Subverse - promising h-game on kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
To be honest the only thing that is worrying me about this game is the fact that there will be schmup.

Considering that I already struggle with platformers and that learning paterns in nightmarish for me, I really hope this game won't be too difficult.

If we could avoid something like this : 1.png

It would be cool.

Master_Bates

May 28, 2020
To be honest the only thing that is worrying me about this game is the fact that there will be schmup.

Considering that I already struggle with platformers and that learning paterns in nightmarish for me, I really hope this game won't be too difficult.

If we could avoid something like this : View attachment 1090191

It would be cool.
FOW did say that the game wont be dificult.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017

If we could avoid something like this : View attachment 1090191

It would be cool.
Lol definitely not to that level. You could look up halfpint's beta gameplay vids, he showed both the ship and grid combat gameplay throughout the testing period.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
You were expecting 20 dollars for a game that could end up just as long as Witcher 3? Feel the need to reiterate that this isn't some visual novel you're gonna knock out in a day.
Anyone can make a long game. Just add some grindy stupid mechanics and done. Gameplay time isn't a reliable metric. Budget if far more accurate. So yes, I was expecting about half the price for a game that had 10% of the budget.

• Angry
Reactions: kyskys and Sighhh

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Anyone can make a long game. Just add some grindy stupid mechanics and done. Gameplay time isn't a reliable metric. Budget if far more accurate. So yes, I was expecting about half the price for a game that had 10% of the budget.

Adult devs make a game for a fraction of the audience because the market is so restricted. Now I'm not saying this game will be worth it but in general, if you actually care about niche products, you need to be willing to pay more.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Adult devs make a game for a fraction of the audience because the market is so restricted. Now I'm not saying this game will be worth it but in general, if you actually care about niche products, you need to be willing to pay more.
I wanted to support them by buying the game. But at this price I'm not so eager to do so. I don't need to be willing to pay more lol... It will be on the high seas of piracy, be it here or some torrent.

akulami

Nov 1, 2018
So say you've missed backing the campaign with a certain tier that interests you (Xenozookeeper). Does anyone have an idea or knowledge of if there is going to be some interaction your little fella has with the girls that others wont have access to or is he actually just a pet you can poke, pat, and play catch with?

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So gameplay time isn't a factor, but budget is? *waves Undertale around*

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So say you've missed backing the campaign with a certain tier that interests you (Xenozookeeper). Does anyone have an idea or knowledge of if there is going to be some interaction your little fella has with the girls that others wont have access to or is he actually just a pet you can poke, pat, and play catch with?
Frankly dunno they haven't said much about the smenchkin outside the model look in one diary update. I imagine they'll talk more when it comes later down the line.

Reactions: akulami

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
So gameplay time isn't a factor, but budget is? *waves Undertale around*
It's just a metric, ffs. Higher budget = more content, more quality, more everything

Are you just playing dumb or you are just a fanboy trying to defend the game with bad arguments?

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Budgets aren't everything, see: every transformers movie...oh yeah and that Cyberpunk game that's still being patched.
Since you are having trouble understanding, I will explain it thoroughly

Budget is not everything. It is just a metric. A much more reliable one than a 'gameplay time' metric, which you mentioned.

When comparing things, you need objective values:
I can't compare 3 games saying one has 30 hour gameplay time the other had a 10 million budget, and the last one got an 8 in most reviews.

What I need to do is to choose the same metric to compare the 3 games. Gameplay time against gameplay time, budget against budget, review against review

So, which metric should we use? The most reliable one.

Which games are more likely to be better? A longer game, a high budget, or a highly reviewed game? Probably the one that had the highest reviews. (don't cherrypick an outlier, that would be stupid and/or dishonest)

BUT WAIT! This game is not currently released. So, no reviews.

Then, which one is the next best metric to compare games?
Of course the budget! Gameplay time is BS, because grindy mechanics would be king if we chose to compare games using this metric. I'd rather play a good but smaller game than a longer but boring one.

