3.50 star(s) 102 Votes
Oct 24, 2018
Some of the changes that I remember that were greatly appreciated were:
-Adding a counter for the turns that Iron Will is active, since before you just had to guess and if you guessed wrong, you would be punished by falling prey to a succubus temptation.
-Making the sex scenes, like the one for the leafhair succubus, much shorter, since before it would drag for so long thanks to the transitions each time the MC would cum.
-Changing the common enemy that you encounter on the map from a succubus to a demon plant, which makes sense lore wise.
-Adding animations (which in this case I would also thank fr5ut who started doing this in his free time and later got in touch with Zion and they partnered up)
-Getting rid of the JoJo references, which didn't really belong in this game
-Hiring a voice actress, which is now only present with Argeia (the white demon), but will be added soon to the first general Dahlia.
-Being able to use iron will during a sex scene either if you surrender at the beginning or if you defeat the succubus, which lets you take a small sneak peak if you don't want to have a game over.
-Fixing the bug where you were not able to open the menu if you played through the prologue.
-Growing stronger by obtaining runes instead of by leveling up, since, as already explained by Zion, you are already among the peak of what a human can do, which also makes sense story wise.
-The above point also changed the way you would find money in crates and use that money to learn magic, which was weird, to instead using your money to buy items (as of now) and changing the magic to skills which you learn after each fight.

Reactions: NeroZee
Oct 24, 2018
Also, Zion already said that he would add a gallery in the next update, which was something a lot of people wanted.
As for the issue with the tribal succubus, I do agree that it may be a bit tedious in where if you are caught, you basically have to sit through the sex scene or just close the game and try again. While it does make sense for it to be an instant game over in the lore of the game, since succubus are just that powerful, maybe a solution would be to implement a quick save and quick load button, that way it would be much faster when you do get caught to reload and try again.

crazydave3226

Jul 26, 2017
so uh somebody might've already posted this ever since the update came out, but i have to ask, what happened to the skill tree. Is it gone or did i miss something from the tutorial

crazydave3226

Jul 26, 2017
also i'm curious about something. You see i transferred my save from v0.4 to this version and i feel like the gameplay felt a bit too easy. Was that not intended or what??

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
so uh somebody might've already posted this ever since the update came out, but i have to ask, what happened to the skill tree. Is it gone or did i miss something from the tutorial
The leveling system was taken away and was reworked, now it's based around runes and items you pick up rather than leveing, also thats the reason the combat felt easy for you, if you started playing with a new save, you'd find the combat to be much more challenging.

Reactions: crazydave3226

HartsRed

Sep 8, 2019
Hey Zion, another fantastic chapter as usual. The story, character and world development are really starting to come together.

Regarding another commentator's view that this game is inferior to 'Succubus Senki', I have to strongly disagree. I've played through 'Succubus Senki' and while the gameplay for fights is indeed better, it's inferior to 'Succubus Covenant' in nearly all other aspects: story, characters, world building, world traversing and of course artwork.

If you would care to read, I do, however, have a few criticisms that I believe could be improved on. I rarely voice my criticisms for other games, so I'm only doing so now since I have such high hopes for this one.

1. Trap Succubi - I did quite like the change in gameplay for this area, and the focus on the weakness of hunters without their relics. However, often I had to just restart the game when I was caught since there wasn't any skip or quick reload feature, which is probably quite an easy fix. Furthermore, its a shame there isn't any chance to enjoy the scenes for the trap succubi without dying. It would be good if you could put a couple potential scenarios in the end of the dungeon after you find your equipment.

2. Relic system - I do agree with you, that it makes more sense with the lore for the hunter to not just blindly gain experience every time he defeats something. However, the alternative relic system is quite boring and linear compared with the original skill tree. My personal idea, would be for the hunter to gain skill points for the 'Iron Will Guantlet' every time he defeats a succubus (dependant on the succubi's level), that way the levelling system feels more organic, players are rewarded for finding and defeating other succubi and the integrity of the lore remains intact.

3. Capturing Succubi - not really a criticism but something I, and many other players, would like to see implemented in the future, especially now that the player is able to build their own camp (fantastic idea btw). It doesn't have to be for all succubi but there should occasionally be the opportunity for the player to capture certain succubi and then be able to replay the scenes with them. This could easily be tied in with the story as an opportunity for either research into succubi or for the hunter to develop his ability to resist the succubi's power of temptation.

Other than that the game is absolutely fantastic and I would encourage you to just continue what your doing.

Edit: I would just like to further add that I loved the scene with the Succubus Queen, and I would love to see more cutscenes just like that, with other people getting attacked and drained by different succubi. I feel that it really develops the characteristics of the various succubi and the world lore as a whole.

Last edited:

Anoo00

Jul 24, 2017
1. Trap Succubi - I did quite like the change in gameplay for this area, and the focus on the weakness of hunters without their relics. However, often I had to just restart the game when I was caught since there wasn't any skip or quick reload feature, which is probably quite an easy fix. Furthermore, its a shame there isn't any chance to enjoy the scenes for the trap succubi without dying. It would be good if you could put a couple potential scenarios in the end of the dungeon after you find your equipment.
with F5 you can get to the title screen

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hey Zion, another fantastic chapter as usual. The story, character and world development are really starting to come together.

Regarding another commentator's view that this game is inferior to 'Succubus Senki', I have to strongly disagree. I've played through 'Succubus Senki' and while the gameplay for fights is indeed better, it's inferior to 'Succubus Covenant' in nearly all other aspects: story, characters, world building, world traversing and of course artwork.

If you would care to read, I do, however, have a few criticisms that I believe could be improved on. I rarely voice my criticisms for other games, so I'm only doing so now since I have such high hopes for this one.

2. Relic system - I do agree with you, that it makes more sense with the lore for the hunter to not just blindly gain experience every time he defeats something. However, the alternative relic system is quite boring and linear compared with the original skill tree. My personal idea, would be for the hunter to gain skill points for the 'Iron Will Guantlet' every time he defeats a succubus (dependant on the succubi's level), that way the levelling system feels more organic, players are rewarded for finding and defeating other succubi and the integrity of the lore remains intact.

3. Capturing Succubi - not really a criticism but something I, and many other players, would like to see implemented in the future, especially now that the player is able to build their own camp (fantastic idea btw). It doesn't have to be for all succubi but there should occasionally be the opportunity for the player to capture certain succubi and then be able to replay the scenes with them. This could easily be tied in with the story as an opportunity for either research into succubi or for the hunter to develop his ability to resist the succubi's power of temptation.

Other than that the game is absolutely fantastic and I would encourage you to just continue what your doing.

Edit: I would just like to further add that I loved the scene with the Succubus Queen, and I would love to see more cutscenes just like that, with other people getting attacked and drained by different succubi. I feel that it really develops the characteristics of the various succubi and the world lore as a whole.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked! I'll go point by point:

1-I'll add this option to skip it. My bad, it should have been included already. I'm polishing chapter 1 and 2 right now, so I can release it with animations, the witch scene and polished before moving to chapter 3.

2-When I rewrote the combat, I went with the intention of creating a more limited experience, but also more refined. By knowing exactly how much stats and skills you have available to the fight, I can create a balanced battle. Many people had problems with the Spider Succubus... As they should! I made the spider succubus harder than the general, and if you can defeat her, you will be rewarded with a nice boost to your attack that will make the other succubi rather easy.

3-Succubus romance, slave, etc. Is not something I want to include in this series. This game is about evil, devilish succubus, and I want to keep it that way. There will be a recollection room however, that you can re-battle against all succubus you have previously fought.

I think that's it. Thank you for your interest in our game, I love to hear opinions and suggestions, such as yours! :giggle:

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
The artwork of this game is excellent, i like the story the male characters, and obviously the succubus.

Then, what happend if my character doesnt want to have a relation with Iole?
if you make the wrong choice iole will be angry and will say "nevermind" always that you talk to her, I just to make this choice

Reactions: raquitic

HartsRed

Sep 8, 2019
Thanks! I'm glad you liked! I'll go point by point:

1-I'll add this option to skip it. My bad, it should have been included already. I'm polishing chapter 1 and 2 right now, so I can release it with animations, the witch scene and polished before moving to chapter 3.

2-When I rewrote the combat, I went with the intention of creating a more limited experience, but also more refined. By knowing exactly how much stats and skills you have available to the fight, I can create a balanced battle. Many people had problems with the Spider Succubus... As they should! I made the spider succubus harder than the general, and if you can defeat her, you will be rewarded with a nice boost to your attack that will make the other succubi rather easy.

3-Succubus romance, slave, etc. Is not something I want to include in this series. This game is about evil, devilish succubus, and I want to keep it that way. There will be a recollection room however, that you can re-battle against all succubus you have previously fought.

I think that's it. Thank you for your interest in our game, I love to hear opinions and suggestions, such as yours! :giggle:
Hey, thanks for the reply. It's really commendable of you taking your time to answer each of points and goes to show how much you really care about making the best game possible.

Regarding point 2, I completely agree with you about having a system that easily enables you to create a more balanced, and thus strategic, battle encounter. However, the point that I'm trying to stress is more from the character development element of the hunter and the level of immersion for the player.

The current rune system means that all the player has to focus on to beat any of the encounters is to just obtain the latest runes, which takes away from one of the core aspects of the story: the character development of the main protagonist. Furthermore, the player is able to easily skip all of the 'side quest' succubus encounters, and can just bulldoze his way through the main story with little to no consequence.

I think what you did with the encounter with the trap succubus was the best, and most balanced, option. By successfully defeating succubus encounters the player is given a permanent stat boost or additional skill, not an easily replaceable rune which lasts for about 15 minutes before another one is found. That way players can enjoy the character development of the main protagonist, and you can still create a balanced encounter since there is a hard limit on how powerful the main protagonist can become.

Last edited:

ahmedekos

Oct 14, 2017
This game has a lot of potential.

The art style is great, story is ok, background music is nice, however combat needs a rework. The succubi use temptation 80% of the time, which means the player can just use the same combat pattern for every encounter (Iron will + 2x Attacks).

Here are my suggestions:
  1. Add an option to skip the intro, since its a bit long.
  2. Remove "Iron will" from the game and replace the resist mechanic with a time based system like in Tower of Trample (This is up to you, i just think it would make battles more interactive).
  3. Increase the succubi moveset so they don't spam temptation every other turn.
  4. Make leaf succubi more vulnerable to fire magic. (it should be their weakness no?)
  5. Nerf healing items.
  6. Show EXP gained after battle.
  7. Add the option the save anywhere.
i need the save file iam not interested of the story can anyone upload the save file please

3.50 star(s) 102 Votes