Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Those 2 patchs were only bugfixes.

We should not be too optimistc, it will take time to bring more content.
True, but the fact that they've responded so quickly in fixing what's there (I can think of so many developers that would've left this alone for weeks if not months before a patch), I think its still noteworthy.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
What the chances that it actually a two different hands that looks very similar?
And also, why you even done that, compare two seemingly unrelated models?
They can be similar if it was the case that another user commented, the guys may have used the Honey Select hand as a base and modeled another hand on top of it, this would explain why the fingers are a little smoother on the Subverse model, but at the same time, there are things that are completely identical, like the thumb, the armature, etc.

Regarding the comparison, the images comparing the 3D models appeared right at the launch of the game, so people quickly realized the similarity. I just made sure that these comparisons were real, and not just internet trolls trying to smudge Studio FOW's image.

Fanguy69

Apr 10, 2021
If they just added camera controls to the sex scenes, that would be a massive improvement
Not possible. They only had a budget of 2 million when they started. It was either mediocre tactical gameplay or interactive sex scenes. Seems they choose the former and instead gave us a high quality flash game.

Personally I would have taken interactive sex scenes over the subpar tactical gameplay.

disnehater

Sep 12, 2020
after downloading all parts and extracting part 1, do i copy/paste parts 2-4 (z01, z02, z03) into the subverse folder?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Not possible. They only had a budget of 2 million when they started. It was either mediocre tactical gameplay or interactive sex scenes. Seems they choose the former and instead gave us a high quality flash game.

Personally I would have taken interactive sex scenes over the subpar tactical gameplay.
No, they made the game they wanted to make as Kristoff talked about in the interview I linked earlier.
The pretence of what they made is wrong, because it's not the game you wanted it to be, is just fucked up.

Fanguy69

Apr 10, 2021
No, they made the game they wanted to make as Kristoff talked about in the interview I linked earlier.
The pretence of what they made is wrong, because it's not the game you wanted it to be, is just fucked up.
You are right they did make the game they wanted and I said personally I would rather have had something else.
I am allowed to personally wish for something else even if what is given is not what I would have wanted.

Reactions: Razrback16

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You are right they did make the game they wanted and I said personally I would rather have had something else.
I am allowed to personally wish for something else even if what is given is not what I would have wanted.
Of course, everyone is allowed to wish for what they desire and want. Just rarely that happen. It was more of a general thing and not really directly aimed at you. Been so many posts about they made the game all wrong etc. Everyone seems to have their own ideas about how the game should have been, but end of the day its the devs creation.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
You are right they did make the game they wanted and I said personally I would rather have had something else
Absolutely, I agree. You both are right, here. SFOW has the right to make the game they want, and for those of us who consider some aspects of the game to be 'deal breakers' we can simply choose not to buy the game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Absolutely, I agree. You both are right, here. SFOW has the right to make the game they want, and for those of us who consider some aspects of the game to be 'deal breakers' we can simply choose not to buy the game.
I don't think they loose any sleep over that in any regard. Doubt they expect to earn much at all from pirates to start with.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I don't think they loose any sleep over that in any regard. Doubt they expect to earn much at all from pirates to start with.
I wouldn't expect them to worry too much regardless at this point, although I will say as far as this site (I can't speak for all), there are tons of people here who are willing to pay for good games. Many of us back indy devs on Patreon. I know I have and there are games here that I'm just waiting to come to Steam so I can pick them up immediately on launch day to support them.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I wouldn't expect them to worry too much regardless at this point, although I will say as far as this site (I can't speak for all), there are tons of people here who are willing to pay for good games. Many of us back indy devs on Patreon. I know I have and there are games here that I'm just waiting to come to Steam so I can pick them up immediately on launch day to support them.
There is many that does, but in the grand scheme of thing, those many is a minority of the whole. Probably around the same ratio of people who torrent or download by other means pirated stuff. Sometimes they buy what they pirate, because they like it.

There is so many games/vn's (whatever), and you can only support so many creators before your wallet shut you down. But that doesn't keep you from download stuff.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
There is many that does, but in the grand scheme of thing, those many is a minority of the whole. Probably around the same ratio of people who torrent or download by other means pirated stuff. Sometimes they buy what they pirate, because they like it.

There is so many games/vn's (whatever), and you can only support so many creators before your wallet shut you down. But that doesn't keep you from download stuff.
Ya the way I look at places like F95 are as a way to try games out. If I really like a game and especially a dev, I look to see if they sell the game on Steam and if they do, I buy it - I own both City of Broken Dreamers and Being A DIK on Steam as a couple examples and I'll continue to buy them as they release new parts of the games.

It's really kinda cool because there are games I've bought that I would have never even heard of without F95, a pirate site, lol. The irony is just kinda funny with situations like that. But ya I'm sure some people just leech, too. My point was just that I know there are tons of folks that I speak with frequently in multiple threads I follow here that actively buy games they play and back developers on their respective Patreons as a way of keeping them going. Ultimately I think when developers release something players really like, they are happy to fork over some cash as a way of saying thank you, I would like more, please.

I also love the review system here - some people really take the time to write good, detailed reviews which are a huge help to people.

Fanguy69

Apr 10, 2021
Everybody is a pirate.
Pirating has little effect on overall sales. Grey market Keysellers like G2A do more harm than pirating. I recall a dev who told pirates they rather trm torrent the game than them having to deal with stolen keys. At the end of the day pirating is more of a moral dilemma than a harmful one for anyone who feels strange about it.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Actually pirating has little effect on overall sales. Grey market Keysellers like G2A actually do more harm than pirating. I recall a dev who told pirates they's rather you torrent the game than them having to deal with stolen credit cards. At the end of the day pirating is moral dilemma than a harmful one.
Yep, while there are absolutely leechers out there, or just poor folks who simply don't have the $ to buy games, there are plenty of people who just want to test drive a game before they give their money over. I've had more than a few games that I had never heard of before checking out pirate sites like crackwatch, f95, and piracy subreddits that I ultimately ended up purchasing because I thought the dev did a good job and I wanted them to make more games like that.

Ghost2894

Nov 17, 2020
There is controller support, just for the ship gameplay atm.
Ya controller works good for schmup - controls are smooth for it, would definitely recommend giving your controller a go.
Guess I've got some egg on my face here. I didn't actually try plugging in my pad, and there's no mention of controller support on the steam pageso I didnt make the attempt. Usually games have little indicators for that. Im sure there are controller maps in the settings that I completely glossed over. I'll have to give that a shot soon

Ghost2894

Nov 17, 2020
Yep, while there are absolutely leechers out there, or just poor folks who simply don't have the $ to buy games, there are plenty of people who just want to test drive a game before they give their money over. I've had more than a few games that I had never heard of before checking out pirate sites like crackwatch, f95, and piracy subreddits that I ultimately ended up purchasing because I thought the dev did a good job and I wanted them to make more games like that.
Ghostrunner comes to mind when I read this. The demo worked just fine but when the game actually launched it had a ton of issues including dropped inputs, which is an issue in a 3D platformer where missing a grappling hook means death. Had I ripped that game off, I never even would've bought it. Luckily refunding is pretty easy but still depending on the game it ties up your money for a while

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes