3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
Did the game finally move forward? It feels like all updates are either stuff that already existed at some point or are highly unimportant holiday specials as an excuse to not bring the story forward. :cry:

Liam_3

Dec 3, 2018
This is one of the sadder patreon cash grabs I have borne witness to
How is it a cash grab if more than half of the payment periods have been put on hold this year?
I'd say it's the sign of a game dev that needs to learn a new system but has too much pride by now to ship unfinished gameplay systems like he used to do and as such can't keep up his old shedule.

My biggest wish would be that he for once keeps his promise of not mentioning release dates up to the day the release is finished.

Reactions: makeitso and Lobbly

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
How is it a cash grab if more than half of the payment periods have been put on hold this year?
I'd say it's the sign of a game dev that needs to learn a new system but has too much pride by now to ship unfinished gameplay systems like he used to do and as such can't keep up his old shedule.

My biggest wish would be that he for once keeps his promise of not mentioning release dates up to the day the release is finished.
You're absolutely right. The developer has been more then transparent and fair to his patreons. I was among them once. I think the problem he is facing is that he didn't plan out his game in a good way that makes it easy to work on. Part 1 was basically just another story of someone becoming "corrupted". Leaving this path and chosing this crazy kind of storytelling makes life a lot harder. I just hope he keeps his sanity and either finishes or abandons it.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017

A little status report first.
My circumstances did not get better in the last few days.
Yesterday and today there was almost no work done, and the update is stuck at 80-85% completion.
If things don't get better by next week I'll release it anyway, and I'll have to hope things get better in December.
Release Dates[0.65]:
November 26[Saturday]: Tier 3 & 4
November 28: Tier 2
December 1: Tier 1(public)
Detailed Changelog for the release will be posted on Saturday or Sunday.
Thank you for the support under the last post - even though it feels like I don't deserve it, it still means a lot.

Reactions: Pap555 and rh12

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
Checking this out every 3 months and it always ends in a huge disappointment.
I hate it when the dev decides to do things and focuses on the small and very unimportant points and wastes month on stuff nobody gives a shit about just to satisfy their ego and try to create something "perfect".
Then after they fail or somewhat succeed they have wasted months of work and no real progress was made. Worst of all nobody even notices these tiny changes.
Even worse is that this dev just remade and scrapped so much content that he actually easily would have created a full game if he would just stick with stuff.

Reactions: farfan_parkour

slepth

Aug 5, 2016

Hello.
In the last few days I managed to do some work, so the chances for the release next Saturday actually being complete are getting bigger.
Still not 100% though.
Here's a detailed changelog of what actually will be present in 0.65:
- Lots of new shops, items(with collectibles) and locations
- Events in the bar and drinking mechanic
- Weekly work/leisure cycle
- Clothing shop with many old and new items
- Leveling up
- Updated and expanded crowd reactions
- Mini games will finally be enabled
- Serena's titles changed to be fully cosmetic in nature
- All title bonuses are earned separately as passive bonuses(and you get to have them enabled all at once, instead of choosing the most efficient title constantly)
- Many new image sets
Things that are still not fully ready:
- Fighting system
- Celebrity system
- Heroine Relationship Progression
- Level caps
- Halloween Special
More news will be posted tomorrow or on Wednesday.
Until next post.
Cheers.
Fighting system not ready? Darnit, 0.7 then :(

Reactions: rh12

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
He should just abandon this and make a spin-off based on first game's engine. This has been a development black hole.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
Wait, what? This man stops pledges every time he gets a delay, he has been very clear about the pocess of his ONE PERSON dev team and game... idk why there is people that say its a cashgrab when they *probably* don't even pledge
Funny that the logic that always presents itself here is: Hey you can't call it a ripoff if you don't buy it too! Its a very bruh sort of thought process.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Funny that the logic that always presents itself here is: Hey you can't call it a ripoff if you don't buy it too! Its a very bruh sort of thought process.
I mean, they are right. It is not really a cash grab if the Dev stops the pledges. It is not like they are milking someone, they dont get money if they dont progress.

Yes, it takes ages until something gets done, but at least the Dev is transparent and does not get any money while prolonging development.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
yup, guess her really needs this time out. Hope he really won't touch the gamen then.
Maybe we get some unfinished stuff before he steps away a bit.
if not i'll be back summer 2023 (or 2024 depends on the development haha)

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes