snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Regarding progress on the NG+ bug, I speed-ran the game + expansion in the Japanese version, got to the true final boss. Saved, finished the boss, entered the basement, saved to another slot. The second save loads and then starts NG+ properly in both language versions of the game. However when I reload the first save, do the true final boss in the English version, and then move on to the basement, it will not let me restart.

Between this, and the fact that by removing the the code that makes the game remember what your stats/inventory/etc were before entering the basement, seems to suggest that, as near as I can tell, something is not carrying into the basement properly, so when the game tries to exit the basement, it tries to find that something and gets screwed up. Or so it seems.

Still no promises on being able to fix it, but for the next phase, I'm going to see what, if anything, might have gotten changed in the code between the two versions. If/when I have more news, I'll report back more.

Reactions: DarkLabs02

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
And...got it. I've attached the quickfix file but it can also be obtained from the SA mod wiki .

The three fixed bugs are:
  1. The game no longer crashes when attempting to start New Game+ from the Time-Frozen Basement after the True Ending. If you enter the basement fresh from the true end final boss, you will not need to do anything. However, if you load a save directly into the basement, you will need to "leave" by viewing the cutscenes in any of the side rooms and then return.
  1. It should now be possible to return to the basement from all of the viewable scenes for the expansion. You can no longer lock yourself out.
  1. Tsumugi's second character profile will now be properly added to the gallery. If the expansion is finished normally, this will be automatic. If you have already played it, you will need to enter (or leave/re-enter) the Clubhouse Village to make it appear. If you are already in the basement after the true ending, it should also be possible to obtain it through the same method mentioned in #1
To install the fixes, simply copy the data from the zip file to the www/data folder for the game and overwrite anything there.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Weird. I tried the new bugfix, but for some reason, when loading a basement save, only Pafukusu's cutscene is letting me New Game +, but it's forcefully giving me all the trophies for completing the game on Nightmare, even though on that save I didn't do that...

No issues when loading a save just before the final confrontation however! So, thank you for this!

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Weird. I tried the new bugfix, but for some reason, when loading a basement save, only Pafukusu's cutscene is letting me New Game +, but it's forcefully giving me all the trophies for completing the game on Nightmare, even though on that save I didn't do that...

No issues when loading a save just before the final confrontation however! So, thank you for this!
Do you have nightmare difficulty turned on when you try to do that? I know after beating hard mode, the game will ask if you want to turn on nightmare difficulty on the spot and it actually takes effect as well as your battle count being reset, so perhaps it thinks you've just completed the game on nightmare difficulty.

Uh yeah, I just tried watching pfks cutscene with nightmare turned on and got the trophies and I don't even have the fix installed lmao. Also broke the gallery.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Do you have nightmare difficulty turned on when you try to do that? I know after beating hard mode, the game will ask if you want to turn on nightmare difficulty on the spot and it actually takes effect as well as your battle count being reset, so perhaps it thinks you've just completed the game on nightmare difficulty.
No, I don't. It was on normal difficulty all the while. I never play on Hard, I always stay on Normal, and switch to Nightmare for my last run.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
No, I don't. It was on normal difficulty all the while. I never play on Hard, I always stay on Normal, and switch to Nightmare for my last run.
I meant in the true end basement, did you turn on nightmare difficulty. Honestly, that basement is just super buggy so I wouldn't be surprised if even doing it on normal gave the trophies.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
By the gods! That was quite the powerful random thoughtograph I got!
Clearly, she thinks you're a bodacious dude.

Not sure what was with the added need to re-see the True End boss specifically to make the bugfix work, nor the extra trophies...I couldn't duplicate it, and it shouldn't but as I've noted, most of this was fixed by duplicating code I don't fully understand. I guess take the trophies as a bonus for having to deal with the bug in the first place...?

duncanwadams

Sep 9, 2017
The game seemed interesting until I ran into an unwinnable boss battle and learned that the objective was to arrange the suicide of expendable MCs via succubi.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
The game seemed interesting until I ran into an unwinnable boss battle and learned that the objective was to arrange the suicide of expendable MCs via succubi.
haha someone wasn't paying attention to the beginning, Pfks tells you all that at the start.

