Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
If anyone ever figures out how to fix this bug where you can't do True New Game+ from the basement room, please let us know...
I'm getting this exact same bug. I tried some finagling with some items. If I rename the first guy manually (even to the exact same name I was using previously), I get a different error so maybe it has something to do with renaming people. If anyone can list off all their vanilla names that might help. Thankfully I have a save just before going to the true end so I can still head into the dlc with that if there's no fix for this nasty bug.

Last edited:

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
I'm getting this exact same bug. I tried some finagling with some items. If I rename the first guy manually (even to the exact same name I was using previously), I get a different error so maybe it has something to do with renaming people. If anyone can list off all their vanilla names that might help. Thankfully I have a save just before going to the true end so I can still head into the dlc with that if there's no fix for this nasty bug.
You get a different error the 1st time you do it (though, it looks to me like it starts to give the same error message as before but then at the end it changes to "undefined"). But, if you save after changing the names, and reload and try to NG+ again, you'll get the same "inbattle" error message as before. Not sure if it's related.
Unrelatedly, there is one bug though that has carried from before this DLC, when I try to change the name in the card of the last character I had before the final MC, it tries to default to the name I picked for the final MC.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Is there a list of all the characters in the index? I'm at 98% and it's the only trophy that gives points besides the nightmare ones I'm missing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
You find the frustration odd? While I vehemently disagree with it, I think I understand it. Most people want retribution on those they judge immoral. And if someone looks at the succubi draining, not only the "protagonists" lives but others too, as (mass) murder, then they've got no choice but to deem them immoral.
Odd might not be exactly the right word, but it just sort of never occurred to me. It was kind of like doing the old Keanu-in-theMatrix "whoa" and realizing "oh, I guess that might be a thing, too". It's like eating bacon being immoral from a pig's perspective, maybe? But (and this probably pegs me as the weird one), I never thought about the characterization side of things too hard from the perspective of the "pigs" in this case.

Of course, as you noted, a lot of things about the nature of what "really" happened was a little vague (as befits the dreamlike atmosphere, IMO).

Is there a list of all the characters in the index? I'm at 98% and it's the only trophy that gives points besides the nightmare ones I'm missing.
Did you actually scroll over every profile (so that the text for their names are in white, rather than pink)? Characters aren't counted for the trophy until you "read" their profile. (EDIT: I see you added your list. I'm a touch short on time but I'll check against what I have if the solution hasn't arrived before then.)

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Did you actually scroll over every profile (so that the text for their names are in white, rather than pink)? Characters aren't counted for the trophy until you "read" their profile. Also, are you in the basement post-True End? Because the final name doesn't get added to the list until then, when you get the true identity of Pfks.
Yeah I'm checking from the save I have in the true end basement. Scrolled over all of them but it sticks to 98%.
This one right?
Does it also count the blue text for drifters? Cause some of the drifters don't have that but I'm not sure what causes it to be filled in.

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Okay, I checked, and this is honestly very frustrating, as there looks like a bug in the English version that we didn't catch during the various rounds of checks. So up front, really sorry about that (and I'll see if there's anything that can be done...crossing my fingers but this might be something I can fix myself). Assuming you are indeed playing in English, then the last one you're missing is almost certainly Tsumugi's true profile.

EDIT: Whelp, none of the hoped "easy fix" ideas I had worked. :(

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
That's unfortunate and yeah I guess that'd be the one I am missing. I only have the profile that mentions she's sure she'll meet her partners again.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
That's unfortunate and yeah I guess that'd be the one I am missing. I only have the profile that mentions she's sure she'll meet her partners again.
There go our plans of getting all the trophies.
Sadly, code is not my thing, I've tried to do a sort of bandaid "hot fix". I don't actually have a save handy to check it, but Phenir, try this and see if it'll grant the trophy. Take the attached file, and unzip what's in it (I had to make it a zip because the forum won't let me attach a .js) into the www/patch folder, overwriting the one that's in there already.

If it works the way I think it should, it won't add the missing character but it will make it so that that character isn't required for the trophy.

[Attachment deleted due to being ineffective, see my next post for an actual fix.]

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Didn't work. I think the change you did is just for the "satisified everyone" trophy from what I can tell looking at the difference and surrounding code.

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Didn't work. I think the change you did is just for the "satisified everyone" trophy from what I can tell looking at the difference and surrounding code.
Well, I may still have some good news for when you wake up. I figured out what was causing the original issue and corrected it. I just tested it on a copy of the official English version, loaded a save where I didn't have her on the list, and there she was, just like in the Japanese version. The one caveat is that it is tied to entering the Clubhouse Village (since the flags are supposed to go up when you first re-enter it after completing the Expansion). It'll also work automatically if you load a save there, but if you're post-True Ending and stuck in the basement, it won't fire. I've included a workaround in that case, but I can't vouch for its efficacy quite as well. So use it only as a last resort.

As with the previous attempt, you just need to overwrite the file that's currently in the game, Map008.json. Simply take the file out of the .zip and copy/overwrite it into the game's www/data folder. You can find the workaround in the "USE ONLY IF NECESSARY" folder, same thing, just copy/overwrite Map063 from that into the www/data folder.

This has actually given me an idea or two regarding the NG+ crash. I'm, again, no expert in code, but I have an idea I might be able to try. However, I don't have any saves where I've been able to reproduce it.

UPDATE: I was able to get a save that can reproduce it, and I've narrowed it down to a specific part of the code (it's the part where the game tries to put your progress data from right before you entered the memory room back into place as you exit it), but it's pretty confusing. I can take out the part that breaks it, or perhaps make it so that the game doesn't "hold" data when you enter it after finishing the true ending, but who knows what chain reaction that could cause, so I'm looking to see if I can decipher what specifically breaks it. I've also confirmed that a save made with the English game breaks in both the English and Japanese versions, but I don't have a Japanese save that can trigger the issue right at the moment, either, so I still don't know if this was an issue caused by the translation or if it was always in the game. Determining that may also determine how to fix it/if it's even something I can manage, so I may have to speedrun the JPN version if/when I have time.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
That did work, but seems to require having the dlc area currently finished as it didn't work on the ng+ save I have but did on the one I have just before going ng+ (on normal route of course). Also, it wouldn't add her just from loading a save in the village, had to leave and re enter. The workaround also works but requires viewing a memory (I used Ayumu just before rape) and returning to the basement. This also successfully triggered the trophy.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
how to have secret ending?
My turn. Is there any meaning to the questions from the counselor? I thought it might be something like you get a weakness to enemies with those attributes but there's only one character I'd say that unnatural skin colors applies to.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
My turn. Is there any meaning to the questions from the counselor? I thought it might be something like you get a weakness to enemies with those attributes but there's only one character I'd say that unnatural skin colors applies to.
Afaik, the only thing the questions are supposed to do is change Pafukusu's appearance in the final confrontation (maybe it can change the size of other succubi's breasts, not sure). However, if you NG+ after answering the questions then Pafukusu's appearance will default to her unchanged form, with the exception of breast size, I think.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Glad the fix worked, even if it was a little tricky. I probably could've introduced an item to do it, but I felt like the method least likely to break something would be to just copy the way it's done in the Japanese version. Not sure how the translation ended up with it left out (I have a theory, but can't say for sure).

Yes, there is a meaning.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So if someone started the game (base plus DLC) completely fresh, would they eventually run into this(these) error(s), or is it safe?

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
who is the partner of mutsuki and yui?
Mutsuki's partner is Tohru, the delinquent dude, a blonde guy that you unlock after getting rid of the motor bike and checking the basement.
Yui's partner is Makoto. The occult club nerdy guy with the glasses.

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes