3.50 star(s) 102 Votes

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Yeah i would like to know that too.
It will come when it's ready.

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he was disappointed with the time is taking to develop. It will be 2 years now and only now I'm getting to full chapter 3 of the first game.

Then I explained to him everything. The problems we had by not having an exclusive artist in the beginning, animations that took a lot of time not just to implement them, but also for the creation of the image itself that had to be divided into many parts. The sprites now being made for all characters, etc.

But worse of all, my own choices to release unfinished chapters before: "I'll release this chapter with only the succubi, then I'll add more things later."

Guess what, that's a trap and now I'm dealing with a snowball effect.

I'll only release finished chapters from now on. Just like warlock saga.

WS chapter 1 took me 3 to 4 months using my weekends to develop it. I want the same period of time after the release of the full chapter 3 for the next chapters of the main series.

However, if this is still not good enough, I'll ask my supporters if they want me to change focus, and develop a game only focused on the hentai. Like pokemon hentai or something. You can capture the girl or be sucked dry if you lose. I can deliver one full game every year. No big story, no choice and consequence, no lore, no male art.

I'm stressed. A lot. That's not good for my health.

Gabranth2

Nov 11, 2019

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he was disappointed with the time is taking to develop. It will be 2 years now and only now I'm getting to full chapter 3 of the first game.

Then I explained to him everything. The problems we had by not having an exclusive artist in the beginning, animations that took a lot of time not just to implement them, but also for the creation of the image itself that had to be divided into many parts. The sprites now being made for all characters, etc.

But worse of all, my own choices to release unfinished chapters before: "I'll release this chapter with only the succubi, then I'll add more things later."

WS chapter 1 took me 3 to 4 months using my weekends to develop it. I want the same period of time after the release of the full chapter 3 for the next chapters of the main series.

However, if this is still not good enough, I'll ask my supporters if they want me to change focus, and develop a game only focused on the hentai. Like pokemon hentai or something. You can capture the girl or be sucked dry if you lose. I can deliver one full game every year. No big story, no choice and consequence, no lore, no male art.

I don't want to be the side of the minority that does not speak up their thoughts.
I believe the way of an artist to deliver exceptional work is by giving him freedom.
I really wanted that most of the comment that come in your way wouldn't have that effect of pushing you to a corner.
I like how here in the thread we discuss the -what ifs- of the game and at the same time we pass the time in a healthy way.
Even in the thread there still are some few comments of impatient user but probably in Patreon it's even worse.
What i really want to say is, don't forget about yourself.
It's like those situations in a Sports anime, the MC does all he can to be the best in the world but at the cost of injuries and sometimes forgetting his love interest.
You are bigger than this project Zion of Olympus, not the otherway around.
Maybe something inside you is finally asking for recognition. Self-recognition. Go with your flow. You have my support (y)

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Zion your supporters have a voice on the matter and if they all agreed on the updates taking too long or understanding that you want to release a full update gameplay that takes over max 1 or 1hr40mins to complete then so be it.

There's other games i wont mention that been taking beyond 3 or 6 months to get an updated to be released and regardless if they a team of 3 or 5 people or even 2 or in the most odd scenario 1 PERSON! the results actually end up be the same ur dealing with so cheer up, ur doing your part and if you feel that the supporters need an opinion on the matter then ur the one to let them know via a poll or feedback in the comments etc...

Honestly this game its one that not only have succubus but humans and angels and i'm excited to see how this is gonna play out in the future so don't overextend yourself and you and kain will do great and amazing things to this game and any other project you guys feel like having in mind or in the current works when succubus covenant its finally over <3

falcolo

May 27, 2021
Zion I might be saying this a lot but in the words of Persona 5 "Take your time". My guy the last thing that we want is for your mental health to deteriorate by working on this game. I agree that the game is taking a while but if it means that we get the best game possible without completely wrecking your mental health so be it.

RavioMakin

Jun 23, 2019
Damn i hope the supporters will stick to the idea of the original story with relevant characters and not just the hentai part...
It's sad to see you so stressed out, maybe you should take a vacation somewhere you always wanted to go and just take some time off. I don't think all of this should be rushed, this is relatively a "young" project and usually an entire saga could take years, actually ykw from the size of the project this is gonna teke lots of your time and being able to dose it with your job is not going to be easy, you want this?
I mean, from now to the next 5 years, looking back on how you used your time and energy, this project is going to be something to regret or what changed your life for the better, think about it and let us know. (y)
Also your friend is an asshole for not cheering you up (jk plz don't ban me ;))

falcolo

May 27, 2021
If you ever feel down in the dumps Zion I have the perfect video for you my guy:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

I think you are right on target by avoiding snowball effects and focusing on the lore and story of SC. There are many succubus themed eroge games on the site but none of them have SC's level of thought and care put into it's world building. For a project of the magnitude, longer waiting periods are to be expected but they will ultimately lead to a better game for those who enjoy your level of quality storytelling. Your fans are posting on your threads rather than all of the others for a reason, they all love your world.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
my tier list right now, I'm looking forward to chapter 3, do you have any idea how many chapters will be coming out in total?
Five chapters per game, four games per era, for a total of five eras. So that's 100 planned for the main series.

Reactions: Maryus

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019

We fans tend to forget there's people behind these games, with their own lives and problems. Anonymous as getting games through the internet is, we focus solely on getting what we want without considering the people working to make them real.

I do want all this series done yesterday because the prospect of waiting years to get it all annoys me. But my own forays into creating stories and drawing comics let me know just how hard starting is, not to mention going through and expanding these projects.

So I wait, regardless of my unrealistic desires.

You are doing your best job on this, and deserve to enjoy it, not to be burned out from overwork stress and demanding idiots like me.

So put your health before the game.

energeon

Feb 6, 2021
In the Ch3 demo purple forest, you should explore all the edges of the map because there's no clear path. From a bridge, there should be 3 paths which all lead to further areas and scenes. From what I remember the cow should be in either the right or top area. But if you don't want to do that just google "Succubus Covenant Cow Succubus" and you should find a PH link

Mikecz23

Jun 24, 2019
In the Ch3 demo purple forest, you should explore all the edges of the map because there's no clear path. From a bridge, there should be 3 paths which all lead to further areas and scenes. From what I remember the cow should be in either the right or top area. But if you don't want to do that just google "Succubus Covenant Cow Succubus" and you should find a PH link
It's made by fans and is not part of the game
there is a barrier in that forest and it cannot be switched off

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Oathakafaze
3.50 star(s) 102 Votes