arpaschad

Sep 18, 2017
at their Discord:

1619458945964.png

I thought they already have those gameplay programmers?

No wonder they're lacking in the gameplay department... if that position is understaffed... well they still got the $2 million backer money to hire all the personnel they need I guess...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
at their Discord:

View attachment 1164386

I thought they already have those gameplay programmers?

No wonder they're lacking in the gameplay department... if that position is understaffed... well they still got the $2 million backer money to hire all the personnel they need I guess...
Yeah because the 12 or so devs the team consist of today, doesn't require pay for any of the work they done the last couple years since the kickstarter right?... They got ALL that money stashed in a bank still.. yes, rational thinking there buddy.

Also they made no secret of want to hire more people with the release of the early access.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Wtf is gameplay programmer? Or they mean gameplay designer that is also programmer.
Well, asking google :ROFLMAO:

" What does a gameplay programmer do? Gameplay programmers write the code for the interactions that make a game fun to play. While lead designers decide on the combat, gameplay programmers make it happen. They work with level designers to see what needs to be done to make the gameplay work. "

" As of Apr 17, 2021, the average annual pay for a Gameplay Programmer in the United States is $91,999 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $44.23 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,769/week or $7,667/month. "

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Well, asking google :ROFLMAO:

" What does a gameplay programmer do? Gameplay programmers write the code for the interactions that make a game fun to play. While lead designers decide on the combat, gameplay programmers make it happen. They work with level designers to see what needs to be done to make the gameplay work. "

" As of Apr 17, 2021, the average annual pay for a Gameplay Programmer in the United States is $91,999 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $44.23 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,769/week or $7,667/month. "
So it is just programmer...

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
No, it's a gameplay programmer :ROFLMAO: You don't really want someone that is focused on make desktop applications etc...
Oh yes because you difference programmers on what they worked, not in what language they are proficient...
Please show me your master degree in pulpit application programming.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Oh yes because you difference programmers on what they worked, not in what language they are proficient...
Uh, if you going to hire someone to make a database application (or whatever), you don't necessary go hire someone that does make games for a living. Of course the more proficient and skilled someone is the more adverse they are. End of the day a programmer/coder is not JUST a programmer.

TheAncient0ne

Mar 30, 2018
Well... you actually do. For example if you're looking for a driver for a DTM team a WRC driver wouldn't be your first choice even tho they are very proficient in driving a car fast AF. The same principle applies here.

Reactions: Leeduva

arpaschad

Sep 18, 2017

''12 or so devs the team consist of today''

Wow...so that's the work output of 12+ devs getting paid almost 100k a year working in this game looks like...

nice...

Reactions: acen babon
2.90 star(s) 250 Votes