can sometimes also involve the cheating party doing the cheating right in front of the other party.

To my understanding Subverse will not contain NTR, so I don't think that's a concern for too many, but as you noted, some folks have differing interpretations of it and think any type of cuckoldry is NTR, which to my understanding, is not the case.

With Subverse it's probably a little more vague going off of what has been explained to me from a few different parties. The open relationships alone just aren't really my thing, so since my understanding is that there will likely be situations canonically that have some (or all, I don't know yet) of the girls doing monsters or other parties due to the open relationship nature, that's just not something I'll ever get my wallet out for. BUT, like I mentioned above, if I gain access to a copy of the game, play it to its entirety and find there is none of that type of thing in the game, then I'll be one who will immediately head over to Steam and buy it. I'm even the type that when I play a game and give it a positive review, I'll even gift copies to friends during major sales on Steam if they have it on their wishlists. I love rewarding developers monetarily when they make products I endorse.
Okay so basically you just don't want to view the xeno scenes. That's ok not everyone is into everything. Well...you're in luck then, because that's what the PANDORA system allows for.

demip.jpg lilyp.jpg

As you can see in the above images, it allows you to unlock, choose and view what you'd like. You can filter by Crew (think like gangbangs with the unseen members of the crew, and likely the waifus with each other later), Captain (scenes with him and the lady of choice), neutral (solo stuff like teasing, masturbation, and after scene poses), and of course the Xeno scenes. We don't know what the cosmetic tab there does yet, I'd speculate its to choose an outfit for the scenes (we see Lily has a shiny red outfit in one of the trailers).

Obviously I cannot attest as to whether such content you fear appears in the story. Though humorously if you look at DEMI's profile on the website, you see she used to belong to Dread Lord Tibold, and was saved by the Captain. So thus far, the only one we can see that's been 'cucked' is one of the bad guys :p

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Okay so basically you just don't want to view the xeno scenes. That's ok not everyone is into everything. Well...you're in luck then, because that's what the PANDORA system allows for.

View attachment 1093341 View attachment 1093342

As you can see in the above images, it allows you to unlock, choose and view what you'd like. You can filter by Crew (think like gangbangs with the unseen members of the crew, and likely the waifus with each other later), Captain (scenes with him and the lady of choice), neutral (solo stuff like teasing, masturbation, and after scene poses), and of course the Xeno scenes. We don't know what the cosmetic tab there does yet, I'd speculate its to choose an outfit for the scenes (we see Lily has a shiny red outfit in one of the trailers).

Obviously I cannot attest as to whether such content you fear appears in the story. Though humorously if you look at DEMI's profile on the website, you see she used to belong to Dread Lord Tibold, and was saved by the Captain. So thus far, the only one we can see that's been 'cucked' is one of the bad guys :p
We'll see how things play out, but for me (and I did see your earlier post on it and looked it over when you posted those graphics previously - thanks for posting those btw, you posted them in good resolution so I could actually see them clearly) it's not just 'seeing' the things happen, if there are any conversational references, or the captain 'overhearing' this stuff happening canonically in the game, then I'm out as far as purchasing it. For example, on the Steam store page, you have this bit -

...which is not acceptable to me in terms of content I'd pay for ('I don't pay to get cucked' :ROFLMAO:). But like I said, that's why I want to check it out first, and give it a chance. I've heard a number of things have changed as development has progressed from the original idea for the game, to the finalized version of it, so maybe there's a chance, hah. There are a few girls I really like amongst the waifus, so it'll kinda depend on how it all turns out - if only one of them is 'ruined' in the terms I've described here, but maybe 3 others have a story that plays out in a manner I like, then I may still buy the game on sale or something, although at this point it sounds like there's a really good chance Lily, who is one of my favorites, is likely going to fit into a category I find very unappealing, it's still pretty disappointing. So many unknowns at this point. It'll be good to actually play it and see what we're working with. :)

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
P.S. - do you know if there are any 'stripping' scenes where the girls just dance with a stripper pole or something? I would really like that, especially if we can change their outfits at all - I liked that little red bikini snippet I saw with Lily.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
We'll see how things play out, but for me (and I did see your earlier post on it and looked it over when you posted those graphics previously - thanks for posting those btw, you posted them in good resolution so I could actually see them clearly) it's not just 'seeing' the things happen, if there are any conversational references, or the captain 'overhearing' this stuff happening canonically in the game, then I'm out as far as purchasing it. For example, on the Steam store page, you have this bit -

...which is not acceptable to me in terms of content I'd pay for ('I don't pay to get cucked' :ROFLMAO:). But like I said, that's why I want to check it out first, and give it a chance. I've heard a number of things have changed as development has progressed from the original idea for the game, to the finalized version of it, so maybe there's a chance, hah. There are a few girls I really like amongst the waifus, so it'll kinda depend on how it all turns out - if only one of them is 'ruined' in the terms I've described here, but maybe 3 others have a story that plays out in a manner I like, then I may still buy the game on sale or something, although at this point it sounds like there's a really good chance Lily, who is one of my favorites, is likely going to fit into a category I find very unappealing, it's still pretty disappointing. So many unknowns at this point. It'll be good to actually play it and see what we're working with. :)
Tbf that is from the info of the game when it was initially posted, I don't believe its there anymore, possibly because they heard all the complaints and felt it was misleading. If you look at the store page now, its quite different.

1.PNG

2.PNG
3.PNG

A lot of people took that initial description (which like many games is subject to change), and just took that as some form of confirmation. It's sadly led to a bunch of conspiracy crap, despite the studio having stated clearly this isn't that kind of game.

P.S. - do you know if there are any 'stripping' scenes where the girls just dance with a stripper pole or something? I would really like that, especially if we can change their outfits at all - I liked that little red bikini snippet I saw with Lily.
I can't really confirm that. There was a backer exclusive DLC named Studio 69, and in previews we've seen a pole of sorts. But I don't know much more about that. Whether it'll be there, or if there's such things in PANDORA, I sadly do not know.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Tbf that is from the info of the game when it was initially posted, I don't believe its there anymore, possibly because they heard all the complaints and felt it was misleading. If you look at the store page now, its quite different.

View attachment 1093400

View attachment 1093396
View attachment 1093397

A lot of people took that initial description (which like many games is subject to change), and just took that as some form of confirmation. It's sadly led to a bunch of conspiracy crap, despite the studio having stated clearly this isn't that kind of game.

I can't really confirm that. There was a backer exclusive DLC named Studio 69, and in previews we've seen a pole of sorts. But I don't know much more about that. Whether it'll be there, or if there's such things in PANDORA, I sadly do not know.
Good deal. I enjoyed our exchange. I'll certainly be checking out the high seas copy if / when it becomes available and once the full game is released if the type of stuff I referenced being unfavorable to me is not forced canonically on the player then I will certainly be more than happy to buy the game. I've been following this game for ~2 years now so very much going into it hopeful.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Good deal. I enjoyed our exchange. I'll certainly be checking out the high seas copy if / when it becomes available and once the full game is released if the type of stuff I referenced being unfavorable to me is not forced canonically on the player then I will certainly be more than happy to buy the game. I've been following this game for ~2 years now so very much going into it hopeful.
Yeah thanks for not blowing up, calling me a shill, or one of many other insults like some...other people lol

Reactions: Razrback16

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I would say that it is already a success considering they raised nearly 2 millions euros with kickstarter.

I just have 2 questions :

- How much money did they make with patreon each month before being cancelled ?

- Did they already talk about their futures plans ? Because doing a kickstarter and selling their game is still a one-shot and it is not sustainable unlike their former patreon which give them recurring income.

Status
Not open for further replies.