I can't make myself any clearer than this. You may disagree, and that's perfectly fine. But at least, I hope you can finally understand my argument.

Reactions: Fzeren

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Or, you know, you could compare the price of the games? Price tags set expectations for consumers. There's a reason most indie games are priced generally around $20-30. It's because they're indie games, are some of them really good? Sure, but sometimes people might not enjoy them either. Take a loot at Hades, it's set at $25, to set expectations. AAA games are gonna charge around $60 because they believe they can justify that expense with larger teams and larger budgets to be able to fill the game with enough content to justify that price tag. Indie games are, as the name states, made by smaller independent teams who can't always justify that price tag. Is it worth it for Hades? Absolutely, but it's still an indie game. Either way it's ultimately up to the dev's, and their producers, to decide on the price tag. In a time where AAA studio execs are saying stupid shit like "Gamers are ready for $70 games", a price tag of $30 is not that bad

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hades is a great example, as that little title blew a lot of AAA titles out of the water last year. The price doesn't necessarily mean quality, but its indicative of like where the studio is, and how confident they feel in selling the title for the price it is. But for the amount of work that went into this game here and the amount of content we're gonna be getting, budget or not, I think its gonna be worth the 30-40 price tag.

Sattur

Mar 4, 2020
And here i'm wondering if i will ever get to play this without paying for it, i mean from where i am, 40 dollars is like a month's worth of food supply, and because of the recession its very hard to come by with the money. I have been diligently stalking their work on this one and i doubt they will be generous enough to share this even with all that crowd funding they've earned through out the process of production.
Am i here for the lewd? obviously, am i interested with the game itself? very much indeed and from the looks of it, this is like those rare turn-based games i've played on a DS (emulator) lets say... FF Tactics? Valkyrie Plume of Death or something, and then a Shoot em up? Haven't encountered a game that has both genre that i like in a game at the same time, hopefully its very well executed and it has interesting story (i don't doubt their work, but i don't think its a good move to trust them either) no offense but there are a lot of shams out there that i've encountered, i know they aren't but i'm saving myself from the disappointment, and its not like my opinion matters right? never was a backer, never am gonna be buying a game that expensive.

Reactions: kyskys

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
If 30-40 is too expensive for you, maaaan is the regular game industry just out of your reach. If times are rough that's understandable, but there's no rush to in getting it now. It likely won't be complete til the end of the year, or another go around March.

Also ya'll reaaaaaaaaaaaally gotta stop being like 'well they got all this money, so why's the game not cheaper'. The money they got went into the game. So yeah its gonna be a bit higher than your typical h-game.

Sattur

Mar 4, 2020
If 30-40 is too expensive for you, maaaan is the regular game industry just out of your reach. If times are rough that's understandable, but there's no rush to in getting it now. It likely won't be complete til the end of the year, or another go around March.

Also ya'll reaaaaaaaaaaaally gotta stop being like 'well they got all this money, so why's the game not cheaper'. The money they got went into the game. So yeah its gonna be a bit higher than your typical h-game.
I mean i never really bought such expensive games, i'm a pirate myself. I understand that most or all of the funds they've received went into the development of the game (looks amazing at this point) but personally if it was 40 Dollars? too steep, 30 Dollars? probably a sweet spot for most.

And i wouldn't expect this to be cheap tbh, none of it will with this Quality made game? they've already gone and been part of our history of the first ever AAA smut game, Never heard of anyone producing such quality smut game in my search of weird shit on the internet (probably am not looking carefully) Studio Fow is probably the first for me, for sure they've used MoCap on all these scenes i've seen on the trailer and from other people (teaser, no real scenes just images of what it looks like on the pandora ui) and a bunch of other stuff...

I doubt my PC could even run it, i haven't looked into the recommended specs to operate this app even if i did bought it.

EDIT: Personal Claim and assumption that they are the first to make such a high quality smut game, please do say if i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.