3.50 star(s) 102 Votes

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Zion of Olympus I'm both an AE animator and a developer. what's slowing down the animation process? is it the animation itself, or the exporting of the animation into the game's format? if it's the latter i'm pretty sure i could automate the process.
Is it possible to do the chapter then add the animations later??? Because I can assure you that there are many talented animators out there who are fans of the game who will be more than willing to work with you or even offer solutions to help speed up the process as well as regulate the workload. I've seen people make animations of chapter 3 within a few days after its release, and within a couple weeks there was about 3-4 different versions of animated scenes of each and every character. And thats just the few that ive seen, im pretty sure there are much more animations out there that I dont know of. So I urge you, please do not completely take out the animations as to many of us it is the very thing that helps bring the game to life.
I understand his reasoning but it will still be sad to see them go. :(
to those of you who are still wondering about the possibility for animations after doing a chapter, I think he's stated before that besides having to wait for the animation which can take time from development since it must be in the same version or something like that, he also mentioned how the artist had to segment his art pieces so they could be more easily animated so to try and animate any of it afterwards would be really tricky. (please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this lol)
IND3X is a unique guy. He animated the game with scripts INSIDE the game itself.

If I ask someone to animate the scenes, he'd give me videos and I'll have to remake ALL the scenes from the ground up, replacing images for the videos, which will hold development of the next game by months.

Not to mention that I'm 2 years developing this game and only now I'm reaching the half of the first game, full chapter 3. I'll never finish this series at this rate.

Here was how things were done and why I had to remove it:
-The artist had to divide the scene into many pieces, like: just the ass, just the face, just the arms. Something that should take 1 week, takes now 2. So this affects every single hentai scene, adding months in the end.

-So I had to make the scenes with many broken images, which raised a LOT the time I needed to develop the scene due to the micromanagement of every piece.

-After that I'd send for the animator, IND3X, who would start to develop the animations inside the game, with scripts. I couldn't touch the game during this time. It took from 3 weeks to 1 month and a half to finish each chapter.

-Then I'd have to play test the entire game/chapter again, to see if everything was in order. This took 1 week or more, because we also needed to correct a few things.

Long story short? Animations are awesome for games with 5 - 10 scenes. But not for the juggernaut that will be each game of Succubus Covenant, with 7 - 9 scenes per chapter. Having 5 chapters per game.

I'll focus on what I need to focus. Story, characters, world building, choice and consequence and awesome art.

myleast

Mar 24, 2020
Zion of Olympus
i see.
i'd bet there's a lot to the nuances of your workflow i don't know, but given my many years of both animating and developing, here are my 2 cents:
i think at least 2 parts of this process can be greatly streamlined via automation.

1. breaking the scene to elements.
of course that the more the scene image is separated to different elements, the more thorough the animation can be. however, even with a single flattened image, a lot can be done. with just a separation of the two characters, 70% of what can be achieved with full segmentation can already be done. if the drawing is done in photoshop, then most likely some amount of element separation is already there.
now, if there's an issue with transferring separate elements from photoshop to the game format, that part can surely be automated by generating some data file denoting the file names and their respective usage info. if such a a data file can be of help, then this bit of the work can become as easy as clicking button.

2. animating.
animating by scripting in the game engine is CRAZY. if there's no hidden constraint i'm unaware of, i would have animated in AE, and then exported the keyframe data to game script commands. in such a case, animation work would be a breeze.

if the two tasks are indeed doable, then the whole process of creating the animation and inserting the segmented bits into the game would improve by a tenfold.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I downloaded it on my android but it says app not installed. What other app do I need for it to play ???
none. you download, install (give permission to install from unknown sources if necessary) and play the apk.

bruhperv

Mar 21, 2020
Anybody got a save in the end of 0.4 content? I deleted my game a while ago and i remember it being long as hell

Fatman64

Jan 30, 2019
Been wondering how to get the witch to break the barrier. I chose to side with her, but what was I supposed to do afterwards.

CallMeSven

Apr 4, 2018
Been wondering how to get the witch to break the barrier. I chose to side with her, but what was I supposed to do afterwards.
Have you exhausted all the dialogues with her?

also i've found 4 of the 5 new succuby... succubusses.... yep, but where do i have to go for the fox suc ? there is nothing at the other side of the river for me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Lazercat

Nov 1, 2019

also i've found 4 of the 5 new succuby... succubusses.... yep, but where do i have to go for the fox suc ? there is nothing at the other side of the river for me.
the fox is as far right as you can go in the new area

Fatman64

Jan 30, 2019

It's more like she tells me to leave her alone. I was supposed to get something from her.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

That would be "Succubi". (Pronounced Suck-You-By).

I haven't started on the new update yet but fox succubus sounds hot. Have fun on your fox hunt.

milio81

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys, if anyone has time to give some detailed steps to the latest update that would be nice. thanks

RavioMakin

Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys, if anyone has time to give some detailed steps to the latest update that would be nice. thanks
Basically, there is a demo with 5 new succ and chapter 3 won't have animations cause they slow too much the process, don't ask for dates, when the game will be ready you can look it up on patreon

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
ty a lot. how did u enter the recollection room? ive tried in my own game but couldnt.
you have to find the dream stone for this you have to pick all the strange stone after you find 6 it will became the dream stone , go to the temple who needs the dream stone enter, pick the cat go to your tent, the cat will set in the ground and go to sleep, you will go to the dream world(the strange stone will be a shiny in the ground just interact with them and you will take).

3.50 star(s) 102 Votes