3.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Jun 24, 2017
From Dev ( )

Well, after 2 torturous nights without much sleep, it's time to admit it.

The amount of bugs in this update remains too big, I even managed to find some bugs on old saves that I've never seen before.
Also, I've enabled the pub, but many other locations are disabled instead, because the events are not fully ready(either no variations, or strict dress code, plus bugs).

It's been a long time since 0.58 release, and I considered releasing the update in a special "bugfixing" release, but that would be too pathetic.
Even though I don't always succeed at preventing game-breaking bugs, I don't want to make the bugs the main reason the update is released.

All in all, the update needs a few more days to cook(probably more days than are left in this month, unfortunately).

Pledges for this month are paused as well.

But I also want to present at least something, since it's been so long since the last release.

That's why I'm gonna reveal a small secret.

Last year, just before the New Year, I was working on a special release. I never mentioned anything beyond that, and then my schedule got destroyed, so the subject got buried.

The special release was supposed to be a small original Succulence update, because there are a few old bugs that keep getting reported, with a few extra images here and there.

Some time passed since then already, and the past few months have been quite rough, but this year it's going to be a 5 year anniversary of this page and the original Succulence.
So I thought that I'll take those images from New Year, combine them with some old unreleased images that didn't make it into the game and make a small image set/comic about Serena's teaching shenanigans.

I kept it all a secret in case it turned out to be too silly of an idea, but I already made a bunch of samples, so I'll compile them into an image set and post it tomorrow.

I felt pretty embarrassed doing these scenes, so putting it all out for everyone to judge is a fitting punishment for messing up the release :)

Until tomorrow.

As some dude said this before, and I quote: "This game is the definition of Deja Vu".

Last edited:

Jan 23, 2022
[引用="仿射,帖子:8201725,成员:82009"]
来自 Dev ( )

好吧,经过2个折磨人的夜晚没有太多睡眠,是时候承认它了。

此更新中的错误数量仍然太大,我甚至设法在我以前从未见过的旧存档中发现了一些错误。
此外,我已经启用了酒吧,但许多其他位置被禁用,因为事件尚未完全准备就绪(要么没有变化,要么严格的着装要求,加上错误)。

自0.58发布以来已经有很长一段时间了,我考虑过在一个特殊的"错误修复"版本中发布更新,但这太可悲了。
尽管我并不总是能成功防止破坏游戏的错误,但我不想让这些错误成为发布更新的主要原因。

总而言之,更新需要更多的几天来做饭(不幸的是,可能比本月剩下的天数还要多)。

本月的认捐也暂停了。

但我也想至少介绍一些东西,因为距离上次发布已经过去了很长时间。

这就是为什么我要透露一个小秘密。

去年,就在新年之前,我正在制作一个特别的版本。除此之外,我从未提及任何事情,然后我的日程安排被破坏了,所以这个话题被埋葬了。

特别版应该是一个小型的原始多肉植物更新,因为有一些旧的错误不断被报告,这里和那里有一些额外的图像。

从那时起已经过去了一段时间,过去的几个月已经相当艰难,但今年将是这个页面和原始多肉植物的5周年纪念日。
所以我想我会从新年中获取这些图像,将它们与一些没有进入游戏的旧未发布图像相结合,并制作一个关于Serena教学恶作剧的小图像集/漫画。

我把这一切都保密了,以防它被证明是一个太愚蠢的想法,但我已经制作了一堆样本,所以我会把它们编译成一个图像集,明天发布。

做这些场景时,我感到很尴尬,所以把所有的东西都拿出来让大家判断,是对搞砸发布的适当惩罚。:)

直到明天。

正如一些家伙之前所说,我引用:“这个游戏是Deja Vu的定义”。
[/引用]

xd4545

Aug 17, 2017
I downloaded ver. 0.58.3 but it tells me shortly after starting chapter 1 that I can´t progress further until I have ver 0.58.3
Does anyone have an idea why that is?

Jan 23, 2022
I don't know what the production team is doing, the game has been making for 3 years, but there's so little content to play and so little content to play, and although I love the game, it's updated fast enough to make me forget about it

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
I downloaded ver. 0.58.3 but it tells me shortly after starting chapter 1 that I can´t progress further until I have ver 0.58.3
Does anyone have an idea why that is?
Because its all that was redone till then, still stuck waiting for a new update.
Dev has so many ideas in mind, he is always pushing the release back to a future date.
We will wait if he really can release something in June now.

Cheers

Del.Mar

Nov 19, 2017
News
Hello.

Development has been quite slow for the past 3 days, so this isn't quite Sequel News, but still a small progress log.

The update is slowly coming together into something that can be played for more than 10 minutes without encountering a bug. No release dates just yet, but soon(tm).

The progress log:
- The square map has been improved since Wednesday - now it looks richer(the train station also got more polished)
- Shame folder now officially works with all available clothing items that are sold in Desire Shop
- Inside the Mall there are mini-shops that sell various miscellaneous items for Serena's apartment(small customization changes)
- Status Menu got changed - no more zoom out when entering(It's now a button on the side panel)

Right now I'm working on Tonic Delivery event, since the original CG set I made for it is kind of obsolete. It's a good image set though, so I'll have to think of some use for it.

More news will be posted on Wednesday, and there might be another post tomorrow. Until next time.
Cheers.

Jan 23, 2022
For me, there is another big problem. The production team is too slow to make a reality show. As a person who can't read English, there is no Chinese translation team. I remember there are sequels to this game

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
For me, there is another big problem. The production team is too slow to make a reality show. As a person who can't read English, there is no Chinese translation team. I remember there are sequels to this game
Since "production team" keeps coming up, I'll add a reminder that [R]Nest is just one person. Succulence 1 and 2 are solo projects. Hiring more people would make things go faster, but they'd need the budget for it. The lack of translations is, well, a community problem, not a developer problem.

It's a shame that the plans for 2 went out the window and do-overs were needed. If development feels too slow, there's no way around it but to a) fund a full team or b) leave the game on the boil for another year.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
I wonder if those complaining are actually supporter or just grab the stuff if its coming in.
I have no problem to provide a new version, but its ready if its ready.
So I agree with makeitso point a)
If you want to complain, then pay to complain ;)

And at least not like other developers, he responce to questions or ideas and explains the delays.
Let's see if we get a version this year ^^

Cheers

cs940124

Jan 4, 2020
At this point the developer is only milking hes patrons....He did NOTHING since september last year.... I was a patron until he anounced the remakeing of the game... I was happy, but he deliverd nothing... Every time he has to release an uppdate he has a problem. xD i get that sometimes things might happend,but every fucking time? This is my oppinion. If you like beeing milked keep giving him money,but im out.Sad tho... the first game was good.

Reactions: hifeke and mamonths

vaansinn

Jul 5, 2020
At this point the developer is only milking hes patrons....He did NOTHING since september last year.... I was a patron until he anounced the remakeing of the game... I was happy, but he deliverd nothing... Every time he has to release an uppdate he has a problem. xD i get that sometimes things might happend,but every fucking time? This is my oppinion. If you like beeing milked keep giving him money,but im out.Sad tho... the first game was good.
Didn't he say that Patreon is on hold for now?

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes