RPGM - Succubus Covenant Generation One: The Cursed Forest [Ch. 5] [Olympus]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ryonaman

It's a VERY story focused rpgmaker game with hentai sprinkled over

And when the main focus is the story and it's pretty uninteresting, (repeating all the clichés from fantasy stories and succubus/monster girl h-games) the game just becomes a chore and the 2-3 high quality h-scenes don't make up for the long filler heavy story in between that the game wants you to care but the characters, the enemies, the setting is not remotely absorbing enough to do so. The fighting mechanics are equally as bad.

Lenghty story and rpg battles in H-games can be fun when it's done right (though rpg maker has a lot of limitations) . Just look at Monster Quest, the game would massively benefit if the devs were inspired by that, like in the delivery of the story; throwing 30 minutes of dull story told through rpg maker with little to no h-scenes is not a good way to do it and a battle system that rewards tactics would really improve things and not make you want to cheat to become OP and avoid repetitive heal spam with attack mashing so you can get to the high quality CG, the only thing worthwile here.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Reapxer

Great animation. Multiple female NPCs to have fun with, and a good story line. This is one of the best erotic RPGMs, I have ever played. I have two expectations from this game: first, introduce more succubus and stretch the story line ; and last, enhance the battle mechanism. Nonetheless, game is good. Keep up the good work. Best of luck.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 148706

I just finished the game from start to end with a little over 4 hours of game play so here is my review
    this game is by far one of the best hentai games i have ever played and the story is on another level i never expected such a good story in this game and at the same time to have such good art and hentai scenes so this is literally a fappable good game and i can't wait to see its complete version and i believe it will be a jewel.

good things about the game this is my personal opinion ofc:
    -you will be able to build your own tribe and have side characters live with you and even get quests from them and get scenes from like iole
    -options for both fighting and fucking the succubi without being totally raped and be defeated
    -upgrading your soaring gauntlet and who knows maybe even the rest of your equipment and sword of adalon in the future
    -different types of scenes and not limit to a specific standard scene for all boss fights
    -great story maybe one of the best things about this game and i think if this game was not a hentai game i would still love to play the game to watch its story
    -clues and lore spread throughout the game which makes the game world more lively and worth exploring
    -the game is an open world which is far better than a linear one and shows what you can expect from it
    -looting system you can find a lot of chests full of rune or gold and herbs throughout the world too which makes your journey easier and fun

things i would love to be in the game and things that need to be focused on:
    -gold is pretty much useless till the last update since you get medical herbs easily and there is no real market till now
    -combat system is good but still a bit rigid and old schooled which could be improved and my advise would be to hire someone to implement a more flexible combat system
    -no fast travel or teleportation system implemented yet and i would love to see one
    -also there is no way to view old scenes you got and i think adding the album and map options in the inventory would be great for this open world rpg game
    -the variety of the succubus is great and all but i still think a petite succubus would be desired :D and if possible please increase the amount of female side characters one can interact with and make love to like iole :D
    -this is my opinion but i think adding some side mini games with rewards like items or powerups or even scenes to the game would be a wonderful addition

overall this game ranks in the top of all the hentai games i played and i am rooting for the dev of this game and wish him luck
  4. 5.00 star(s)

uk.ramchiary

Really enjoyed the game the story is good the lore is interesting also love how the succubi are presented very seductive and dangerous they can be for unprepared travelers , also the music is really good its and adds to the narrative of the story overall really solid game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

CraziBeast

9/10 - v 0.5

Well, it's being a while since I played a RPGM that was actually a game.

One of the few games with an actual story and good pace, you get all the story from bits and not a 1 hour long scene. Pretty cool.

Combat, fun fights against succubus and not annoying mob fights. The battle could have a bit more variety with strategies, but they are enjoyable anyway (at least for the current lenght).

Now, the real plot...

Art: great, there isn't a bad CG in the game imo. Cute girls everywhere. Despite being all thicc gurls, the have enough body variation for keeping it interesting. I would like to see some petites girls with tight and perky ass in the future tho, lol.

Scenes: Great. Good variation, length and quality.

Overrall: F&F - Fun and Fappable. An actual game with good "plot". My only real complain would be that there is no gallery... but you know, with the save slot you can do some workaround I guess, there are more than enough slots.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Joker112

A fairly great and competent game. With the first chapter i was not a big fan of the combat system, but i do think the new combat system is an improvement, it's challenging without it being annoying. The art and story are definitely what carries the game and are both very great.
    So far
    Combat 4/5
    Art 5/5
    Story 5/5
    Characters 5/5
    Sex scenes 5/5

I noticed there was some added voice acting and the animations are definitely a plus, hopefully they get added soon to chapter 2. If there is one thing i have to mention the game did crash on me twice in full screen in about 3 hours of playing the game, so hopefully that gets fixed, otherwise an extremely promising game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

sutatipate

artwork really gorgeous :love:

If a little more sense of reality is given, I have no doubt that the characters will be a really great design. A very successful game. ;)

the content is great, the atmosphere is nice, but some more work should be done.

Thanks for understanding. ^^
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Maryus

I never seen such a perfect game for slaves, with lust and extreme sensual lure for sex , with executrix from the superb succubus, which are professional killers that say words who make you to die for them.
    The developer is very dangerous, he's master at the seduction psychology!!
    Superb art style!
    More succubus types can be added later, like vampires which will drink your blood while they will have sex and more, more fetishes , like golden showers, to be completely absorbed in the her anus, her pussy or in her mouth, or o be eaten alive while they make love with you.
    This beta game is already very dangerous!! I like it too much!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Canade

It has an animated version, enough said. Just joking.

Story 5/5
    Animations 5/5
    Combat 5/5
    Life Drain 5/5 and 2/5
    Art 5/5

The story is excellent and makes this feel like a complete game, as in a game that offers sex scenes, combat, and an immersive story, total package.

The Succubus' in this game feel more like a horror movie and genuinely give a feeling of terror during the sex scenes, which is just what I'm looking for in this game. Life Drain unfortunately gets 2 ratings, a 5 in it's presentation and a 2 in being instant death with no way of breaking the drain after the final transformation.

Overall this is a great game to play with lots of potential, if you like Succubi, Life Drain, a story driven game, and combat.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

jacobjacob

Pros:
    - art is amazing.
    - story is pretty good.
    - the succubus are GOD!

Cons:
    - H-scenes are lacking a bit, you have 3 scenes per enemy i would like 4 per enemy like the extra one being when you win and shoes to fuck them.
    - gameplay loop is lacking a bit - gauntlet, attack a few times, end battle and repeat.

Anyway i Love the demo and the first chapter. Looking forward for future updates such as new succubus of course.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Stryderr

Great !
    The art is amazing
    The writting skill more than competent

A pleasure to play multiple time to see everything possible ! :D

Unfortunately I never was the kind of guy who write a lot so I can't post this vote without writting more but once again : this game is amazing, don't hesitate to support the creator via patreon !
  12. 5.00 star(s)

spredde

I loved playing this game. It's animated, it's a decent story that can involve sex into it. Great images, great character art and design. I'm definitely awaiting the update to this. The only thing I'd improve upon in this game would be to have more rough animation scenes. Otherwise, it's gold!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Enreso

Version 0.4

It is still a bit early t give a proper review so i won't write too much and will keep it short.

The Art is VERY good and attractive, i definetly enjoyed it but i know that some people don't enjoy oversized Breasts and/or Asses. So if you don't mind oversized body parts, you will enjoy the Artwork.

Gameplay, it is an RPGM game but i honestly didn't mind, some people keep hating on RPGM but i don't see why, there was NO GRIND in this game, you get your items very easily, you can buy skills very easily and not at all expensive, i fought and won every battle without any problem. You progress with a very nice pace throughout the Story.

Story is simple but nice, the characters are interesting and fun, i enjoyed the banter between some characters in the game. It is still a bit too early to properly rate the Story but at this moment, it is good.

Content, for a game that is at version 0.4 i have to say that there is a good amount of content, many other games don't have that much content, good job dev!

I give this game 4 stars, what would make me give it the 5th star would be, more animations and controls. Like choosing what to do with the succubus (oral, vaginal or anal sex). I understand that the game makes the Succubus take on a dominant role, but i would like to see it possible for the MC to somehow "take over".

To finalize, i can only recommend this game, please don't disregard it just because it is made with RPGM, this is a very enjoyablle game that really is easy to play and has very good art.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Jason Stuckler

From what I've played It's great. I loved the story and all elements up to date and can't wait for more updates, Quality sprites, characters, temptations, etc. Considering it's only on it's third version (Currently 10/27/2019) It has a surprisingly large amount of content and is very entertaining.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

CachacaLover

The game has a lot of promise with one of the best art I've seen and one of the best stories I played. The art itself is a treat and considering the fact that the story is so good to the point of been played only for it, it makes thing even better. I did not expected that for a hentai game to be honest. There are two downsides though, imo. First, the combat can be boring, but then again it's hard to create a good and balanced one. Considering that this is the first game from Zion it might take a while for him to nail it. Second is something that the author already promised to address, body types. I want to see more variations for it. If you are looking for a mindless hentai game where "sex happens" and that will soon be forgotten, you must turn back and leave as it's not for you. If you are looking for a game that will become one of the heaviest names of the hentai world in a few years, with great art, scenes, story, characters and hopefully diverse body types and great combat, look no further. You found it.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

Pros:
    - art is amazing, so juicy
    - story is pretty good

Cons:
    - H-scenes are really lacking, you have 3 scenes per enemy (give up, lose and win + choose sex), but they are the same, the only exception is the last "boss" fight - and the content is roughly the same again with the exception of the last "boss"

- poor gameplay loop - gauntlet, attack a few times, end battle and repeat.
    Furthermore after every H-scene you get a game over screen so you have to reload (pray that you saved) and walk back all the way.

- way too much exposition, 70-80% of the game is explaining who is who and why you should care and i mean mainly secondary characters that no one care about

I have spent 1-2h of back stories for secondary characters for 20-30min of gameplay... with around 10-15 min of actual content...

TL&DR: Great art mediocre game, overall not worth the time imo.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

EternalFetish

The game is very excellent, and the art is quite mesmerizing, if I do say so myself, I find myself deeply caring for the characters regardless even though I just wanna fuck them to death until my balls get dry like the sahara desert. Nonetheless, great game, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in succubus, Humanity's greatest mythos in existence.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

daphnefan

- Fantastic art. This is why we are all here. The new art looks great too, but there wasn't a ton added since the last update.

- Repetitive, pointless gameplay. Fighting the same enemies over and over. guantlet -> attack 4 turns -> gauntlet -> attack four turns gets old FAST. Upgrading the gauntlet with fire/elec/ice is pointless because it saps your magic points, which you cant recover, which makes you lose to every enemy. Defeating enemies doesnt give exp for some reason, so grinding doesn't make it easier to play through.

-Maps are way too big. Keep them short like you did in the first forest demo.

-Scenes only occur when you lose. If you are winning and playing well, you are missing literally all of the good content. This needs to get fixed ASAP.

- The story. The story of the main character is fine, but we are constantly getting bogged down with the side stories of his companions. If there are no hot succubi around, no one cares. The dev is clearly putting a massive amount of work into the story, settings, animating scenes, etc, but all of that work is just making the game slow and boring.

My recommendations:
    - Make sex with succubi part of success in the game
    - remove all of the extra cutscenes that dont focus on the main character
    - focus on developing character progression with skill trees and leveling up
    - the more succubi variety, the better. I want to see most of the dev time going into art and sex scenes, not making a town and populating it with 50 people for a minute long cutscene.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

you_got_me1

Love the demo and the first chapter. Looking forward for future updates such as new succubus and gallery mode where we could see the scene back after collecting it.

The world map and the lore of the game is quite extensive for the story to progess and also the succubus setting is kinda my thing tho ;)

Definitely got my support for Patreon 100% (y)

Although need to wait for my paycheck at the end of the month :ROFLMAO:
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Nullx54

Game is good and it got a good premise and concept. If the quality of the updates stays the game or even improves it's going to be masterpiece.

Gameplay needs an improvement though as it's a bit boring and the fire tree is the only one that's fully developed, we should have the option to use the elements to use a particular fighting style, let fire do damage and add a DoT, Lightning deal raw damage while ice slows your enemy.

I feel that this will be the most challenging part because the plot, level design and art is spot on.

Good Job.