Not sure what was with the added need to re-see the True End boss specifically to make the bugfix work, nor the extra trophies...I couldn't duplicate it, and it shouldn't but as I've noted, most of this was fixed by duplicating code I don't fully understand. I guess take the trophies as a bonus for having to deal with the bug in the first place...?
It's okay, I just ended up using a save from before the final fight, and so far haven't found any problems. Well, I did see that both Pafukusu pages have the exact same description, but that's likely unrelated to your bugfixes. I'll mention it, if I find any issues.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It's not like npcs give you hints about who needs to get fucked by whom. I never failed to match correctly, so what happens? Are you just unable to satisfy them?

duncanwadams

Sep 9, 2017
haha someone wasn't paying attention to the beginning, Pfks tells you all that at the start.

Blacksouls taught me to never take anything NPC says at face value. Also, I somewhat expected that it can be circumvented - either by tricks, deals, magic, or building up the stamina/willpower of MC.

"Go forth and die" is a kinda unappealing strategy and goal.

Are you just unable to satisfy them?
Nah, filled the enemy meter but died anyway. Thought that there was a gimmick to it (like you need to keep more than 30% hp or you shouldn't get past 3rd nut) so wasted some time reloading and repeating before trawling through the comments (from which I understood that it is expected that your character dies in the process and you have to guide all MCs to their deaths).

May 23, 2020
Does this game have any femdom like feet worship, ass worship, pet play, toilet play, pegging or the sort? Or is it only vaginal sex and blowjobs with femdom talk?

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Does this game have any femdom like feet worship, ass worship, pet play, toilet play, pegging or the sort? Or is it only vaginal sex and blowjobs with femdom talk?
If you reallllly stretch some of those definitions, there's a very small amount of what might constitute as pegging (one enemy who appears in both normal and miniboss form applies a magic-oriented stimulus to the player character's asshole), and there's also one enemy in the expansion who might count as pet-play, though again, it might not be as hard as your question suggests you might want to see. Those are probably the closest. There's also one story boss who has a thing for blood and what might constitute violent vore, too, though what she does "on camera" stays pretty tame. Not sure if that goes along with what you brought up or not.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
:) every time I'm wearing 3 keys with +100% terror resistance, using a photo ability that gives me +50% terror resistance, and using struggle for the +30% status resistance... and I get hit by Horror anyway :D it's just great

On the upside, I managed to burst for 89k 133k 174k 211k mood on nightmare in the warrior stance, with the ungodly buffs and debuffs that this DLC allows, so that's something. Buffs were randomly generated tsumugi photo (+30% lux power +40% lux power +30% mood), Shuten Doji's photo (pink haired oni girl with the red horns), Tamamo's 1st photo (-40% enemy willpower), Hatter's key III, and Focus II (gear was Phoenix feathers, Citadel, Stygian and hatter's keys).
I really would like to see what would happen if I were use that on the last boss, but she takes so fucking long to bring me to a point I can surrender, and the game won't let me start that fight with higher than 0 EP. Guess I'll have to contend with 100k from the other stances instead.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Well no matter how much terror resist you have, it's not gonna help against a different status effect. I just used grand revelry if I think they're gonna do something that changes my stance.

Reactions: Cradhpez

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
... Terror resistance works on Horror, it's just like halved or something, and multiple ones stack multiplicatively, so I think I had like 92% odds of resisting Horror (and 100% guaranteed odds for resisting Terror, just from a single key).
Yeah, sure, I know Dakki's power can work.

Pipel1

Feb 1, 2022
How exactly do I make dlc work? I installed game and dlc, dropped "SuccubusAcademiaExpansion-v1_1_3-en" into main game folder but I think it doesn't detect it

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes