Jul 8, 2022
How so, if you don't mind me asking?
Idk i feel like if they were just random succubi and the protags were just unlucky in encountering them then I think i wouldn't be as bothered about it but the extra element of betrayal to all of it just kinda makes it more upsetting. Like all the mcs were good people who had special relationships with them and then they just get turned into a quick snack and the succubi get to live happily ever after no matter what.

Jul 8, 2022
I think that's how I felt too, at first. That changed after seeing the true ending, and getting some more context. But, at first, I wasn't too keen on the imperviousness they have. It felt like, for all the actions my characters were allowed to partake (while they were getting raped), it was all for naught. Like, for all the "hard work" in satisfying the succubi, it was difficult to see the difference between doing it and not, based on the short-term results. After going through the true route though, it's hard for me now to see any of the succubi as anything more than tools in this nightmare
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean I get that but at the end of the day it doesn't really change the fact that all of them got exactly what they wanted at the expense of the mcs and with no repercussions. Like I said I get that was the point of the game but I think I prefer the ones where at least one of the endings has the villains get some sorta comeuppance.

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
To get a complete frozen basement I was wondering if the best way to proceed is:

First play: Normal end(Notorious succubi are probably too difficult to beat on first play even on Normal difficulty)
Second play: True end
DLC can be done during second play or is better to wait till third play after the true ending?
With a little grinding, you can easily beat the first 3 notorious succubi. AT least, for me it was easy on normal difficulty.

Iatneh

Jan 15, 2019
Because of the way RPGMaker encodes things, the English expansion is not compatible with the Japanese base game by default (and vice-versa). It won't be able to load any of the encoded images.

You will need to decrypt the files first.
Okay so I tried decrypting the files but I still get the same error, seems like the problem comes from something else. If someone could upload a version of the game with the dlc installed it would be great.

Raysi

Aug 8, 2018
Idk i feel like if they were just random succubi and the protags were just unlucky in encountering them then I think i wouldn't be as bothered about it but the extra element of betrayal to all of it just kinda makes it more upsetting. Like all the mcs were good people who had special relationships with them and then they just get turned into a quick snack and the succubi get to live happily ever after no matter what.
Ah, I see. I guess it really does depend on what kind of endings you like. Having the antagonist(s) get out fine doesn't sit right with a lot of people.

Vinum sama

Aug 23, 2019
The game could seriously use a good old "uncensored mod". The mosaic isn't too bad in the base game, but it feels pretty overblown in the DLC, especially on Dakki and Stona + Merona.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
If anyone ever figures out how to fix this bug where you can't do True New Game+ from the basement room, please let us know...

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
I mean I get that but at the end of the day it doesn't really change the fact that all of them got exactly what they wanted at the expense of the mcs and with no repercussions. Like I said I get that was the point of the game but I think I prefer the ones where at least one of the endings has the villains get some sorta comeuppance.

Vinum sama

Aug 23, 2019
Weird... I seem to be getting stuck at 96% album. Is there a 25th or 26th photo??
Nope, you're good, you get the trophy at 24 and it just stays stuck at 96%. You can fill the album further by taking photos of girls from the base game or from the first Tsumugi fight but it doesn't get you above 96% as far as I can tell.

Reactions: bunny931

ConTheMink

Dec 3, 2018
Weird... I seem to be getting stuck at 96% album. Is there a 25th or 26th photo??
Nope, you're good, you get the trophy at 24 and it just stays stuck at 96%. You can fill the album further by taking photos of girls from the base game or from the first Tsumugi fight but it doesn't get you above 96% as far as I can tell.
You are able to increase the percentage by taking pictures of the girls from the base game.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Alright, I haven't even tried taking photos outside of the expansion. I'll get to it... eventually... I'll need a slightly altered route to 100% completion that takes into account the fact that I can't do NewGame+ after the true ending anymore.

I played through the DLC on Nightmare during dream stage 6, and it was very easy. This is probably by design, after all the whole atmosphere of the expansion is quite lighthearted, so the lack of a challenge is not surprising. Even Pafukusu is interacting on friendly terms with another goddess in this one.
Just a nice, lighthearted experience, curb thy expectations for a challenge. The photos even take away some (or a lot) of the challenge from the vanilla game.

RPGGamer9500

Dec 5, 2018
I copy pasted the files as it asked me in each of the appropriate file directories and it's playing fine. The DLC didn't seem to play any BGM files though. Hmmm.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
after all the whole atmosphere of the expansion is quite lighthearted
Y'know, I actually thought the expansion was a bit more bittersweet at best, maybe even downright tragic. Kinda comes back to that discussion y'all were having about the "villains" of the game, I think. I didn't see the main Succubi as "villains" at all, really. Differently moral, but not really evil, in their own vein. Heck, if anyone were a "villain" in the game, it'd be the true protagonist, I feel like. The frustration at the "villains getting away with it" is a take that's a little odd to take in, because honestly, I felt like I empathized more with them than the "protagonists" anyway.

But yeah, coming back to the expansion, that actually kinda felt rough, since

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Y'know, I actually thought the expansion was a bit more bittersweet at best, maybe even downright tragic. Kinda comes back to that discussion y'all were having about the "villains" of the game, I think. I didn't see the main Succubi as "villains" at all, really. Differently moral, but not really evil, in their own vein. Heck, if anyone were a "villain" in the game, it'd be the true protagonist, I feel like. The frustration at the "villains getting away with it" is a take that's a little odd to take in, because honestly, I felt like I empathized more with them than the "protagonists" anyway.

But yeah, coming back to the expansion, that actually kinda felt rough, since
The atmosphere for the majority of the DLC felt pretty lighthearted. Even the other guy who's mind was breaking from the endless pleasure, it just felt very in line with the mischievous side of kitsune. Troublesome, even harmful, but playful.

You find the frustration odd? While I vehemently disagree with it, I think I understand it. Most people want retribution on those they judge immoral. And if someone looks at the succubi draining, not only the "protagonists" lives but others too, as (mass) murder, then they've got no choice but to deem them immoral.
I'm not completely certain of this, I don't know all the lore, but the succubi were likely drawn into the dream whether they wanted it or not, and once in the dream, they would not be able to leave it until they were satisfied. That said however... none of them seemed in a rush to leave, so if someone was to regard them as having free will, the succubi would have to take every action imaginable to leave the dream with as few deaths as possible, to perhaps be deemed morally okay(ish).

Anyway, when the story shifted away from the main succubi, I shifted completely too, and I never really shifted back, even as I have replayed through the story.

I suppose you don't see Pafukusu's actions as immoral either, then. To be honest, I'm not completely sure myself, and to answer that, I'd probably need to be privy to a bunch of details about the lore that I'm just not.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 19 Votes